Sign in to follow this  
ncfc2012

Leroy Fer decision by friday

I don''t like the sound of that. Sounds to me like he''s putting that out there hoping for another club to come in. Suddenly not so confident about this one.

Really? Are you sure that is right? If medical has been done today, then you can be sure that the personal terms would have already been sorted, so why Friday?

[quote user="crabbycanary"]Really? Are you sure that is right? If medical has been done today, then you can be sure that the personal terms would have already been sorted, so why Friday?[/quote]Gives them a last couple days window to try and get a bigger club interested, especially as they can now negotiate using the agreed personal terms with Norwich (off the record of course)

What an absolute load of old cobblers.If you were McNally, would you be parading Fer in Yellows, where you KNOW people are going to see him if the deal is not done?Of course it''s done!

Think the OP may be getting confused by the article on sky sports news, although i have not seen that deadline being brandished anywhere. If the guys having/had a medical then personal terms should already have been agreed

Resident Dutch speaker on Wrath has translated.It''s not as optimistic as the OP. Agent says it will take until AT LEAST Friday for a decision, he''s not promising a decision Friday.

I realise that Judderman, it is just that Fer has been ''out there'' in the football domain, for a long while. He has got to the stage of partaking in a medical. I find it hard to believe that a player would get to this stage, having been available since Jan, just to hang on one more day, just in case. Unlikely imo.

[quote user="ReadingCanary"]This is all coming from @football_oranje on twitterseems no more credible than any other "ITK" to me

[/quote]It''s a direct quote from Fer''s agent on Fox Sports

The likelyhood is that nothing was planned to be announced until Friday for both Fer and Olsson. However with Olsson having his photo taken by a fan, and I mean a clear as day photo, maybe the club were forced into announcing.

Expect a presser on Friday with Olsson, Fer and Nash unveiled properly is my guess.

interestingly, the football oranje guy still thinks all the evidence suggests it will go ahead. I assume the evidence means the fact he was in Norwich.Question is, was the food any good?

As we live and die by it;

Dutch Football ‏@football_oranje 3m

Fer''s agent may say deal could take until Friday, but all the evidence today suggests Fer to Norwich will go ahead!

Tbh it does rather sound like the agent is a bit of a prat, what with this and some of the other stuff said. I suppose now that he has passed the medical it shows he is fit enough, so someone might come sniffing about, but it is normally pretty nailed-on for a side to go through with the medical and surely others would have come in already.

I reckon if I were a betting man I''d still put my money on it happening.

[quote user="clarkey1972"]If he is stalling, f*ck him and move on I say[/quote]

Thankfully, you don''t have a say in the matter.

I think club are holding back on announcing this so can do it in a press conference with another 5 super signings, or is that just wishful thinking?

Yes it is wishful thinking, because it would have no benefit whatsoever except momentary excitement, which due to the short timespan such excitement enjoys, will be less valuable than 5 distinct unveilings.