Sign in to follow this  
Juggy

Dario Dumic

Some of you may remember that we had this kid in our youth team, was really highly rated but Lambert shipped him out in the first January after he arrived. Played one game for us in the Paint trophy or whatever it was called.
Now a regularly for Danish giants Brondby! They aren''t as good as they were when they had Agger, Elmander, and Kahlenberg in the team, but they are one of the two biggest clubs in Denmark... famously former club of Michael Laudrup and Peter Schmeichel. 
At only 20 years old he suddenly looks like a Lambert signing, wonder whether we will be hearing more about him in the future... 

Always thought he had great potential and was more than a little annoyed when he was released. I do believe we have a sell on clause though....

I think you''ve answered your own question there.

They aren''t as good when they had such and such who really haven''t set the world alight (elmander and agger)

So if he ain''t as good as them he ain''t gonna be a player to lose sleep over.

Finished 9th out of 12 last season. I think if Dumic gets a move to a ''better'' club then i''ll keep an eye on him. But at the moment he''s playing at a level and for a club that isn''t that high...

[quote user="The Walking Man "]Finished 9th out of 12 last season. I think if Dumic gets a move to a ''better'' club then i''ll keep an eye on him. But at the moment he''s playing at a level and for a club that isn''t that high...[/quote]
Brondby had a financial crisis last year and are rebuilding with youth. To be playing regularly of a team of that stature and their record of developing young talent is something big, remember he is only 20, a player who we brought through at that time is now in league one at 22 (Korey Smith), so I can''t help but think this is going to be one that we''ve missed. 

[quote user="alartz"]I think you''ve answered your own question there.

They aren''t as good when they had such and such who really haven''t set the world alight (elmander and agger)

So if he ain''t as good as them he ain''t gonna be a player to lose sleep over.[/quote]
Dumic is playing alongside the exact same centre back that mentored Agger. Agger left Brondby at 21 to go to Liverpool after having played just 34 games. Dumic is playing alongside the same man (the team captain) and has already played more than Agger at 20. I think he will mature into an excellent player, can remember he was supposed to have been a huge loss to us at the time actually. 

[quote user="MisterCarrow"]The young lad was homesick.....wanted to go home.[/quote]
Actually just read an interview where he said he felt he wasn''t developing at Norwich! We did sign him as a centre midfielder and released him as a centre back though, so perhaps if he ends up making it as a top centre back he will look back at his time a little differently....