Sign in to follow this  
Worsencroft

Yellows lunches & foreign media

Does anyone else fee that all these rumours in foreign papers along with pictures of Fer in Yellows are too much of a coincidence?

I get the feeling that we are actively encouraging such coverage to highlight our ambition in an attempt to help attract players to the club - who may have been scepitcal about whether we are a "big" enough club.

I believe it''s only going to take one to sign on the dotted line then the others will be like dominoes!

OTBC

I think Edward Snowden is involved in all of this somehow.  There are just too many unanswered questions for it to make any other sense.  My theory is Norwich City FC are now part of the military-industrial complex.

I believe it''s a marketing ploy to get more business in Yellows. McNally has looked at their books and decided that business needs to improve.

Well obviously the point I''m trying make isn''t clear...

For McNally and Hughton it must be incredibly difficult simply to state to a player "we are ambitious" without showing some form of action.

Thus, much like RvW when he was told we would sign attacking players, we are trying show that we are a club that is going places.

In the past we have usually kept our cards close to our chest but now we are showing our hand simply because its so good!

Put yourself if Fer''s shoes, would you be more or less inclined to sign for Norwich if you knew they were in the running for Alderweireld and Quagliarella?

I think you might have something there, big names won''t come to us, unless there''s a chance of winning a cup (YES, WINING A CUP) or at least finishing higher in the league, so linking us with better players could well help us improve what we''ve got,    but i''ve been watching city since 1972 & seen most things in football, so i''ll just wait & see what happens. good point though!

Bet McNally really forces home the fact we beat United / City / Spurs / Arsenal as well.Any player who doesn''t know much about us is gonna certainly want to know more when they discover we beat such teams in one season.

Mmm, I guess the serious talent will only sign for NCFC when they have access to an American-style diner?

Seriously, it''s a win-win all round; promote the club, develop restaurant sales, raise our international profile...it all inter-links in a very positive way. S''good here innit?

FFS I don''t care about the canteen!!!

My point is... McNally wouldn''t have taken Fer out to Yellows or anywhere in public (and then retweeted the Yellows link) if he didn''t want people to see he was here. It''s used to make those ignorant people outside of Norfolk understand we mean business - yes I''m looking at you Ola Toivonen.

Big names only help attract bigger names and hence I believe we could be in for a fantastic few weeks before the season starts.

[quote user="Worsencroft"]FFS I don''t care about the canteen!!!

My point is... McNally wouldn''t have taken Fer out to Yellows or anywhere in public (and then retweeted the Yellows link) if he didn''t want people to see he was here. It''s used to make those ignorant people outside of Norfolk understand we mean business - yes I''m looking at you Ola Toivonen.

Big names only help attract bigger names and hence I believe we could be in for a fantastic few weeks before the season starts.[/quote]Tend to agree, but any statement of intent only holds up once a contract is signed - as is now the case with Fer.  I suspect if Fer hadn''t signed then pictures of him in Yellows would be worth less than a black youth''s life in Florida.