Sign in to follow this  
Juggy

This is a bigger signing that Van Wolfswinkel...

IMHO. Been watching YouTube clips of this man, he has the pace and power of a Patrick Vieira or Yaya Toure, a bit Gerrard-esque. 
OK so Van Wolfswinkel may become the best striker that many of us have ever seen at Carrow Road in yellow, but this man brings something to the table which in todays market should cost £25m. The man honestly looks top drawer. 
I wonder whether we got him cheap because his knee injury is a serious threat however, we can only hope that it isn''t as serious as Everton were making out. Could it well be that Fer was lined up as a replacement for Fellaini who looked set for an outward move which didn''t materialise? 
Can''t remember us ever having a player with Fer''s quality. I guess Damien Francis would be the poor mans Fer. This player could well be our Fellaini as we begin to build a team to rival that built by Moyes at Everton. Is European football really out of the question? Swansea and Wigan are there, why can''t we get there? 
Really excited about this one, think this may well be ''the'' signing of our summer. 

Hmmm is it?Wolfswinkel will scores us more goals.Goals = We Stay Uphe''s a massive signing but wolfy is certainly more important in my opinion

They are both amazing signings, but a team needs possession to create chances, and we strikers need chances to score goals. Any striker would have struggled in our team last season, not just Holt, even Van Wolfswinkel would have struggled. We obviously needed to strengthen the midfield, which we will do with several players, but Fer is a player of quality way beyond our wildest dreams. 

It is an interesting thought, but lets be honest, it is all about the spine of the team, it is after all a team game. To have added quality in both defense, midfield and up top and I mean REAL quality we are building something that will look very good next year.

He has pace, power, strength, can tackle, can pass, can shoot. He looks like the ultimate midfielder, just like a Gerrard or a Fellaini. 
Van Wolfswinkel looks like a goal machine, but the complete midfielder is more of a rarity then a natural goalscorer imho. 
Of course both amazing signings, on a whole new level, but Fer looks like a rare talent to me. Just hope we keep the man fit. 

I must admit I didn''t know much about Woflswinkel (apart from FIFA)Fer however I am extremely excited about.Seen him a few times and well.... he could easily be the next YaYa Toure/ Patrick Vieira

Its great, but we have to hope they can play together.

If it was as easy as just signing players everyone would be a good manager. The biggest challengebfor hoots now he got his men is making the gel and play for each other.

If he can do that (i think he can) then there is no reason we could push a top 8 finish (6-8) and or win a cup.

Personally i would prefer us to have another summer of strengthening before we are blessed with a europa league spot.you need a much bigger squad thwn we have and he PL always has to be priority.

Interesting times yes........

Exciting times hopefully........

[quote user="ReadingCanary"]
Seen him a few times and well.... he could easily be the next YaYa Toure/ Patrick Vieira[/quote]
Definitely. I''d like him more to a Toure or Gerrard, box to box player. Vieira actually lacked goals in his game... Fer seems to be a goalscorer (like Toure). Really excited about this one. Basically Damien Francis on steroids. 

[quote user="clarkey1972"]Its great, but we have to hope they can play together.

If it was as easy as just signing players everyone would be a good manager. The biggest challengebfor hoots now he got his men is making the gel and play for each other.

If he can do that (i think he can) then there is no reason we could push a top 8 finish (6-8) and or win a cup.

Personally i would prefer us to have another summer of strengthening before we are blessed with a europa league spot.you need a much bigger squad thwn we have and he PL always has to be priority.

Interesting times yes........

Exciting times hopefully........[/quote]
Agree that Premier League has to be a priority, but never know with a cup, got to the QF last year... and think we would have got Bradford in the semi-final. Then Swansea in the final, who we always seem to do well against! 

[quote user="TheNewBoy"][quote user="ReadingCanary"]
Seen him a few times and well.... he could easily be the next YaYa Toure/ Patrick Vieira[/quote]
Definitely. I''d like him more to a Toure or Gerrard, box to box player. Vieira actually lacked goals in his game... Fer seems to be a goalscorer (like Toure). Really excited about this one. Basically Damien Francis on steroids. 
[/quote]They changed his position to more of an attacking midfielder recently. Hence the increase in goals. He''s so fast though he can get back and defend when needed. He''s perfect for us really.

[quote user="ReadingCanary"][quote user="TheNewBoy"][quote user="ReadingCanary"]
[/quote]They changed his position to more of an attacking midfielder recently. Hence the increase in goals. He''s so fast though he can get back and defend when needed. He''s perfect for us really.[/quote]
Just have to cross our fingers that he stays fit, has had injuries, but looks to be one who is worth the risk. 

How can you judge who''s the better player by YouTube clips. Have you watched either of them in full matches?

[quote user="Herman "] How can you judge who''s the better player by YouTube clips. Have you watched either of them in full matches? [/quote]

I completely agree Herman. These so called ''youtube clips'' often only feature the very best highlights of a player''s career, this type of formatting could easily make any player look good.

[quote user="Herman "] Have you watched either of them in full matches?[/quote]
Yes

I read some where last week that said the failed medical at Everton is a bit of a conspiracy theory and that Everton couldnt afford the fee they had agreed (A player was suppose to leave but the move collasped) so in order to drive the price down, they reported a medical fault. Think this was transfer deadline day.Take it with a pinch if you like.Similar happened at Forest with George Boyd and his ''Eye Illness''

[quote user="CDMullins"]I read some where last week that said the failed medical at Everton is a bit of a conspiracy theory and that Everton couldnt afford the fee they had agreed (A player was suppose to leave but the move collasped) so in order to drive the price down, they reported a medical fault. Think this was transfer deadline day.Take it with a pinch if you like.Similar happened at Forest with George Boyd and his ''Eye Illness''[/quote]
That''s what I thought too. He would be the perfect Fellaini replacement, and he was rumoured to be leaving in that window. Wouldn''t have been room for the both of them, so bet a Fellaini move away failed to materialise. 

agree with the spine comment - ruddy, seb, fer, rvw is a massive improvement on last season. with a solid support class we now have the core to truly progress.

and a least 2 more to come in (loans incl. could they be precocious under 21s or one of the forward??)

Howson, Tettey, BJ and Fer competing for central midfield, Pilks, Snoddy and Redmond fighting for the wings.

Just need a striker to keep Winkeldink on his toes and we''ve done everything we needed in this window, with plenty of yet to go!

[quote user="AJ"]Howson, Tettey, BJ and Fer competing for central midfield, Pilks, Snoddy and Redmond fighting for the wings.

Just need a striker to keep Winkeldink on his toes and we''ve done everything we needed in this window, with plenty of yet to go![/quote]
You missed attacking mid to compete with Hoolahan. 

Play Howson higher like we''re supposed to.

I agree with this being the more important move. Our midfield was such an issue last year, with the lack of quality in Johnson and Tetty meaning that two midfielders had to play deep.

With Lambert, the diamond effectively allowed us to play one more player in the attacking third, who in this case would be Howson.

Not only would we have more bodies going forward, Howson would come into his own as so many believe he will at some point.

. Ricky

Pilks/Redmond Wes Snoddy

Howson

Fer

Olsson (attack)

Russ

Bassong Turner

Ruddy

[quote user="TheNewBoy"][quote user="AJ"]Howson, Tettey, BJ and Fer competing for central midfield, Pilks, Snoddy and Redmond fighting for the wings.

Just need a striker to keep Winkeldink on his toes and we''ve done everything we needed in this window, with plenty of yet to go![/quote]
You missed attacking mid to compete with Hoolahan. 
[/quote]

I can see hoolahan and RVW linking very well together.

Considering BJ was linked with a 4.2m switch to Swansea (proved to be codswollop but still, the fee seemed plausible), we have gotten what seems to be a serious upgrade/step up in quality, for what? 600k more?

What a pity we couldnt sell BJ then we''d almost have our money back

[quote user="Che''s right hand man "]Why would you want rid of Johnson he may be a poor passer but he can tackle and disturb the oppositions attack. [/quote

Yes, but I feel that thats pretty much all he can do. I think we need to be trying to invest in players who can do more than one thing. We have a midfield full of players with a singular strength and in Fer we have a player who can do many things. Another one like him and we''d have truly stepped up a level.

If we could get 4.2m for BJ and only paid 4.8m for Fer, considering the upgrade in player, thats good business in my eyes

[quote user="Ches right hand man "]Why would you want rid of Johnson he may be a poor passer but he can tackle and disturb the oppositions attack.[/quote]So can Tettey, but he can pass as well...