Sign in to follow this  
ncfc2012

Leroy Fer decision by friday

Actually it makes a lot of sense for the fee not to have been agreed until after the medical.

Assuming we take the Everton medical failure at face value and not as a smokescreen, the reason that deal collapsed was because Everton wanted to negotiate a lower fee based on the medical. They still wanted him after the medical (according to the press), just at a lower price.

Assuming that story to be true, It makes sense for Twente to allow him to do terms/medical first as then it prevents us trying to move the goalposts on price based on the medical result (as happened in January allegedly). Medical done first means we negotiate a fee and that''s the price, no p*ssing around, no re-thinking our offer etc.

It makes sense for both parties too. Twente are obviously confident he''ll pass the medical, and they will get the best price for him. We are obviously benefitting from knowing we have a 100% healthy player, or we can knock a few mill off in the negotiations so we can''t lose.

Makes sense.

I expect the fee will be agreed by the weekend at the latest. Also explains why the price seems to have been reported at several different numbers, as obv we''d have discussed a ball park price-range with Twente so we''re on the same page.

It also explains the delay in unveiling, the more I think about it, the more I think this is the case.

With regards to it weakening our negotiating position - I dont think so. They know we''re keen cuz otherwise why bother? You don''t try and do deals for players you think are tosh. If Fer is keen then it makes sense for Twente to get the deal done so they can find his replacement, as if they don''t then Leroy might decide to force a move. Refuse to play for them, refuse to move anywhere else, which would substantially strengthen our position. I don''t think it''s in anyone''s interests to drag their heels on this one.

You are almost contradicting yourself, aren''t you?

You say that Everton may have tried to negotiate a better price, based on the medical (failed?) Yet you then say you don''t try and do deals for [layers that are tosh (for tosh - read medically dodgy!) 

What?

The point was that they know we are keen, otherwise we wouldn''t bother going for him. Which means them knowing we are keen because terms etc are sorted doesn''t weaken our bargaining position, because they already knew we were keen due to the fact we even bothered trying to sort a deal out.

Medical issues can be fixed, players being crap can''t. There is a chance the player may never get back to 100% if there are medical concerns, therefore they command a lesser fee as there is more risk in the purchase.

Teams are interested in good players with medical questions. They''re not interested in crap players that are fully healthy.

Everton were still keen after the medical, but they wanted the risk to be reflected in the price.

I literally dont understand what you are trying to say mate, but I hope the above answers whatever it was.

Why on earth would you risk millions of pounds on a player that has failed a medical? Would you do that with your millions?

Yes things can ''heal'' but there is always a heavy financial risk in taking a player like that. There are plenty of 100% fit, very good footballers out there.

Demba Ba failed a Stoke medical. He did pretty well when he arrived in the Prem. The reason you risk millions is you can get a high quality player at a very cheap price.

Do you know much about how football works? or anything?

Additionally to that. Football is a risky business. One bad tackle and your career can be ended. Freak occurences like Fabrice Muamba''s incident happen. There is a risk when you sign a 100% healthy player, it''s not like it''s impossible for them to pick up a serious injury. That''s why the price is lowered on players with medical questions. The discount you would get depends how serious the injury is.

This is really basic stuff.

Yes I do.

It works fundamentally on a risk/reward ratio.

Which is EXACTLY what Im describing yet you don''t seem to understand.

Like I said, why risk millions of pounds on a player, (whose medical reason could rear it''s ugly head after 2 minutes of his debut - not some freak accident/hidden complaint like Muamba) There are PLENTY of a lot LOWER risk , as good as Mr medically unfit out there.  

Like you said, basic stuff.

I think many of you are missing the point here - each and every club have to insure players, (and some players also insure themselves) against serious injury. That being said, if a player has already failed a medical, any insurance company will wish to know why that was, if the issue still existst, and what it could mean for the future in respect of that player. If a club is going to pay millions for that player, if the problem still persists, or is likely to reoccur, then premiums are going to be very high. It''s not just about negotiating with a player, his current club and agent - the signing club insurance company may not even consider the risk until they know the full circumstances and liability they could be facing. Fer failed a medical (allegedly) and this was reported in the media as such - anyone in their right mind will seriously investigate this until they are satisfied. Common sense really.

If they are as good as Mr Unfit, and have no medical risks then they would be more expensive to buy generally. Sure there are exceptions due to contracts etc, but he''s young and if he stays healthy and performs to a high standard then he will be sold for a massive profit in years to come.

If he crocks and does an Ashton, there is a little thing called INSURANCE which we will have on all our players which would recoup a large part of that cost.....If there is a medical history, the premiums will be higher. This can be paid using the discount from the initial sale price.

I cant believe Im actually having to explain this.

Why are there investors willing to risk hundreds of thousands/millions into startup businesses? Why are 90+% of those investors absolutely loaded?

Regardless of all of which, as far as we''re aware, he passed the medical anyway.

But it''s the LEVEL of risk that is the point. I know all about the Insurance side and Insurance companies don''t just insure everything. It is all calculated (risk as you say) just as the Dragon''s Den etc, investors, they don''t invest in everything. Their investment/insurance is ''loaded'' in their favour. It doesn''t work all the time, naturally.

There is a line in the sand, and for anyone with millions, to step over that, well, more fool them.

Kio wrote.....If there is a medical history, the premiums will be higher. This can be paid using the discount from the initial sale price.

And if the insurers don''t accept the risk because it is too great then he may not get signed at all - I would suggest delay at this conjecture is exactly why we are still waiting on this one.

Guys, you are arguing two sides of the same coin. The whole risk issue is why the medical gets done first. You are both right there. You just have different ideas on how best to use the info. One of you is saying reduce the risk by not signing the player. The other is saying reduce the risk by paying less for said player. That''s the only difference in what you guys are saying and there are compelling arguments for both sides.

Agreed FFF! It''s the different levels of risk, that is all

On this particular incident, I feel the ''Fellaini'' theory is more possible by the minute. Based on Fer''s appearances since.

I am sure KiO and myself would LOVE Fer to be unveiled as our next signing.

Looool.

Yes Indeed.

Speaking of lines in the sand, let''s draw one there. FFF put it very succinctly and comprehensively.

Let''s just agree to hope that this one gets done (which I think it will)

De transfer van Leroy Fer naar Norwich City staat op het punt afgerond te worden. De Premier League-club wil Fer vrijdag presenteren, meldt De Telegraaf.

FC Twente incasseert volgens de krant een bedrag van 5,5 miljoen euro. Dat is ongeveer gelijk aan de transfersom die de Tukkers twee jaar geleden aan Feyenoord betaalden. Het contract van Fer bij Norwich zal tot medio 2018 lopen.

Calm down.

The transfer of Leroy Fer to Norwich City is about to be completed. About The Premier League club wants to present Fer Friday, reports The Telegraph.

FC Twente, the newspaper collects an amount of 5.5 million euros. Which is approximately equal to the transfer that the Twente two years ago paid to Feyenoord. The contract of Fer in Norwich will run until mid-2018.

The longer this drags on the more nervous I become. He would be a great signing but this is all becoming a bit of a soap opera, lets hope it is a good outcome soon

Could it be the Club only wanting one press conference to save a bit of dosh, having dished out the free burgers to Fer and his representatives, because we have more than one quality signing?!!!!

There''s a poster on the thread about a Hooper sighting that is saying thatMcNally has said there won''t be any more signings this week. I believe he''s been proved to have a source at FCR before.

Hope he''s wrong, really want this one to happen but the longer it goes on the less confident I become.

I think its all sorted and we are waiting to announce several on monday.

There is rumours he failed his medical but it came from a 12 year old on twitter.