Sign in to follow this  
TIL 1010

Mixed Messages From The Box Office Over Away Ticket Stubs.

[quote user="Matt Juler"]Just to clear this up a little bit, what Tim was referring to was games that went straight to general sale.  All tickets applied for via the application process registers the ticket to the individual, but if a game went straight to general sale (like Southampton for example), if I bought 4 tickets they''d all be logged against my customer number.[/quote]Ah right, that makes sense.  I guess then it would be down to the individual to send their stub as they would normally to prove they went.  So that is 12/13 sorted out and the new system in progress.

Just seen the last two posts, which sounds more promising for JS + NCFCStar and other P2 group people.

As regards what we were told at the meeting, from memory there were a series of points raised about away allocations and I specifcally questioned the NCFC responses regarding who had applied as I was very surprised at the answer.

Surely any new system should be along the lines of an online based application system so that all future purchases can be logged by the club, thereby avoiding the need to take studs to the ticket office once a season to be registered?

Any purchases made from the ticket offices should require all (assuming more than one ticket is required) the season ticket / membership numbers to be given at the time of purchase.

This isn''t rocket science and the club needs to move into the 21st Century!

[quote user="Jim Smith"]Having said that i''ve just looked at my purchase history on the official site and my purchase history appears to include all the away applications from last season and that i was Group 2.[/quote]

Just looked at mine and according to the records I only went to 3 away matches last season which isnt the case. Where does it say which group you are in?

[quote user="Kathy "][quote user="Jim Smith"]Having said that i''ve just looked at my purchase history on the official site and my purchase history appears to include all the away applications from last season and that i was Group 2.[/quote]

Just looked at mine and according to the records I only went to 3 away matches last season which isnt the case. Where does it say which group you are in?[/quote]

Next to several of my entries it says "application rcd Group 2"

They are in a random order though, had to scroll through several pages to find the relevant entries which seem to be mixed in with other entries dating back to 2006! The point is they definitely have the data there should they choose to use for a new system as they have details of all my away tickets from league 1 on there.

Have to say that each time I wanted a ticket I got one. I''m a season ticket holder but have never registered any away stubs. I guess the question is how many of the away games will we sell out this season?  

[quote user="Kathy "]Yes I saw that, but presumably that was last seasons status?[/quote]

Yes. have not registered my stubs yet for this season and sounds like i won''t need/be able to!

Despite Carrow Rd saying last season that they were quite happy with the away ticketing system it does seem as though they''ve had a change of heart.Not before time either.Most clubs use a points system which rewards those supporters who''re prepared to freeze their wotsits off at some God-forsaken outpost on a Tuesday night even when the game''s live on TV. Anyone can swan off to Arsenal for a bargain £25.50 on a pleasant Spring Saturday afternoon. Those that make the extra effort should definitely have priority for games where there are limited tickets available.That said I doubt if there''ll be many games where a priority system will be needed. Now that Wigan have gone - and they had a huge away section -  it''s only Arsenal who''re likely to offer us stupidly cheap tickets next season. Unless we''re doing unbelievably well or draw a low capacity opponent away in a cup game I can''t see it being needed more than once or twice at most.

After the "ticket system upgrade" yesterday I just visited the NCFC ticket website and I apparently have 1300 "Away Points".  I can''t find any breakdown to explain why I have 1300 points however.  I assume the club will announce more details soon (not holding by breath)!

[quote user="Matt Juler"]After the "ticket system upgrade" yesterday I just visited the NCFC ticket website and I apparently have 1300 "Away Points".  I can''t find any breakdown to explain why I have 1300 points however.  I assume the club will announce more details soon (not holding by breath)![/quote]Well I''ve got 1400.....Ha !!Again like you no idea why, when or how.

I''ve managed to find some info...Season Ticket 2013/14 = 1000 pointsAll away games from 2012/13 = 50 points eachThe issue now is that for certain games (such as WBA), I bought two tickets on general sale and my wife hasn''t had her points assigned because the club never took her details.  I assume the club the allow us to update this.I''m very happy that NCFC have updated their system, but to do so without first providing some details to the supporters is shocking.

I''ve got 850 but don''t have a season ticket. I''ve managed to get to a fair few away games over the last couple of seasons though so guess that''s how i''ve built them up.

It''s fantastic we''ve finally joined the 21st century but the cynical streak in me says it won''t run smoothly to begin with...

[quote user="Matt Juler"]I''ve managed to find some info...Season Ticket 2013/14 = 1000 pointsAll away games from 2012/13 = 50 points eachThe issue now is that for certain games (such as WBA), I bought two tickets on general sale and my wife hasn''t had her points assigned because the club never took her details.  I assume the club the allow us to update this.I''m very happy that NCFC have updated their system, but to do so without first providing some details to the supporters is shocking.[/quote]Matt, I sympathize as I can see this changeover ending up as a right dog''s dinner.....To be honest unless details were taken at the time it''s going to be difficult to prove who had what ticket but your scenario does seem unfair particlarly if that''s the way you normally purchase additional tickets. I think that''s happened to me on the odd occasion last season when it weas a last minute decision to go and we didn''t use a ballot form.I would have hoped that games might be weighted to take account of the difficulty in attending the fixtures but that doesn''t seem to be the case if a flat 50 points have been given for each of your away games.Whatever happens the Club are certainly going to need personal details of every ticket purchaser from now on if it''s to be as fair and open a system as it can be. 

[quote user="......and Smith must score."]I would have hoped that games might be weighted to take account of the difficulty in attending the fixtures but that doesn''t seem to be the case if a flat 50 points have been given for each of your away games.[/quote]Yes, fully agree.  Sunderland away live on TV should be worth 500 points alone (and no, I didn''t go)!

I have 1200 points, I''m fine with changing the system it was completely outdated.  What has annoyed me a bit is that points aren''t weighted more in favour of the less ''attractive'' games.

[quote user="Rotherham Canary"]

I''ve got 850 but don''t have a season ticket. I''ve managed to get to a fair few away games over the last couple of seasons though so guess that''s how i''ve built them up.

It''s fantastic we''ve finally joined the 21st century but the cynical streak in me says it won''t run smoothly to begin with...

[/quote]On that reckoning with 850 points and Matt''s breakdown means they''re saying you''ve been to 17 away games over the year RC. If you did less than that it must have include earlier years ?I suspect it''s just last season they''re using so if you''ve been given some '' extras '' best keep schtuum [:D]

[quote user="......and Smith must score."][quote user="Rotherham Canary"]

[/quote]On that reckoning with 850 points and Matt''s breakdown means they''re saying you''ve been to 17 away games over the year RC. If you did less than that it must have include earlier years ?I suspect it''s just last season they''re using so if you''ve been given some '' extras '' best keep schtuum [:D][/quote]I''d imagine Rotherham has some kind of membership, so that could count towards 250 points maybe?

Where do you go to find out how many away points you''ve got? Anyone got a link? Thanks

[quote user="Matt Juler"][quote user="......and Smith must score."][quote user="Rotherham Canary"]

[/quote]

On that reckoning with 850 points and Matt''s breakdown means they''re saying you''ve been to 17 away games over the year RC. If you did less than that it must have include earlier years ?

I suspect it''s just last season they''re using so if you''ve been given some '' extras '' best keep schtuum [:D]
[/quote]I''d imagine Rotherham has some kind of membership, so that could count towards 250 points maybe?
[/quote]

I''ve got a super membership so that maybe does count towards the total. Last season I got to:

Fulham, Newcastle, Villa, Everton, QPR, Man Utd, Wigan, Arsenal.

Unless i''ve missed some (which I don''t think I have), that would only make 650 points if a super membership is indeed worth 250? Possible that some previous season games are taken into account?

The suggestion of weighting less glamorous away fixtures is a great one. It would certainly work towards boosting low turnouts for TV games.

I''ve got a big fat zero points.  As I went to 18 away games last year, I''m hoping they don''t bother with the points when you have an away season ticket.  Hopefully an explanation for the new system will emerge soon.

I really wish they had adjusted the points for the different away fixtures, you could start with Stoke at 100 points and Arsenal at 1 point, and allocate all the rest in between.  If nothing else it would give us something different to talk about on here over the summer.

[quote user="CDB"]1150, Done peterborough, villa and man city away.[/quote]

Are you a season ticket holder? If not then there''s definitely other factors in play. Maybe looking back historically.

Supermembership (or Priority Membership as it is now known) is worth 500 points

I had 900 points this morning based on the 18 away games I went to. I called the ticket office to ask about the system but the guy had no idea. Whilst on the phone I renewed my supermembership and when I logged back onto the ticket site I had 1400 points. 

The transaction history search/filter doesn''t seem to be working properly but I did find confirmation that my purchase of:

- Priority Membership 13/14 = 500 points

- Man Utd away 12/13 = 50 points  

Checked an hour ago and I had 1500 points but when I researched my history a few minutes ago it had dropped to 1450 for some reason. I went to 10 away games last year of which only 1 was general sale. That was Southampton on a Wednesday night in November for which i purchased 3 tickets however they are not recorded on my history. Now is that laziness by whoever served me or are general sale not worth any points ?