Sign in to follow this  
FramCanary

Daily Mail; QPR to sign Hooper!

As much as I would''ve loved to of seen him in a Norwich shirt and I have argued he''d make a good contribution to our team. However this just makes me more excited knowing that McNally and Hughton will be targeting someone even better. I wonder what other names we''ll be linked with next week!

Fine by me, if he thinks that Champs is his level then we may have done well to avoid. I''m with you, fellow, there''s plenty of decent options out there for us to go for.

[quote user="Cantiaci Canary"]Roll up Quagliarella and N''Doye then!

Hooper''s a fool to leave Celtic for QPR if it''s true.[/quote]

Same as Cantiaci said but believe it''s just paper talk again. Any aspiring striker would be better suited to ordinary wins in the SPL along with a little run in the Champions League over a fight to get into the EPL....unless baited on the wage lure

Lol and how mant times has the Mail broken stories about who us joining us, we would have a huge squad if they had been right

Looky at it from hoopers point of view

It seems he wants to play back in england. It seems there is only qpr and us in for him. He goes to qpr he plays every week.

How much game time will he get here?

Its a similar situation with russy and chelsea. Why wold he leave celtic to warm our bench.

There''s absolutely nothing to indicate that we''re only going to play 1 up top every week next season.

Would really like to see him here for £5m, proven goalscorer at every level he''s played at and is hungry to prove himself and get into the England setup. Just the sort of player we need in my opinion. Signing 30 year old Italian''s on big money who are at the other end of the career doesn''t sit quite right with how we''ve rebuilt the club to me. As it''s the Daily Fail I''ll hope this is just BS.

[quote user="Mr Brownstone"]

There''s absolutely nothing to indicate that we''re only going to play 1 up top every week next season.

Would really like to see him here for £5m, proven goalscorer at every level he''s played at and is hungry to prove himself and get into the England setup. Just the sort of player we need in my opinion. Signing 30 year old Italian''s on big money who are wat the other end of the career doesn''t sit quite right with how we''ve rebuilt the club to me. As it''s the Daily Fail I''ll hope this is just BS.

[/quote]

I disgaree

The fact we only have two strkers at the club currently suggests that.

If going with two up front you would have five strikers am sure we would have kept holty and possibly vaughan with more more to add.

I only see us bringing one more striker.

[quote user="clarkey1972"]

I disgaree The fact we only have two strkers at the club currently suggests that.

[/quote]

Or it suggests we just haven''t secured our targets yet.

I really hope this isn''t true and hooper ends up at CR next season.

I honestly believe he would be a massive signing and a perfect fit at Norwich.

Lets just see shall we?

All of this second guessing is rubbish. Hughton knows at times two strikers will be required.

We''ll need four even with only one up front.

Playing one up front will require us to have an AM which in all likelihood will be Hoolahan first and foremost. If Hoolahan gets injured we are looking at drawing players from other positions which we may or may not be able to do - or Butterfield if he is rated by Hughton.

If we only have three strikers we are treading very dangerously. One serious injury and we are down to two - two is simply not enough. One booking away from having no choice. You always want choice and competition.

Apart from anything else right now we are linked with three strikers. We may not want all of them but some reports suggest we almost have the Italian and are still hunting.

At this point it is worth being open minded.

[quote user="chicken"]Lets just see shall we? All of this second guessing is rubbish. Hughton knows at times two strikers will be required. We''ll need four even with only one up front. Playing one up front will require us to have an AM which in all likelihood will be Hoolahan first and foremost. If Hoolahan gets injured we are looking at drawing players from other positions which we may or may not be able to do - or Butterfield if he is rated by Hughton. If we only have three strikers we are treading very dangerously. One serious injury and we are down to two - two is simply not enough. One booking away from having no choice. You always want choice and competition. Apart from anything else right now we are linked with three strikers. We may not want all of them but some reports suggest we almost have the Italian and are still hunting. At this point it is worth being open minded.[/quote]

We could always get Darel Russell back and play him up front again.

[quote user="clarkey1972"]Looky at it from hoopers point of view

It seems he wants to play back in england. It seems there is only qpr and us in for him. He goes to qpr he plays every week.

How much game time will he get here?

Its a similar situation with russy and chelsea. Why wold he leave celtic to warm our bench.[/quote]

Not sure I entirely agree. Whilst we are all assuming RVW will be first choice, he may take a while to get used to English game. Hooper will be ahead of him from his time at Scunny. Also, you would Hooper is a confident sort who would look to prove himself as first choice. What if Hooper signs & is miles better throughout pre-season?

If Hooper as genuine aspirations & belief that he might just be able to get in Eng squad then he has to come to prem league. The interesting thing here is that the likes of Hull & Sunderland clearly feel better value to be had elsewhere. It appears to be a straight fight between us & QPR. We can offer the possibility of regular prem football & a pretty good wage. QPR can offer the latter but are a club in a degree of turmoil with a poor reputation for signing past it players on huge salaries. Not sure if Harry will be there long - this job has very quickly dented is reputation & he may do what he did at Southampton & move on asap.

I still feel if Hooper goes to QPR it will be because of the money.

[quote user="chicken"]Lets just see shall we? All of this second guessing is rubbish. Hughton knows at times two strikers will be required. We''ll need four even with only one up front. Playing one up front will require us to have an AM which in all likelihood will be Hoolahan first and foremost. If Hoolahan gets injured we are looking at drawing players from other positions which we may or may not be able to do - or Butterfield if he is rated by Hughton. If we only have three strikers we are treading very dangerously. One serious injury and we are down to two - two is simply not enough. One booking away from having no choice. You always want choice and competition. Apart from anything else right now we are linked with three strikers. We may not want all of them but some reports suggest we almost have the Italian and are still hunting. At this point it is worth being open minded.[/quote]

We could always get Darel Russell back and play him up front again.

[/quote]

haha forgot about that!!!!!! that feels like light years ago

I dont get it. Why do we need 4 ->strikers<- if we play 1 upfront?

I mean we have cabable reserve team players for try outs if we really are in the situation where all 3 strikers we have are injured + Pilkington and Redmond and mayby some other transfer target we are planning to use in pocket are needed on the field at same time.Drop from Redmond to Murphys and Loza isnt that big anymore.

I mean look at other teams. Even more rated coaches than Hughton can do with only 2 main strikers and rest of the options are youth players. At most those who are keen to play with 1 striker have 3 options and sign players on other areas who can score the goals.

If we call Hoolahan luxyry player, there is nothing more luxyry these days than pure striker if he isn''t work horse or cabable play other positions and work with the ball.

Everytime we look at strikers who are linked to us, we look how many times they have scored. How many do you think the 4 will score if we have no cabable players to distribute them with good passes?

Hooper is perfect example from a player who can score, but who doesnt have any special attributes to make those goals happen without good support. Thats why I have not jumped in the air when we have been linked to him. Good second option though and thumbs up if we get him under 5 mil.

We dont need 4 strikers. We need to grow as a team and find players that can do both score and be useful on and off the ball and normaly those fellows are not classified as striker or center forward.

3 strikers are more than enought if we play with 1 upfront and have players that can be used as 9 in emergency situation.

So I hope we spend big for 1 striker and dont divide that sum on 2 and use good money for a player for the role we considered Toivonen when we bid for him.

I think we need 4 becchio is third of fourth. We need a genuine back up or player to play alongside. Then either a good back up or that youngster to learn from the group.

Padres came out yesterday with his four strikers and said there was not enough, you can never have enough goals in your team and we proved it hard last year with so few goals.

[quote user="smooth"]I think we need 4 becchio is third of fourth. We need a genuine back up or player to play alongside. Then either a good back up or that youngster to learn from the group. Padres came out yesterday with his four strikers and said there was not enough, you can never have enough goals in your team and we proved it hard last year with so few goals.[/quote]

Interesting choice of words!

Who is Padres?

[quote user="Evesham Canary"]

I still feel if Hooper goes to QPR it will be because of the money.[/quote]

In which case we are better off not having him here.   If he chooses us it will be for the right reasons.  If he chooses QPR it will be for the wrong reasons.We shall see.

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="Evesham Canary"] I still feel if Hooper goes to QPR it will be because of the money.[/quote]

In which case we are better off not having him here.  
If he chooses us it will be for the right reasons. 
If he chooses QPR it will be for the wrong reasons.

We shall see.

[/quote]

Slightly biased opinion LDC but in general I tend to agree with you.

[quote user="clarkey1972"]

I disgaree The fact we only have two strkers at the club currently suggests that.

[/quote]

Or it suggests we just haven''t secured our targets yet.

[/quote]

We WONT bring in another three strikers no chance.

If he was going with two up top he wold not have let three strikers leave this summer, especially holt.

We will be playing one up front next season 99% of the time.

Fair doos.

But it would be mental to go into a season with 4 strikers if intending to go two up front imho.

I know redmond can play up front but dont think he has come to do that.

All will be reveiled over the coming weeks, either way i trust hoots to get the best deal for the club.

Why does Hooper want to leave Celtic? To play in the EPL in order to try and force his way into the England squad ahead of the 2014 world cup. He has a year left on his Celtic contract. How would playing for QPR help him in this? The Glasgow papers have reported that he''s told Celtic he wants to come to us. Is this true? Who knows but it coincides with Hull stating they will not pursue their interest in him. if he can''t get a move to the EPL then logic suggests he would be better off seeing out his contract at Celtic with the hope that good performances in the Champions'' League will get him noticed by Roy Hodgson.

I still believe he''ll be joining us for around £5 million + add-ons.