Sign in to follow this  
jon francis

Kevin Cooper

Wolves have placed him on the transfer list. He was awesome for us, we need a right sided midfielder. Go on worthy go for him!

Totally agree Jon.

He is very left footed so always tends to cut inside if played on the right but as far quality on the ball is concerned there is absolutely no contest at all between him and that Swedish donkey Jonson! He is older than I would like (30 I think) but if the fee is reasonable then get him in.

We need QUALITY to get out of The Championship. Just running around like headless chickens (Holt, Jonson) will NOT be good enough. Unfortunately, far too many posters are ridiculing The Championship with comments like....''it''s rubbish quality'', ''all clubs are skint'' etc. OK it''s not Premier League quality but it was too good for us from 1995 to 2003!!

WAKE UP AND SMELL THE COFFEE BOYS!!! IF NOT YOU ARE IN FOR ONE HELL OF A SHOCK NEXT SEASON 

My gut reaction is lets go for him, he was good for us during the final run in of last season, and has scored 6 goals for Wolves this season from the flank, plus he seems one of those genuinely nice footballers that fans take a shine to...

My only question is how old is he, and should we be looking at a younger option on the right with more pace? I''m not certain of his age, and BBC Sport doesn''t deem the fizzy league important enough to include squad profiles....

[quote]Wolves have placed him on the transfer list. He was awesome for us, we need a right sided midfielder. Go on worthy go for him![/quote]

If he is not good enough for Wolves, he is not good enough for us in my opinion.  He did OK for us but he by no means "awesome"

[quote]If he is not good enough for Wolves, he is not good enough for us in my opinion. He did OK for us but he by no means "awesome"[/quote]

Can''t really go by that criteria though can you, Edworthy was a Wolves reject, yet he was great for us in our Championship season.

Sign him up I say.

Sorry, i disagree. I wasn''t all that impressed when he was here before. He''s been around the block, but that doesn''t mean we should be after him just because he has a bit of Championship experience. 

I''d rather see Worthy spend some cash on a lower league player who shows potential, than someone who''s just been released by Wolves. I feel he''d be a step backwards to what we''re trying to achieve.

No way! The guy was 30 two when we had him - we dont need anymore veterans! I would prefer to sign a younger player with more potential. He would only be of use to us for one or two seasons at the most and wee need better than that at this moment in time.

Not only that but he IS leftfooted. We played him on the right because thats where we ended up with the problem because McVeigh is right footed but didnt work so well on the right as he did on the left!

The only slightly tempting reason to get him would be squad depth but I am sure he doesnt want to join a club where he is only likely to be playing reserve football!

Aim higher!

[quote]Can''t really go by that criteria though can you, Edworthy was a Wolves reject, yet he was great for us in our Championship season. Sign him up I say.[/quote]

Wolves released Edworthy because they did not feel they needed him in the Premier League.  There is a big difference between not wanting Cooper in the Championship and not wanting Edworthy in the Premiership.

If Wolves do not feel he is the right sort of player they need to get them promoted this year, why should be any different for us.

I would be prepared to bet money that Worthy is not even in the slightest bit interested.

No thanks ,more miles on the clock than an 1/8th hand Allegro,the future lies in youth ,not in mediocre teams cast-offs.