Sign in to follow this  
Mason 47

Edu Alarte

Not exactly what you would call the news of the century- or even the day- but we''ve signed a 20-year-old Spaniard from Betis B to our reserves.

He comes into the squad on a whopping #51 judging by the picture of himself at training on twitter.

Hooray! Transfer news!

1 assist in 9 games for Betis B. Definitely one for the future. What does this say for Butterfield now, who has not only Hoolahan and Howson in front of him, but also some very promising looking signings, and now a younger model waiting in the wings behind him...

I''ve gotta say though, obviously never heard of this guy so will have to wait and see. 20 isn''t exactly young for a future prospect though...

Using Twitter as an exact science (as is the true and clear purpose of the site, naturally) I would say so, given that he''s told everyone he''s in Austria at the training camp and both Ruddy and El Bennett follow him.

Hooray! Somewhat unreliable transfer news!

[quote user="Vazzza"]1 assist in 9 games for Betis B. Definitely one for the future. What does this say for Butterfield now, who has not only Hoolahan and Howson in front of him, but also some very promising looking signings, and now a younger model waiting in the wings behind him...I''ve gotta say though, obviously never heard of this guy so will have to wait and see. 20 isn''t exactly young for a future prospect though...[/quote]In Spain they hold onto their players till earlier 20''s to develop there skills.

What is interesting about this for me is what it implies about our scouting network (if anything).

Will he be classed as being signed for the academy? Is this a direct result of academy 1 status or nothing to do with it?

OT but I also thought Simeon Jacksons move to Germany was odd. Cant think he''s been scouted so must be agent or contacts?

If he signs, he''d be eligible for the first team without taking one of the 25 places (like Redmond). Would think he''s play for the development squad mostly though. Another triallist, Bertrand Alang, scored twice against Fakenham today.

He played at Fakenham today, played quite deep, looked tidy on the ball as you''d expect for a spaniard. Looked promising from a brief sighting against a minimal opposition.

[quote user="SheringhamCanary"]He played at Fakenham today, played quite deep, looked tidy on the ball as you''d expect for a spaniard. Looked promising from a brief sighting against a minimal opposition.[/quote]Centre Mid?As someone above said 20 isnt really a ''youngster'' these days, although Spaniards do mature and develope later

Anyone see anything of the other players we had on trial, the Bertrand guy for instance?

seems a very odd one given our level. I could understand a 17/18 year old, but at 20, you''re looking at someone who can get straight in ths squad like Redmond.

"Wings of a Sparrow"Is that a training top or did I miss some news about the away shirt?

Kit looks smart either way.

I think it''s the goalkeeper''s top.