Sign in to follow this  
TIL 1010

Mixed Messages From The Box Office Over Away Ticket Stubs.

[quote user="canaryfairy"]

Supermembership (or Priority Membership as it is now known) is worth 500 points

I had 900 points this morning based on the 18 away games I went to. I called the ticket office to ask about the system but the guy had no idea. Whilst on the phone I renewed my supermembership and when I logged back onto the ticket site I had 1400 points. 

The transaction history search/filter doesn''t seem to be working properly but I did find confirmation that my purchase of:

- Priority Membership 13/14 = 500 points

- Man Utd away 12/13 = 50 points  

[/quote]

I thought the filter wasn''t working properly either but if you hover over the ''my account'' tab and select ''order history & ticket summary'' all purchased ticket info pops up at the bottom of the page.

I have now spoken with Danny Casey the ticket office manager who was most helpful and he informed me that once the system is up and running everybody will be informed how it will work moving forward so here is a very basic overview.....

Points will be awarded from the 2012/13 season only and not any date before.

1000 points per season ticket holders,500 points per member and 50 points per game. Day of the week,night or day or distance will not be taken into account.

For the 2013/14 season let''s use my history as an EXAMPLE ONLY. I have 1500 points and for all away game I wish to go to there will be a qualification number of points for each game. FOR EXAMPLE 500 points allows me to apply for Hull and say FOR EXAMPLE Sunderland 300. These points will not be deleted from your history at this stage. Every game I go to I gain 50 points so if I go to say 8 away games in May next year provided I renew my season ticket I will then have 2900 points ( 1000 plus 50 x 8 plus my original 1500).At that stage my points for 2012/13 will be deleted so moving forward for 2014/15 I will start with 1400 and off we go again.

I hope this gives a little clarification on what is a transitional period and of course there will be problems and hiccups but if anybody has issues give the box office a call. Danny assures me they will be sympathic.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

I have now spoken with Danny Casey the ticket office manager who was most helpful and he informed me that once the system is up and running everybody will be informed how it will work moving forward so here is a very basic overview.....

Points will be awarded from the 2012/13 season only and not any date before.

1000 points per season ticket holders,500 points per member and 50 points per game. Day of the week,night or day or distance will not be taken into account.

For the 2013/14 season let''s use my history as an EXAMPLE ONLY. I have 1500 points and for all away game I wish to go to there will be a qualification number of points for each game. FOR EXAMPLE 500 points allows me to apply for Hull and say FOR EXAMPLE Sunderland 300. These points will not be deleted from your history at this stage. Every game I go to I gain 50 points so if I go to say 8 away games in May next year provided I renew my season ticket I will then have 2900 points ( 1000 plus 50 x 8 plus my original 1500).At that stage my points for 2012/13 will be deleted so moving forward for 2014/15 I will start with 1400 and off we go again.

I hope this gives a little clarification on what is a transitional period and of course there will be problems and hiccups but if anybody has issues give the box office a call. Danny assures me they will be sympathic.*

[/quote]

Sympathetic even [:$]

There''s some more detail, albeit badly worded, up on the official site now.

Seems to me this doesn''t actually change much at all with the problems of the previous system, i.e. that a member can go to loads of away games and still lose out to a season ticket holder who only wants to go to one big away game. i.e.

ST holder - 1000 pts auto

Member - 500 pts auto

Member still needs another 500 pts to even catch the ST holder - that''s 10 away games. So basically the ''Member plus 10 stubs'' group from last season, which puts them in with 20,000 other season ticket holders.

Appreciate them trying but this system doesn''t actually seem to solve anything and just overcomplicates the issue. Although it sounds like there''ll be online applications now, not before time.

There is no mention on the website about how to fill in the gaps from 2012/13 where the club only recorded the customer number of the person making the purchase for general sale matches.  It''s also bizarre that all away games are worth 50 points, surely you should offer incentives to travel to the less attractive fixtures (such as Stoke away on TV)!

Agree re fixture incentives - especially when in the last couple of years the club have several times offered free/reduced coach travel if it looks like we''re not going to fill an allocation. Wonder if unpopular games might start becoming an ''extra 50 point bonus game'' in the last week of sales if we''re looking like we might lose money on unsold allocation

So, my 5-year-old daughter, who has so far attended just one League Cup game and the home game against Wigan, but who has recently been allocated a heavily discounted season ticket, now automatically gets 1000 points.

But a non-ST holder who attended every single away league game last season gets only 950 points.

Back of the net!

A member who perhaps can''t get a season ticket due to the waiting list, but might have attended 15 home games at full price last season, gets absolutely no additional credit for their home match attendance, but a season ticket holder does.

Doesn''t seem fair to me. Either make home attendance relevant for everyone or no-one.

Massively over-rewards season ticket holders (not that I''m complaining because I am one).

Seems very unfair on non-ST holders who go mainly to away games, especially the Stokes, Sunderlands & West Broms.

Fully agree that casual home tickets should have a value.  If it''s 1000 points for season ticket holders and 500 for members, a home match should give 25 points so offering 950 for a member who attends all home games.

Apologies if this has been answered earlier on, but did the club consult groups such as Capital Canaries before making these changes?

[quote user="Grant Holts 3 year contract"][quote user="Sports Desk Pete"]Looks like Peterborough was worth 100 points...[/quote]On my purchase history it says that "Peterborough terrace" was worth 50. [/quote]50 points ? After a half-time paddle around their latrine, aka the Gents Toilet, I think someone must be ''avin a laugh......[:O]

[quote user="PurpleCanary"]Apologies if this has been answered earlier on, but did the club consult groups such as Capital Canaries before making these changes?[/quote]I''ve previous spoken to the club on a personal level about improvements that I''d like to see, however these have always be rebuked (despite being not too dissimilar to what the club have just announced).  I''m not aware of any formal communication with the Capital Canaries on this matter, I''ll try to confirm this with our chairman.

[quote user="Lets be aving you"]

Massively over-rewards season ticket holders (not that I''m complaining because I am one).

Seems very unfair on non-ST holders who go mainly to away games, especially the Stokes, Sunderlands & West Broms.

[/quote]Sure does on both counts. I think those who regularly go to away games should have at least equal priority with season ticket holders especially as it was not always easy to get away tickets in the lower priority groups.

[quote user="Matt Juler"][quote user="PurpleCanary"]Apologies if this has been answered earlier on, but did the club consult groups such as Capital Canaries before making these changes?[/quote]I''ve previous spoken to the club on a personal level about improvements that I''d like to see, however these have always be rebuked (despite being not too dissimilar to what the club have just announced).  I''m not aware of any formal communication with the Capital Canaries on this matter, I''ll try to confirm this with our chairman.[/quote]

Thanks, Matt. Some things are better under the new regime and some are worse. Talking to groups such as yours beforehand would seem the obvious thing to do, and probably would have happened with the old management.. A shame if it didn''t this time.

[quote user="......and Smith must score."][quote user="Lets be aving you"]

[/quote]Sure does on both counts. I think those who regularly go to away games should have at least equal priority with season ticket holders especially as it was not always easy to get away tickets in the lower priority groups.[/quote]

It would be good to treat all supporters the same.   Going to a mixture of home and away games can easily mount up to twenty games a season - just about the same  as a season ticket holder and usually at much more cost.    

I''m a season ticket holder and hope to go to many away games next season

So we start the season with 1000 points say I didn''t go to any away games and renew my season ticket would I have 2000 points next year or does it go back to 1000

[quote user="mbncfc1"]I''m a season ticket holder and hope to go to many away games next season

So we start the season with 1000 points say I didn''t go to any away games and renew my season ticket would I have 2000 points next year or does it go back to 1000[/quote]I believe the system is as follows; your season ticket points do not transfer from season to season, however your away match points will transfer until the end of the season after next.  For example:2012/13 - 5 away games (250)2013/14 - Start of season, 1000 points for Season Ticket; 250 points for 2012/13 away games, so 1250 in total.  Say you attend 8 away games you''ll end the season with 1000 + 250 + 400, so 1650 points.2014/15 - Start of season, 1000 points for Season Ticket; 400 points for 2013/14 away games, so 1400 in total.  The 250 points from 2012/13 will be removed.

I diagree with this. All the system does is updates the old one by it being online instead of physically taking your stubs in and it also stops people borrowing stubs off other people to make it up to 10 to be in the old group one for tickets.

it used to be away season ticket holders - they will still get their tickets so this does not affect them

season ticket holders with 10 stubs - would now put you on 1500 points, 1000 for your season ticket and 500 for 10 stubs

season ticket holders and members with 10 stubs - a season ticket holder would have 1000 points, a member 500 for membership plus 500 for 10 stubs so thats 1000 the same as season ticket holders.

members - 500 points

non members - 0

ok some will now have more points. ie a season ticket holder might only do say 3 or 4 away games and so will have say 1200 points and a member would need to do the 3 or 4 games plus the 10 extra games but so they should.

All fans are important to the club however if someone is doing 15 - 20 home games plus the 3 or 4 away then they should be ahead slightly. I suppose the only way to even it up would be to reward members points for home game purchased? and everyone points for home cup games.

I wonder what the system would be if we ended up in the europa league next season!? ( still dreaming!)

I also disagree that you should get more points for attending games that are further away from carrow rd. Not every Norwich fan lives in norwich. I live in north lincolnshire so sunderland is closer for me than a fan that lives in brighton. Where as a southampton game is closer for them.

I did 17 away last season, and as a season ticket holder, I assume I should have 1850 points?

Given the number of us on the road was so much lower last season - only Arsenal was oversubscribed - I don''t think there''s much to agonise over - even for us 10 stubbers. If we don''t buy any more strikers I suspect the away support will decline further ... (but I do think bonus points should be awarded for all who went to the Britannia for two seasons in a row and this match is on TV next season - bizarre!)

The more I think about this and the more comments I read on here it seems like a case of if it isn''t broke why try and fix it. This merely tampers with the system by rebranding 10 away stubs as 500 points for starters and reclassifies season ticket holders as a 1000 pointers.

Being a season ticket holder and going to 16 away games last year, I worked out I should have 1800 points which thankfully is the case.  However, a couple of matches that went straight on sale, Southampton and Peterborough, I also bought a ticket for someone else under my customer number.  This presumably means he won''t be allocated the points for these tickets even though he actually paid for the tickets.  There must be a way for the club to account for this otherwise there is the potential for people who have been to a lot of games but not bought the tickets themselves to be seriously screwed over.On another note I assume that anyone who I put on an application form to also receive tickets will have those points allocated to them correctly as I obviously included their name and customer number on the form?

I went to 10 away games last season. I''m not sure its fair that I''m graded as half as loyal as a Norwich based fan that has a season ticket, just like I don''t think a fan that traveled the length and breadth of the country to see all 20 games should have the same 1000 points as a season ticket holder who could travel 10 mins to see a huum gaame.

Plus, I think there should be some points (maybe 25?) given to tickets purchased for home games from non-season ticket holders.

As I''ve said many times NCFC box office...check how Spurs do it...very fair to both regular home AND away fans as distance and game gradings are taking in to consideration. i,e, Newcastle or So''ton away on a Tuesday night earns you more than West Ham on a Saturday at 3.

TBH we are dealing with an Away ticket allocation system here so, whilst I have some sympathy for the comments relating to home games, if the Club were to add these into the equation, it would just add more complication to the calculation process.

The same point can be said about weighting away games dependant on kick off times / days, it would just complicate things further and cause confusion down the line. Therefore, a universal figure for each game actually seems the best way forwards.  

I''ll guess we''ll just have to see how the revised system works, but the one thing the Club are going to need to improve upon is recording all season ticket / membership numbers for games that go on general sale where the individual buys more than one ticket, otherwise the "non buyer" will miss out on the points allocation.

So, I had a season ticket last season and went to 8 away games (15 away games in 2011/12). Unfortunately for family reasons I couldn''t renew for this season but I am hoping to go to most away games. I am left with just 300 points (2 of the away games were on general sale and they won''t let me have the points!), when someone who may have just got a season ticket and never been to an away game in their life gets 1,000? I don''t want to play the victim here but I feel that''s very unfair!

"I went to 10 away games last season. I''m not sure its fair that I''m graded as half as loyal as a Norwich based fan that has a season ticket, just like I don''t think a fan that traveled the length and breadth of the country to see all 20 games should have the same 1000 points as a season ticket holder who could travel 10 mins to see a huum gaame.Plus, I think there should be some points (maybe 25?) given to tickets purchased for home games from non-season ticket holders."

I quite agree, Spencer! While offering the club the advantage of simplicity, this new system over-rewards ST holders.

For practical purposes, this won''t matter for most away games.

But when we draw a plum away tie in the FA Cup quarterfinals and Hughton actually puts out a team instructed to win, woe betide away-game regulars if they don''t have a season ticket.

I know I''m just "another fan", but as the Away Travel Organiser for the Capitals I hear the views of a lot of regular (and less regular) away fans and I''ve offered numerous times to try to help the club with designing a better system always to hear that the current (old) paper system works fine.  It''s now frustrating that everyone is raising the same easy to fix issues about what they''ve done and these are all things that a small group of fans through a consultation process could have sorted out before going live.