Sign in to follow this  
lake district canary

Double Dutch

Or should that be treble?    The apparent Dutch flavour to our signings is going to be fascinating to watch this season, if all the deals are finalised.  The Dutch  are usually very good at speaking English and speak intelligently about football, so no language problems and they come from a country that prides itself in its style of football.  They are also only a short flight from home so this could be the way of things over the next few seasons.  Maybe a few more top Dutch players will come in over the course of time, especially if we carry on evolving as we have been.     

The clubs that have too many different languages/cultures in them always seem to struggle to gain an identity as a team - too much lack of integration and understanding.  Providing we do it sensibly and don''t get too many players in too quickly (like newcastle and the french connection) the Dutch players should compliment what we have in a very good way, upping the standard of football, without upsetting the team ethic.

Quicker to get to Amsterdam than it is to get to Kings Lynn.   And you don''t have to go on the A47 to get there..........

I have noted the dutch flavour too. Given our geography it makes sense, and dare I say it, it worked well for our neighbours about 30 years ago too!!!

[quote user="Bert sneakers"]LDC

I''m not sure why you think the new signings would want to come to kings Lynn?

I live there and I can confirm its a pit hole.[/quote]

No, that''s not what I meant.  Just gives an idea of the time scale factor.    I know the A47 well, using it on my way to Norwich......I''d rather fly to Amsterdam than drive to Kings Lynn. [:S]

Can''t be that bad if some of our ex past it players go and play for Kings Lynn? Might be a little bias as I live there ;)

It can be observed that, even if Alderweireld has decided to look elsewhere, we have performed a useful function for Ajax (the primary Dutch club and a long term provider of European talent) by establishing the parameters of his sale. We have "played it correct", not only in the eyes of the father/player/agent, but have also ensured the Ajax''s desired sales price is established. For arguments sake, We may even have known all along that a sale to (say) Liverpool was likely, but we assist AJax (a very good strategic move) to maximise their return on the player, thus establishing a good relationship with a key "supplier".