Sign in to follow this  
KCASN

Hooper moving closer...

[quote user="Mr Brownstone"]I know it goes against popular opinion, but I''d rather have Hooper than Quagliarella...[/quote]Me too.I''ve wanted Gary Hooper ever since we were first linked to him.It''s FERking brilliant being a Norwich supporter atm!

[quote user="Wiz"][quote user="Jan van Chopsburg"][quote user="Wiz"]

[quote user="splutcho"]I''m waiting Wiz.[/quote]

You''ll have a long wait then mate, I never dance to someone elses tune!.......never!

[/quote]Actually, I''ve noticed you tend to dance over to Pete and make the "delete this thread" secret signal.Let''s see it in action!Wiz wrote the following post at Sun, Aug 19 2012 11:01 AM:[quote user="Wiz"]Hughton is a coward! Effectivly telling OUR players they''re not good enough! These are the actions and words of a coward, and we need a brave strong leader with a backbone...........and gagging the players will work wonders for their morale..........and there goes the dressing room.MacNally needs to dump the 3 stooges quicker than a hot brick or face yet more, and even worse, humiliation[/quote][/quote]

I put my hand up for that and I apologised later because I very wrong.

But of course you already knew this! [:|]

[/quote]Oh, so you were.Wiz wrote the following post at Sun, Oct 21 2012 11:07 AM:[quote user="Wiz"]I was wrong on Hughton, hands up, totally wrong, he was magnificent yesterday and dominated Wenger all through the 90 minutes. His team selection was bold and cunning, the players also responded well to his demands.Now on to Villa, the real acid test for me, I somehow feel he might just pass it.I won''t however apologise for passing an opinion, they were just that, an opinion, based on the relevant results at that time..........although I do apologise to Mr Hughton and indeed, this message board for the manner in which I delivered them.[/quote]

And then, predictable as the mid-morning dump...Wiz wrote the following post at Sun, Feb 10 2013 11:02 AM:[quote user="Wiz"]His departure is long overdue imo, Calderwood and Trollope are both proven failures! Puketon has taken a free scoring side and destroyed it in 6 months, and our defence still leaks goals.............get rid now. [/quote]

[quote user="Jan van Chopsburg"][quote user="Wiz"][quote user="Jan van Chopsburg"][quote user="Wiz"]

[quote user="splutcho"]I''m waiting Wiz.[/quote]

You''ll have a long wait then mate, I never dance to someone elses tune!.......never!

[/quote]

Actually, I''ve noticed you tend to dance over to Pete and make the "delete this thread" secret signal.

Let''s see it in action!

Wiz wrote the following post at Sun, Aug 19 2012 11:01 AM:
[quote user="Wiz"]Hughton is a coward! Effectivly telling OUR players they''re not good enough! These are the actions and words of a coward, and we need a brave strong leader with a backbone...........and gagging the players will work wonders for their morale..........and there goes the dressing room.
MacNally needs to dump the 3 stooges quicker than a hot brick or face yet more, and even worse, humiliation[/quote]

[/quote]

I put my hand up for that and I apologised later because I very wrong.

But of course you already knew this! [:|]

[/quote]

Oh, so you were.

Wiz wrote the following post at Sun, Oct 21 2012 11:07 AM:
[quote user="Wiz"]I was wrong on Hughton, hands up, totally wrong, he was magnificent yesterday and dominated Wenger all through the 90 minutes. His team selection was bold and cunning, the players also responded well to his demands.
Now on to Villa, the real acid test for me, I somehow feel he might just pass it.
I won''t however apologise for passing an opinion, they were just that, an opinion, based on the relevant results at that time..........although I do apologise to Mr Hughton and indeed, this message board for the manner in which I delivered them.[/quote]

And then, predictable as the mid-morning dump...

Wiz wrote the following post at Sun, Feb 10 2013 11:02 AM:
[quote user="Wiz"]His departure is long overdue imo, Calderwood and Trollope are both proven failures!

Puketon has taken a free scoring side and destroyed it in 6 months, and our defence still leaks goals.............get rid now. [/quote]

[/quote]

The only person who gets posts removed chops is you, all by yourself...........you keep taking threads off subject and turning them into personal vendettars!

Still, it saves us a job.[:D]

According to celtic news now

http://www.celticnewsnow.com/news/gary-hooper-set-to-sign-for-qpr/77409?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=TwitterFeed

Would be odd, certainly not the ''challenge'' that you''d expect a ''top'' striker to go for. Perhaps we have actually moved on and are more interested elsewhere - do we have anything cast iron that we have really renewed our interest from Jan? We have been rumoured to be bidding far more for the c/b from Ajax and the Juve guy, so could probably try harder to get Hooper if we really wanted.

Do we still want Hooper? Every other striking name linked with us this Summer has been somebody overseas who, on the face of it, appears to be better value for money and/or international strikers.

I have to question how serious our interest has been in Hooper this Summer. If we could have got him on the cheap then great but if not I think Hughton and the board realize there is better value elsewhere.

[quote user="Branston Pickle"]Would be odd, certainly not the ''challenge'' that you''d expect a ''top'' striker to go for. Perhaps we have actually moved on and are more interested elsewhere - do we have anything cast iron that we have really renewed our interest from Jan? We have been rumoured to be bidding far more for the c/b from Ajax and the Juve guy, so could probably try harder to get Hooper if we really wanted.[/quote]

No, Branston. there never has been anything definite since January to suggest we still wanted Hooper. Whereas, with some of our other targets, such as Olsson, Toivonen, and Redmond, and RVW earlier on, there was.

[quote user="E.L.F."]According to celtic news now

http://www.celticnewsnow.com/news/gary-hooper-set-to-sign-for-qpr/77409?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=TwitterFeed[/quote]But that''s just them repeating the Daily Mail story rather than actual new information to suggest it''s happening.Frankly I think it would be laughable if he chose QPR over us (assuming we are still in for him), and if he does then it really is a sign that we''d have dodged a bullet, but I personally still think that if we want him - he''s ours...

[quote user="Indy_Bones"][quote user="E.L.F."]According to celtic news now http://www.celticnewsnow.com/news/gary-hooper-set-to-sign-for-qpr/77409?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=TwitterFeed[/quote]
But that''s just them repeating the Daily Mail story rather than actual new information to suggest it''s happening.

Frankly I think it would be laughable if he chose QPR over us (assuming we are still in for him), and if he does then it really is a sign that we''d have dodged a bullet, but I personally still think that if we want him - he''s ours...
[/quote]

Totally agree Indy.