Sign in to follow this  
ReadingCanary

Russell Martin

Sign of him being the new captain I wonder then? Good news, though.

Brilliant news. Would make a fantastic captain if Hoots thinks he well get enough games. He is an intelligent player of good character with an impressive media image.

[quote user="Bury Yellow"]Brilliant news. Would make a fantastic captain if Hoots thinks he well get enough games. He is an intelligent player of good character with an impressive media image.[/quote]That''s the crucial question though. Hughton doesn''t seem to agree with Russ'' choice of CB as his best position, and there''s competition at right back.

Glad to hear, been an absolute stalwart for us over the past few years.

Definitely club captain material, and a big man in the dressing room to fill the void of Holt no doubt!

Excellent news - best right back at the club and a natural leader - club captain now for me :-)

Delighted. Huge Martin fan; has been a true professional since he joined. Great news

excellent news, as there was a thought that following Holt''s departure it might be the start of a clearing out of what remains of the ''old guard''from being first choice to ''one in the mix'' it did appear as if his star was waning a bit, but a three year contract does suggest he is here to stay for the near future a model professional, and a player who has given his all as well as given us some cracking goals ,and shown that football is not all about big time charlies - it is also about decent blokes like this

My favourite player and a model professional.

Last year when Holty was agitating I remember Russ coming into the media and steadying the ship. He''s just done it again.

On the field he is the one I want to see talking to the ref he has a cool head and a strong demeanour. No doubt for me he must be club captain if not team captain. Ideally both.

Notice how he has made his mark through hard work and application, like Andy Murray he has used all the gym sciences to improve himself. He must be incredibly low maintenance for CH who, if he wants his voice taken onto the pitch would surely make Russ Captain.

If he has lost his right back spot he''s taken centre half. In either case, once in he is impossible to shift.

This has cheered me up no end.