Sign in to follow this  
ReadingCanary

Leroy Fer Possible Medical - BBC

Having had a gander around google, there are plenty of headlines saying Leroy Fer wants a move to Everton (around the middle of last month). Actually reading the articles, he is quoted as saying he would like to move to the "Premier League", and also said he thinks Everton are still interested. To me that is not actually the same as what the headlines are making out. I won''t say that means he wouldn''t choose Everton should they come in, but as far as I can tell he hasn''t actually said Everton are his first choice.Hoping for this one to go through, out of the names being mentioned right now I would be most excited by this transfer.

ABC. I believe his quotes were as below. In fairness these were before our interest and i acknowledge that he does not say "I would prefer to move to Everton over Norwich" but it makes it clear that he was (at the start of this summer) still open to a move to everton and indeed you could see his quotes as being a bit of a "come and get me" to Everton.

I accept Everton are not the club they once were but i think that its naive to think other than that in a straight shoot out between us and them we would lose out more times than most. They will almost certainly pay better wages, they are a top 7 or 8 club and for a player who has no connection to Norfolk (and probably very little knowledge of Norwich City) I would be amazed if they were not a bigger draw.

That''s not to say though that we should not be competing with them for players and if we come out on top it will just go to show how far we have come.

“I haven’t heard about anything but I think my manager did,” said Fer.

“I think Everton are still interested in me.

“I would like to go to the Premier League this summer, it’s a very nice competition – but my focus has been the European Championships, afterwards we will see."

Fer can now look to sorting out his future after Holland lost in the European Under-21 Championship semi-finals at the weekend to Italy.

The 23-year-old looked set to bolster Everton’s midfield in January but concerns over a persistent knee problem and Twente’s reluctance to accept the transfer fee based on instalments scuppered the deal.

In May, Fer told the Dutch media: “Everton has done nothing wrong.

“I understand the choices that are made.

“During the second half of the season, they have always kept in touch with my agent. I’m still always open for a transfer to Everton.”

If the rumour is true, and I have no doubt, we can take some pleasure from the fact that he will be in Norwich on Tuesday, even if he fits in a trip to Everton before or after.

He is interested to enough to respond to our advances, and perhaps even some suggestion on wages. Taking the trouble, and putting us to the trouble, suggests that he is taking our bid seriously. We may have to make a sales pitch, which we seemingly do well. Could we introduce him to RvW, of whom he must be aware?

It''s encouraging, but we must say, "so far so good", because others could enter the fray, it could even be that he has already sketched in other visits apart Everton.

Sky sports understands everton are ready to step up there interest in Victor wanyama hopefully will mean they don''t want fer anymore

would rather have wanyamahe is going to develop in to something special and probably go for big big money in the next 5 years

Why would you rather have Wanyama? As far as I can see there''s not much of a difference between them in terms of ability but Fer edges it for me for having two good feet and being slightly more offensive minded.

The majority on here don''t want to pay more then 5 mill for Hooper so I can''t see people wanting us to pay 12 mill for a player in the Scottish league

I do agree though could be a very good player in years to come but if we get fer for the right price I think we could easily get double if not triple What we paid for him if and when it comes to selling him

[quote user="Joanna Grey"]Why would you rather have Wanyama? As far as I can see there''s not much of a difference between them in terms of ability but Fer edges it for me for having two good feet and being slightly more offensive minded.[/quote]

think it will take less time to adjust to the premier league having played up norththe only drawback is him being nigerian and losing him for african nations etc

[quote user="iron_stan"][quote user="Joanna Grey"]Why would you rather have Wanyama? As far as I can see there''s not much of a difference between them in terms of ability but Fer edges it for me for having two good feet and being slightly more offensive minded.[/quote]

think it will take less time to adjust to the premier league having played up norththe only drawback is him being nigerian and losing him for african nations etc[/quote]who are you talking about? Leroy Fer is Dutch and Wanyama is Kenyan.

Kenya haven''t qualified for the ANC finals since 2004 so probably no problem there.

Have a friend on a gaming forum who lives in Holland and Supports Feyenoord. Left me PM this morning saying simply '' I see Fer is heading to Norwich, should do well in England''

Whether they have more news their end I don''t know. Sent him reply but no response yet :(

[quote user="SYG"]What snippets are these Morty?[/quote]Nothing concrete, just someone I know, who isn''t a bull$hitter thinks its gathering pace.

Looks like this is almost a done deal then.Lots of Journos saying it''ll be completed in the next few days, while FC Twente Forums seems committed to the fact he''s gone.MASSIVE signing this one.

Liverpool Echo journo:

@Tony_Scott11: Norwich City looking to sort a deal out in the next few days for former #Everton target Leroy Fer.

What is Fer like technically, does anyone know? Hope he''s a good passer!

[quote user="Excited Canary"]Liverpool Echo journo:

@Tony_Scott11: Norwich City looking to sort a deal out in the next few days for former #Everton target Leroy Fer.

What is Fer like technically, does anyone know? Hope he''s a good passer![/quote]23 year old, 6 foot 2 midfielder, been capped at Dutch under 21 level. Physically strong, been compared to Patrick Viera.

Never been this excited to sign a player, this guy will take us up another level, comparisons with Vieira are about right, box to box player with the energy and *correct* aggression to go with it, please say it''s true!

I think we are close to signing a few players no point going to Austria with half a squad same goes for the American tour.

[quote user="Ches right hand man "]Box to box midfielder isn''t he?[/quote]Scored 5 goals last season and 8 the season before, so I would say he''s an attacking midfielder[Y]

See what you mean with the running thing, very peculiar! Looks like he''s about to stack it

Bill Punton had very similar "upper body forward" style, for those not old enough to remember - made it very difficult for defendersvtonget close enough to tackle him!

"Scored 5 goals last season and 8 the season before, so I would say he''s an attacking midfielderYes [Y]"

Ha ha, Morty. His shooting must be a touch more accurate than Bradley''s.