Sign in to follow this  
ReadingCanary

Leroy Fer Possible Medical - BBC

Richard Askam of the BBC tweeted"Hear that Norwich target Leroy Fer is on hols until next week.Explains

lack of movement but also possibly keeps door open for others"the other dayand today has just tweeted"Unconfirmed but hear he''s due to have medical on Tues unless another club comes in"  https://twitter.com/richaskamUnlike tabloid journos, the BBC guys do seem to only tweet when they have credible information.At the very least we are certainly making progress with Fer

Encouraging but don''t like all this "unless another club comes in" at the end of every bit of gossip leaked about this transfer. I guess it''s to be expected now we are targeting bigger name players but you have to question the motive of whoever is feedi g this journo these titbits. Sounds to me like his agent may still be hoping to spur Everton into action so fingers crossed with this one but sense we still have plenty to do to get it over the line.

Somebody told me that he has previously failed a medical at everton, anyone know anything about this?

I think this ''Unless other club comes in'' is because these reporters are just shocked we are competing for these players.

If you live outside Norfolk there is little chance you have any idea of our financial state, debt free, so most Journos/clubs are expecting us to aim our sights lower....

Its good fun watching some of them on Twitter writing about us while thinking Norwich?? WTF????

I think I remember reading that he had a medical at Everton in January ahead of a proposed move, didn''t think he failed it though. Thought it said he was being brought in as a replacement for Fellaini but Everton backed out when a potential transfer for Fellaini fell through.

Probably got that wrong though.

[quote user="morty"]Somebody told me that he has previously failed a medical at everton, anyone know anything about this?[/quote][url]http://lmgtfy.com/?q=leroy+fer+failed+medical[/url]

[quote user="morty"]Somebody told me that he has previously failed a medical at everton, anyone know anything about this?[/quote]From what i remember it was that he had a dodgy knee and basically Everton wanted to drop the add-ons and future fees depending on appreaences and injury prone-ness....i think..

He had a knee injury Autumn 2012 but went on to play nearly 30 games over the rest of the 12/13 season. Some suggest that the problem may have been something else entirely...

I heard the "failed medical" was a smokescreen as Everton didn''t end up selling Fellaini like they planned to!

[quote user="Joanna Grey"]He had a knee injury Autumn 2012 but went on to play nearly 30 games over the rest of the 12/13 season. Some suggest that the problem may have been something else entirely...[/quote]David Moyes spending money. Probably made him got a little crazy and make up some injury just avoid departing with the cash !

[quote user="Jim Smith"]Encouraging but don''t like all this "unless another club comes in" at the end of every bit of gossip leaked about this transfer. I guess it''s to be expected now we are targeting bigger name players but you have to question the motive of whoever is feedi g this journo these titbits. Sounds to me like his agent may still be hoping to spur Everton into action so fingers crossed with this one but sense we still have plenty to do to get it over the line.[/quote]

Everton this and that! Why do people think they are such a big and desirable club? Maybe they were once - so were Notts Forest, as were Leeds (not necessarily the desirable bit!) and the list goes on.

One has to wonder why such a big club snapped up a manager who has been flirting with relegation year on year. Could it be that they needed a manager who has (relatively) successfully kept a club in the PL on a limited budget?

Weren''t we the victim of "shenanigans" between Coventry and Everton in 1985? See that Coventry now looking for somewhere to play - maybe the "big" club of Everton will soon be joining them! (Not that I hold grudges for very long!) Maybe prospective signings also sense the inevitability of Everton''s demise. Now, I feel Soooooo much better for that [:D]

ABC - I''m glad that there is another city fan who will never forget Everton''s part in our relegation. I have hated them ever since and always will.

I will have such a party if they ever get relegated!

Ah yes! How I remember that fateful day Cov v Toffs.

I was listening to the radiooo whilst decorating a bedroom. Immediate previous results by Coventry made me fear that game. It was a good job I was not on a ladder and anywhere near the light fixing as the final whistle was blown.

I have no wish fellow supporters of their teams to suffer like the Coventry lot must be doing now and to a lesser extent Everton. Oh hang on! Yes I do. Yes I really really do!! :-)

[quote user=" Badger"]ABC - I''m glad that there is another city fan who will never forget Everton''s part in our relegation. I have hated them ever since and always will.

I will have such a party if they ever get relegated![/quote]

I will be joining you in that - been a long wait, but the day will come!!

[quote user="Bury Yellow"]Ah yes! How I remember that fateful day Cov v Toffs.

I was listening to the radiooo whilst decorating a bedroom. Immediate previous results by Coventry made me fear that game. It was a good job I was not on a ladder and anywhere near the light fixing as the final whistle was blown.

I have no wish fellow supporters of their teams to suffer like the Coventry lot must be doing now and to a lesser extent Everton. Oh hang on! Yes I do. Yes I really really do!! :-)[/quote]

I was there in the Everton seats as my old man thought it a good idea to see us stay up. What could go wrong? Everton had just won the league...on the fucking beach was what went wrong!

It will be an anxious and long wait for McNally and Hughton if that tweet is true!

Holding on until Tuesday and praying that Everton don''t renew their interest!

Lets hope it is true and due to Everton losing interest before due to his injury it might keep us in pole position, what a coup he would be another hungry young international, if we could persuade Toivonen too it would start getting exciting

It would be tricky for Everton as they would either have to admit they put up a smoke screen during Jan or would have to reassure fans that Fer has recovered.

You would also have ask if Fer held any bad blood against them if it had been a lie.

[quote user="pablofarmer"]It would be tricky for Everton as they would either have to admit they put up a smoke screen during Jan or would have to reassure fans that Fer has recovered. You would also have ask if Fer held any bad blood against them if it had been a lie.[/quote]

Good point Pablo [Y]

Since he recently and said he hopes Everton renew their interest I would say he doesn''t hold any grudges. I would also say that if they do renew their interest seriously then they will be favourites to sign him. Lets hope Martinez is after different targets to Moyes.

Unless of course they sell Fellani for £24M. On the positive side, this looks unlikley before Tuesday at the current rate of progress.

I can''t see anyone paying that sort of money for Fellaini. He done well at Everton in a what i believe was a limited attacking side. If Jelavic wasn''t scoring, Fellaini was their only other man with a left winger and left back popping a few in too.... Therefore he hit headlines more often than not (exception given for performance against UTD) when perhaps he wasn''t all the hype of a true champions league player (top 4 side).

[quote user="Jim Smith"]Since he recently and said he hopes Everton renew their interest could you point us in the direction of this quote? I would say he doesn''t hold any grudges. I would also say that if they do renew their interest seriously then they will be favourites to sign him. On what basis do you make that assumption? Lets hope Martinez is after different targets to Moyes.[/quote]

Page 1 of this post has an explanation as to why I don''t rate Everton for this.