Sign in to follow this  
TIL 1010

Mixed Messages From The Box Office Over Away Ticket Stubs.

On 21st June i took 20 away ticket stubs from last season into the box office and registered myself and Kathy for next season in Group 2. I was dealt with by Stephen Graham who has some fancy title which includes being away supporters liaison officer or something similar. He duly processed the stubs and recorded them on the computer system under our customer numbers before scribbling his initials on the reverse of them to obviously avoid me handing them on to someone else to use. Very polite and efficient as he usually is but said nothing more.

Today a friend of mine tried to register his stubs but another member of staff refused to do so indicating that things might well change with regard to away ticket allocations but would or could not enlarge on the situation other than to say watch the club website.

Hull is now only 6 weeks away and many regular away fans may well be on holiday if and when anything changes and could well miss the boat. Surely it would have been far more sensible and customer friendly to announce changes at the end of last season instead of letting this drift throughout the close season.

Rant over.

[quote user="crabbycanary"]Good point Til - but I am more concerned how you got your hands on Kathy''s ''stubs''[/quote]

I understand you had a big chance 20 years ago in your car. [:D][;)][:P]

I went in there last week and was told they weren''t registering at this current time. I think that was the box office manager that said that too.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

[quote user="crabbycanary"]Good point Til - but I am more concerned how you got your hands on Kathy''s ''stubs''[/quote]

[/quote]

Ha ha! It was that memorable that Kathy put it into print!

[quote user="crabbycanary"][quote user="TIL 1010"]

[/quote] Ha ha! It was that memorable that Kathy put it into print![/quote]

And I''m forever in your debt CC.

Looking back, I jumped into a car with a complete stranger in the early hours of the morning and headed off into the night. You could have been a rapist, an escaped convict, a serial killer, who knows. If my daughter did that I''d go ballistic! All for the love of Norwich City.

Didn''t McNally say in about March that there would be a new system this season?

To make it fairer for people in other categories?

I might be wrong but I''m sure I remember people suggesting a point system for away ticket allocation.

You are quite right Kathy, I think apoplectic is the word I would use if my daughters had done that. It was a different world then!!

I don''t think I ever properly apologised for my driving but Norwich to Dover in 2hrs 15 mins was a must, as history was waiting for us!

[quote user="crabbycanary"]You are quite right Kathy, I think apoplectic is the word I would use if my daughters had done that. It was a different world then!! I don''t think I ever properly apologised for my driving but Norwich to Dover in 2hrs 15 mins was a must, as history was waiting for us![/quote]

I dont even remember your driving. That was my first vere European away match and nothing else mattered apart from catching up with the coach which we did at Dover. I do vaguely remember you abandoned your car on a double yellow but got away with it, is that right?

I honestly can''t remember, I was in the zone! I had always promised myself to go to the first away game in Europe, and HAD to get there come hell or high water.

As a result I couldn''t afford the Bayern or Inter away games , but, as historic as they both were, I wouldn''t have missed it(but we nearly did!) for anything .

[quote user="EBarclay"]Didn''t McNally say in about March that there would be a new system this season? To make it fairer for people in other categories? I might be wrong but I''m sure I remember people suggesting a point system for away ticket allocation.[/quote]

That was March and 3 months later nothing has been published with the new season fast approaching and now at a time when many will be on holiday who could well miss out on any new system.

I tried to take mine in about 10 days ago. Was told that they are changing the system and this would be dealt with at the same time as sending in the Hull application. Doesn''t seem to be a problem to me so can''t see what the fuss is. If you are away for the next 6 weeks anyway, you won''t even be able to send in your Hull application, so wouldn''t matter if you could not register your stubs then anyway?! No?

[quote user="flecky76"]I tried to take mine in about 10 days ago. Was told that they are changing the system and this would be dealt with at the same time as sending in the Hull application. Doesn''t seem to be a problem to me so can''t see what the fuss is. If you are away for the next 6 weeks anyway, you won''t even be able to send in your Hull application, so wouldn''t matter if you could not register your stubs then anyway?! No?[/quote]

Glad that you think changing a system that has been running for several years that everybody understood will go smoothly without a hitch so close to the new season. Time will tell but I strongly suspect that there will be problems and insufficient time will be available to solve any issues and confusion that will arise.

The timing of this is very strange.  After all it''s not like the system is in desperate need of an overhaul right now - anyone who wants an away ticket can get one these days (Arsenal away last season excepted).  And some sort of communication on this issue would have been nice...

[quote user="Kathy "][quote user="crabbycanary"][quote user="TIL 1010"]

Looking back, I jumped into a car with a complete stranger in the early hours of the morning and headed off into the night. You could have been a rapist, an escaped convict, a serial killer, who knows. If my daughter did that I''d go ballistic! All for the love of Norwich City.

[/quote]But you still get into a car with Tilly so you can''t have been too worried [:D]

Very pleased to hear the club are looking to update the archaic and grossly skewed current system, but surely a level of historic data is required from the 2012/13 season before a new scheme can be implemented, or is it everyone starting from scratch for the start of 2013/14?

The system does seem very out dated, especially when all the club has to do is look on the computer for your purchase history  

[quote user="swindoncanary"]The system does seem very out dated, especially when all the club has to do is look on the computer for your purchase history  
[/quote]

If away tickets go to a ballot they have the names of everyone who is applying on the forms but if it is not then say if I went in and bought 6 tickets for me and my friends they only record them on my history and do not ask who the other 5 away fans are. Therefore if this happens on say 5/6 occasions during a season and I act as the purchaser non of my friends would have a purchase history. That surely works against them?

[quote user="......and Smith must score."][quote user="Kathy "][quote user="crabbycanary"][quote user="TIL 1010"]

[/quote]

But you still get into a car with Tilly so you can''t have been too worried [:D]
[/quote]

Not sure the old boy''s got any lead left in his pencil these days Smithy.

And back on track…..

Will be interesting to see how this works as regards carrying last season’s data over to this season as mentioned by Matt.

In the Caps Q&A in Autumn 2012 Chris Bailey admitted that when an away ticket application is made by post only the first named applicant is recorded as the buyer on the system and other customer numbers are not. Of course this might have changed for season 2012/13 but there was no indication by CB that this would be the case when answering the question.

So assuming the away season tickets are all P1, I wonder what will happen to all the others with the 10 stubs who would have registered as P2 but have not or will not now be allowed or required to.

My friend who attempted to register yesterday now tells me that he rang this morning to be told a new better system will be announced. He asked for a heads up on what it might be to be told by whoever he spoke to that they have no idea until the powers that be tell them !!! Sounds better already doesn''t it ?  Mind you i would not trust Chris Bailey as far as I could throw him when it comes to customer care so mark my words confusion will reign over this.

If NCFC don’t have the away ticket data for last season perhaps the only way to fairly deal those who might have been in the P2 group vs those who have attended fewer away games would be for a final registration of 5 or 10 ticket stubs before the start of the season.

Whatever is or isn’t being planned around away tickets, time is rapidly running out to implement a solution that is equitable for the majority of away supporters for the start of the season.

Our first away game is Hull on 24th August which I make 7 weeks away.

Now is the perfect time to overhaul the system - last season as has been pointed out we were over-subscribed for only one away game, Arsenal, due to them setting the price at a bargain £20.  Even for Old Trafford, everyone who applied at the start got a ticket. 

Yes they need to get on and announce the new system reasonably soon.  But as long as it''s in place a month or so before the first game, I don''t see a problem.

By the way, away season tickets are available now at £20.

In light of what Tim says above I am quite concerned about this since i am have been a 10 stubber for a number of years now but my friend tends to lodge the ticket applications on behalf of 4 of us. If what you say is true and their computer records only record him as the regular purchaser will I now find myself back at square one and fighting it out with 20,000 other season ticket holders for the opening few games of the season?

They either need to have all customer numbers logged from last season and use that as the basis for some form of new computerised points system or they need to do stubs again at the start of this season to make it fair and then gradually implement a new system.

Knowing the clubs now insatiable greed though i am sure what we will probably get is some kind of new away membership requirement where will will have to pay for the privilege of getting priority access to away tickets.

Having said that i''ve just looked at my purchase history on the official site and my purchase history appears to include all the away applications from last season and that i was Group 2.

[quote user="Tim Allman"]

In the Caps Q&A in Autumn 2012 Chris Bailey admitted that when an away ticket application is made by post only the first named applicant is recorded as the buyer on the system and other customer numbers are not. Of course this might have changed for season 2012/13 but there was no indication by CB that this would be the case when answering the question.

[/quote]I''d argue Chris Bailey is wrong here, if I go back through my purchase history as long as my customer number has been noted all the away games I''ve been to are on there, even if I wasn''t the "purchaser".  This isn''t a new thing either, it''s been that way for as long as I can remember.

Just to clear this up a little bit, what Tim was referring to was games that went straight to general sale.  All tickets applied for via the application process registers the ticket to the individual, but if a game went straight to general sale (like Southampton for example), if I bought 4 tickets they''d all be logged against my customer number.