Sign in to follow this  
Canary_Mad

mcnally tweet

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="TheNewBoy"][quote user="Wings of a Sparrow"]All I can say is that some of you are really hard to please.

He would be a quality signing and no mistake.[/quote]
I agree with that, he would be a ''quality signing'', he just wouldn''t be a ''world class'' signing, and the only way that a team like ours could have a ''world class'' player is to buy them very young and develop them into one.[/quote]Martin Peters was world class but we didn''t develop him nor buy him young..........
[/quote]
Completely different era, with completely different finances. Peters would likely have made a very good living from the game, enough to achieve financial security even. Now we have teams like Man City who pay enough to make somebody a multi-millionaire in one year. 

Haha seems my opinions arent too popular. To be fair I dot rate Hart at all so that''s definitely come into it.

Anyone else checking their twitter every five minutes? Had stuff planned this afternoon but putting that on hold now ha

[quote user="Alan_Grey"][quote user="Canary_Mad"]maybe there isnt any news today?[/quote]

What makes you think so?[/quote]

its 3.30pm....the day doesn''t end now.

[quote user="TheNewBoy"][quote user="I am a Banana"]Someone said Hart was world class! Lol!![/quote]
Well he is, can you name five better keepers? Considering Brazil play the QPR keeper and Holland play the Swansea keeper, and considering he keeps Ruddy out of the England team... and considering the French number 1 had to share his gloves with a 42 year old Brad Friedel.... I''d say that Hart falls easily within world class. We will see that again this season now that Mancini has gone.  
[/quote]

For me only Neuer is really world class!

Hart is a top quality keeper. Didn''t have a great season but is still an excellent keeper. Better than Ruddy, Vorm, Cesar and whoever else was mentioned and shouldn''t have been. There are very few keepers better than him

[quote user="pilksfanclub"]Hart is a top quality keeper. Didn''t have a great season but is still an excellent keeper. Better than Ruddy, Vorm, Cesar and whoever else was mentioned and shouldn''t have been. There are very few keepers better than him[/quote]
He was nominated by footballers as one of the five best in the world in November 2012: http://espnfc.com/news/story/_/id/1232887/joe-hart-has-been-named-one-of-the-world''s-best-goalkeepers?cc=5739
Had a shaky season but at 26 still young for a keeper. Casillas, Neuer, Buffon, and Cech were the other four nominated for the award.... 

Keeping offtopic going, but Hart is world class, but to be honest he doesnt fit the top-5.

From big teams Casillas, Neuer, Cech, Lloris and Buffoní all go quite easily front of him.

If someone argues about Lloris being behind Friedel you didnt watch any of Tottenham''s games. He was so in form it was almost impossible to drop him ^^

I would rate Hart somewhere around Valdes and Mandanda. Exellent keepers, but all got big flaws in their game, but they play for national teams because they know how to operate world class defence, where Ruddy is at least equal in stopping shots and crosses pressure of big team day after day is one of the main reasons why certain keepers get caps in national team.

Ofc this is opinion of mine and in goalkeepers you really cant say for a fact who is best, but Hart isnt in my top 5, but probably would fit my top 10.

How did this thread, which is basically about news of signing(s) today, get hi-jacked into a discussion about world class players, particularly goalkeepers?

Keep on topic, please, or start a new thread.

[quote user="Foghorn"]How did this thread, which is basically about news of signing(s) today, get hi-jacked into a discussion about world class players, particularly goalkeepers?

Keep on topic, please, or start a new thread.[/quote]

Prepare for a visit from the forum police police, who shout people down for shouting people down from posting things like that.

[quote user="Foghorn"]How did this thread, which is basically about news of signing(s) today, get hi-jacked into a discussion about world class players, particularly goalkeepers?

Keep on topic, please, or start a new thread.[/quote]
No. 

Hart world class!? Ha. Poor positioning and doesn''t decide what to do with his hands properly at all. Well over rated.

New Boy: thank you for your kind and considered response, delivered with the level of civility I''d expect.

Without wishing to get involved, would it help if everyone agreed what "World Class" means? Seems to be interpreted as anything from international quality to getting into an Interplanetary XI.

I hope David McNally & Co are able to stick to the agenda more effectively than some people on this thread! It''s meandered all over the place from the OP which is supposed to be about McNally''s tweet...

[quote user="Fr. Chewy Louie"]

Without wishing to get involved, would it help if everyone agreed what "World Class" means? Seems to be interpreted as anything from international quality to getting into an Interplanetary XI.

[/quote]

I''ve been smiling at every post for this reason! Nobody knows, it has no real meaning, just an arbitrary indicator of "really really good".

world class for me is if there were a team made of the top players ie a world team then they make it as world class, other than that they are international class

[quote user="Fr. Chewy Louie"]So there can only be one world-class goalkeeper. Unless there are more than one, that are exactly the same level.[/quote]

A definition I came across years ago I think works pretty well, certainly in terms of European players. Someone is world-class if you would consider including them in an All-Europe select 11. They don''t have to make the final 11, but they have to be a serious candidate. So you can have more than one world-class player in any position. You would, for example, at the moment consider Neuer, Buffon and probably Casillas and possibly Hart in goal.

If there are three of four better than you in your position you cant be world claim, just my opinion and intepretaion - others have highlighted some of the real contenders out there - and they dont include cech or de gea who were both better than Hart last season,  and lloris will push him close too.

Hart is struggling to be englands number one right now - can see ruddy overtaking him in all aspects within 18 months prob including being at a big club