Sign in to follow this  
ReadingCanary

Leroy Fer Possible Medical - BBC

Google Translate is pretty poor at the best of times.

The last paragraph says that Fer was due to report back to FC Twente after his extended holiday, but was not on the team bus going to Marienfeld (Germany) where his club has its training camp. It was initially assumed that Fer had been given longer holiday time, but it was eventually recognised that he had been given "more time off with a view to an imminent transfer". Sounds very interesting.

Silly season doesn''t usually get to me, but when "little old Norwich" are being linked with players I''ve wanted to see in the Prem for years you don''t half get excited !

It''s funny that his agent is saying there are plenty more offers yet we have heard nothing about them. Especially more so when our Club usually like to keep a tight lid on transfer business yet we are the one out in the open.

Really, really hoping this one goes through!

Fer and Alderweireld in Norwich with agents'' (and Dad, in Alderweireld''s case) having a look around the facilities, apparently.

Not the most reliable source, if truth be told. Nonetheless, it fits and, if true, we know McNally can sell the club to them.

Ambition! You wanted it and here it is.

McNally hasn''t been on twitter today, must mean he''s busy with something...

http://worldsoccertalk.com/2013/07/09/norwich-set-to-sign-fc-twente-midfielder-leroy-fer-for-7m-daily-soccer-report/

£7m quoted here

Hope so. Things are looking more promising than I expected, hopefully by the end of the week we will have some good news and a one or two new players confirmed..

I''m probably way out here but didn''t Fer fail a medical at Everton?

Or have bitter Villa fans got that wrong?

What does it matter what happened at Everton? We''ll run a medical and if he passes then all is good. Ba failed one at Stoke and he''s done well enough since.

The murmurs are that he didn''t fail the medical. Everton wanted to lower the price at last minute citing the knee injury Fer had been suffering from in Nov/Dec 2012. Twente didn''t want to sell for lower

....also, that the deal largely depended on the one with the big hair moving on, and he didn''t. I doubt there''s anything to worry about with the guy, if he passes the medical (if, indeed, he is going to sign).

I''m currently at Saxon air waiting to go offshore and a guy just came walking past that had just arrived on a private jet, I googled leroy fer because I''m not sure what he looks like and there was a canny resemblance, being stalked by 2 stunning blonde and an older guy maybe his dad or agent. I''m not saying its definitely him but just maybe

sounds legit. Bit of a delay though, didn''t that flight he was on set off from Amsterdam about 2 weeks ago?

Yup michael bailey''s tweets:

So, there are suggestions from Enschede that Leroy Fer is in Norwich for a medical, with a 5yr deal on the table. #ncfc #pinkun

Suggests a deal of 5-8m Euros, with ex-club Rotterdam getting some of that. Says Everton''s interest hasn''t been as strong as Jan. #ncfc

Worth adding the fact Martin Olsson was in Norwich having his medical yesterday, we understand. So could be an interesting few days. #ncfc

Just checked that flight to make sure someone wasn''t playing the usual bull5h1t trick and it''s actually for real! Fer is on his way over! Hopefully we bundled Toby and Ola onto the flight too!

[quote user="Canary Willo"]

I think this ''Unless other club comes in'' is because these reporters are just shocked we are competing for these players.

If you live outside Norfolk there is little chance you have any idea of our financial state, debt free, so most Journos/clubs are expecting us to aim our sights lower....

Its good fun watching some of them on Twitter writing about us while thinking Norwich?? WTF????

[/quote] I have family,who come from London,most support the ammers but one uncle and 2 cousins ,support spurs,and are surprised we didn''t attract bigger players before,because of support,and they love this area when they visit....Very jealous when we signed the wolf though....

[quote user="Jan van Chopsburg"]Tweet from FC Twente account:
To our English followers: currently in Norwich for a medical. [/quote]

That''s a fan site, although a surprisingly popular one. The bio says ''Twente Online is een fansite, niet de officiële clubsite'' - even without speaking Dutch I think I can work out what that means [;)]

Is that from their official Twitter account Mr. Chops?