Sign in to follow this  
CDMullins

Fer Confirmed

Ferkin'' excellent. Anyone fancy an Otis Reading type Fa Fa Fa Fa Fa happy song?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-zqgfwvGLak

[quote user="Wiz"]

[quote user="Twitchy"]Got to say I''m blown away by the Fer and Ricky signings, hats off to all behind it, only thing doing my nut in is the fact SSN keep harping on about the apparent failed medical at EFC, as if we just said Leroy can you just bend over a mo and cough FFS.[/quote]

They''ll try anything to rubbish our efforts Twitchy

[/quote]True enough Wiz, since promotion to the EPL they and others have been very dismissive about results/comings and goings etc........................shame on them.

Fer may have failed a medical at Everton, he then went back and played pretty much every single game for his club.

He''s fit, grab a bargain signing and get the best out of the lad!

Great box to box middlefielder with both physcality and pace was something we lacked.

Great signing for both immediate need and future. Hopefuly he will stay fit and keep developing.

Just to satisfy my curiosity, how many of you are judging Fer purely from youtube videos and computer games?

All of us, anyone who days otherwhise is a liar. He is great on fifa! He helped me win the league!

I strongly recommend following Richard Askam of the BBC on twitter.He called this deal from the very beginning and some how knew the date of the medical nearly 2 weeks before it occurred.He also knew he would sign today.He sure as hell knew more than Nursey did and he''s often quoted on here!Great signing. Shows great ambition.

Have people seen LF tweet?

Leroy Fer ‏@LeroyFer8 2h

So proud to be a Canary! The fans are already amazing!!! Looking forward to the 1st training and the PL-games! Feeling blessed. #ThankGod

How about that?!

[quote user="Stig"]All of us, anyone who days otherwhise is a liar. He is great on fifa! He helped me win the league![/quote]

Pff I probably have seen every youth national team game in U21 from him that has been broadcasted.

Few of his euro league games and quite many Eredivisie games both in Feynoord and PSV ^^

Probably thats why I''m not hyped as most of here as I know his limitations.

Anyway were you youtube watcher or jsomeone who has followed him, everyone can see his strenghts and if he developes areas like positioning and long passing he can become anything,

[quote user="Lavanche"][quote user="Stig"]All of us, anyone who days otherwhise is a liar. He is great on fifa! He helped me win the league![/quote]

Pff I probably have seen every youth national team game in U21 from him that has been broadcasted.

Few of his euro league games and quite many Eredivisie games both in Feynoord and PSV ^^

Probably thats why I''m not hyped as most of here as I know his limitations.

Anyway were you youtube watcher or jsomeone who has followed him, everyone can see his strenghts and if he developes areas like positioning and long passing he can become anything,[/quote]So do you reckon we might have signed a dud here Lavanche?

Wow - we now have 2 of the most promising yiug Dutch players on our books. We do seem to be picking up our players for decent fees. He seems to have cost about the same as Shelvey!!

Without putting too much of a dampener does anyone reckon Fer & RVW will have buy out clauses and if so, how much? £15M?

[quote user="Lavanche"]Sorry I''m not familiar with term "dud"?[/quote]As in,
  1. A thing that fails to work properly or is otherwise unsatisfactory or worthless.
  2. An ineffectual person.

I''m judging him on reputation and making it into the Dutch national squad - and that''s a tough squad to break into. YouTube tends to show players good and bad sides

No definently not.

I think he will be great for us, but I dont expect miracles from him at his first season, but even said that he probably will be better than anything else we have to throw for our middlefield.

What is best about him that even if he doesnt succeed for what Hughton tries him first, he is very versatile player and can be tried in different role. Not to mention he still is young that he can grow in almost every role.

I just feel most of people are at the moment overhyping everything linked for us and dont want anyone to get disapointed and start bashing player a he wasnt on the level he was rised before the signing ^^

As said already he is good player and I think he will fit our gameplan quite well, but as a player he isn''t M''Vila, Verratti, Kondogbia or not even Van Ginkel at least yet, so I dont expect immediate success and glory for him when he have to face faster game tempo and physicality of premier league. So we need to give him time to adapt and grow as a player.

Ofc I''m happy if I''m wrong and he makes more interceptions than anyone else in league and scores for fun from middlefield at his first season here.