Sign in to follow this  
ncfc2012

Leroy Fer decision by friday

Funny, I just read an article from Dutch press saying agent had confirmed deal and fer will be unveiled by Friday....

http://totaldutch.wordpress.com/2013/07/10/fer-set-to-join-canaries/

Massive case of lost in translation, I reckon we''ve wrapped him up and put him under the tree for christmas (read: press conference)

So is he or isn''t he?? The foreign media seems as reliable as the British.

[quote user="kick it off"]Funny, I just read an article from Dutch press saying agent had confirmed deal and fer will be unveiled by Friday....

http://totaldutch.wordpress.com/2013/07/10/fer-set-to-join-canaries/

[/quote]

Interesting final sentence to the article:

One current Eredivisie player, not joining Fer at Norwich is PSV’s Swedish international striker Ola Toivonen, he has no interest in joining and is aiming his sights higher than a team that finished 11th in the Premier League last term.

I couldn''t say whether it is true or not, but if he has made himself a "wannaway" at PSV and is allowing these kind of comments to be attributed to him, he may find himself out on a limb - feeling he''s too good for whatever is out there, but without having a "back up" club to go to!

I know its unfair to make snap judgments, but Toivonen can squat on one to be honest. Think the question to be asked is if he is good enough for us, rather than if we are good enough for him.

hope he rots on the PSV bench next year.

appreciate my POV is as visceral as it gets so dont chastise me for being unreasonable because I''m under no illusions.

[quote user="ReadingCanary"]Knew we should have taken him to

Jamie''s Italian.
[/quote]

truly the best burger in town.

thats better :D

[quote user="SnoddysJockstrap"]I know its unfair to make snap judgments, but Toivonen can squat on one to be honest. Think the question to be asked is if he is good enough for us, rather than if we are good enough for him.

hope he rots on the PSV bench next year.

appreciate my POV is as visceral as it gets so dont chastise me for being unreasonable because I''m under no illusions.[/quote]

You can''t escape criticism just because you''re aware you''re doing something to be criticised, you know.

Oh, and the rest of your post is compostable toss as well :)

I think Fer will join before Friday! He will see our ambition at 23 he must crave first team football in a established premier league team! Hopefully he can share our ambition and go for Europe?!

Fc twente chairman says no bids from Norwich for player but he states player and Norwich should agree terms, medical first so probably the reason no announcement till tomorrow is because we have now got to agree fee with fc twente

[quote user="ncfc2012"]Fc twente chairman says no bids from Norwich for player but he states player and Norwich should agree terms, medical first so probably the reason no announcement till tomorrow is because we have now got to agree fee with fc twente[/quote]
Seems very back to front to me.

It doesn''t sit right woth me either crabby.....I mean all the clubs last night who singed player like Sunderland last night had players in for medicals and agreed terms and announced the signing later the same day, this just make me nervy.

Still I''m sure time will tell and come Friday when Nash & Olsson are rolled out we should know who else might be comming in!

I really don''t see what all the fuss is about, it seems very logical to me that city carried out a medical first before negotiating anything else with player and his club considering HE FAILED A MEDICAL in January and is the reason why Everton pulled the plug - best to find out if the. Problem/condition still exists - which can take time - before negotiating anything else!

Even though he failed a medical in Jan it would still be odd to do that first as he could pass that and then not agree terms making the medical pointless. Also the terms don''t have to be negotiated face to face so could of been done last week.
I think what is more likely is that we are waiting for the international clearance for him.

The fee must be there or abouts agreed in order for the club to have permission to speak with the player. It could just be final details such as added clauses and stuff holding things up.

I''m sure McNally wouldn''t have let Fer sit and dine in Yellows if he wasn''t confident things would go through.

Nothing to be nervy about, still a lot of the window yet. It''s about the squad for the first game, not who can sign who the quickest!

Not a break for intl clearance seeing as Holland is part of the EU

Seems to me as if the deal is pretty much completed - might be waiting for longer than expected due to a more stringent medical.

Or for all those in a panic, the media reports were simply correct and everything is going to be announced tomorrow.  Stop worrying!

The other theory about the ''failed medical'' in Jan, was that it would have gone through if Everton had sold Fellaini. Fellaini wasn''t sold, so they came up with a reason to save face for all.

[quote user="colneycanary"]I''ve heard that we''ve signed Fer on a 5 year deal[/quote]

I''ve heard the moon landings were faked. I can''t prove that either.

I like the Fellaini theory btw, failing a medical to save face. It does seem far fetched that he could fail a medical then go on to play the rest of the season and the U21''s tournament. Nothing wrong with him.

Fingers crossed McNally is working right now to finalise everything.

I don''t think it is actually that rare. I''ve heard of clubs being allowed to speak to a player without actually agreeing a fee, usually when they are confident an agreement will be reached. This would more than likely be a case of Norwich being unable to commit to a figure without seeing the result of a medical as he had very publicly failed one last season. If the medical comes up all fine we would be prepared to pay more than we would otherwise.

Wouldn''t that substantially weaken our negotiating position?

FC Twente would know that we''re keen, he''s keen, personal terms have been agreed and that all the fans now know about it. They''d be foolish not to ask a higher price.