Sign in to follow this  
Canary_Mad

mcnally tweet

To me, world class means they would walk into most other national teams (or you could even extend that to clubs) first XI.

Take the Spanish national team for instance. I think the vast majority of their Euro/World Cup squad (not XI) would walk into the England team.

By contrast, how many of our players would walk into theirs?

Rooney is always touted as being World Class. But would you pick him above any of the Spanish alternatives? I wouldnt.

Gerrard in his prime was truly world class, a player any national team would be desperate to plonk in their XI

Who are the other 5? I only make it 3 so far - RVW, Redmond and Garrido who was already here anyway.

[quote user="kdncfc"]Who are the other 5? I only make it 3 so far - RVW, Redmond and Garrido who was already here anyway.[/quote]Nash

[quote user="kdncfc"]Who are the other 5? I only make it 3 so far - RVW, Redmond and Garrido who was already here anyway.[/quote]

Nash and Olsson.

[quote user="CDMullins"][quote user="kdncfc"]Who are the other 5? I only make it 3 so far - RVW, Redmond and Garrido who was already here anyway.[/quote]Nash[/quote]Olsson

Great news if it is Fer. Just what City need in midfield - breaks up play well, reverses the flow with his own pace and power to go forward or pass through balls to others. Excellent signing, if so!

He will literally dominate midfield with his height and strength, exactly what we need to match the middle teams

SkySports transfer watch already reporting that Fer signed to a 4 year deal.

[quote user="Foghorn"]New Boy: thank you for your kind and considered response, delivered with the level of civility I''d expect.[/quote]
Welcome. 

Can''t we just stick to the football for once?

For those who haven''t seen it, this is Leroy Fer''s tweet after signing:

"So proud to be a Canary! The fans are already amazing!!! Looking forward to the 1st training and the PL-games! Feeling blessed."

Sounds like he''ll be happy here!

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="CDMullins"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="TheNewBoy"]Completely lost sorry. I am either really slow or am not in ''the loop'', whatever the loop is. 

I guess the capital ''D'' and ''S'' stand for something. Like a good riddle but all I can think of is Delia Smith. She is a woman of god, but I doubt it is here matey :-D

[/quote]

What is the loop?? I was just talking to Seedy Mullins about his beliefs and pets...

[/quote]Seedy?[/quote]

Just got it mate, I like it.

Just a harmless little play on words....

[/quote]

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="TheNewBoy"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="TheNewBoy"]Completely lost sorry. I am either really slow or am not in ''the loop'', whatever the loop is. 

I guess the capital ''D'' and ''S'' stand for something. Like a good riddle but all I can think of is Delia Smith. She is a woman of god, but I doubt it is here matey :-D

[/quote]

What is the loop?? I was just talking to Seedy Mullins about his beliefs and pets...

[/quote]

Sorry mate thought it was a reply to me because of the way the posts are ordered.

[/quote]

I don''t think it matters anyway :)

Do you reckon God has been looking down favourably on Delia and those who kept faith?

[/quote]
If I believed in god then maybe so, perhaps instead we should just consider Delia our very own Saint.