Sign in to follow this  
super canary

your favorite footballer....EVER!

I remember when the Arsenal invincibles came to play- Bergkamp and Henry were a joy to watch, two of my favorites ever. Luckily they also played Justin Hoyte so we got one goal.

Iwan Roberts....away from Norwich theres a few, Dennis Bergkamp... Arsenal have won NOTHING since he left.. not a single trophy... that says all it needs to,Inzaghi and Del Piero are 2 more... England could only dream of having a player with a little toe full of the the ability of del piero.

off beat but Jay Jay Okotcha is probably the best for skills I have seen, overall Johan Cruyff or Zidane, Maradona at his best was incredible but a total t**&t

I''m surprised nobody has mentioned George Best yet. When you consider the

state of the pitches back then, the heavy ball and defenders diving in

with both feet, his ball control was amazing. If he was playing today,

there would not be a defender on the planet who could take the ball off

him.

These three - Bergkamp had incredible balance,  Henri was terrific, Ian Wright at his best.     Of the three , at his best, Henri was unstoppable.  Arsenal fans have been spoiled........

Favourite Norwich player ever - Steve Bruce - one man team.

[quote user="lappinitup"]I''m surprised nobody has mentioned George Best yet. When you consider the

state of the pitches back then, the heavy ball and defenders diving in

with both feet, his ball control was amazing. If he was playing today,

there would not be a defender on the planet who could take the ball off

him.[/quote]

Best it is for me too. At today''s prices, what would he be earning, if he was sober?

My first post so I''ll make it on a nice peaceful thread.

Romario - Natural, I''d go as far as saying he found football..easy!!

BuffonCafu Nesta Cannavaro Maldini         Scholes Iniesta                 ZidaneRonaldo                         Messi                  Ronaldo

If we''re talking players we''ve seen in our lifetime for me the best is either C. Ronaldo or Messi. Both brilliant talents.

But my favourite player is Hucks.

Roberto Carlos for me. Some of the goals he scored were insane!3 here:-https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vnB_4Jtfy6AI can watch the second one over and over again and still not get how it''s possible!

Alex Young.  "The view every Saturday that we have of a more perfect world, a world that has got a pattern and is finite. And that''s Alex – the Golden Vision."

Wow, got so many to choose from. First off want to say I''m shocked Messi wasn''t mentioned until half way down page three, in a team at that.

I''ve had loads of favourite non-Norwich players down the years, roughly:

(Brazilian) Ronaldo, Harry Kewell, Shevchenko, Maldini, Kaka, Zidane, Fernando Morientez (Madrid striker), Ronaldinho, Iniesta, Messi, Bale, Lampard,, Beckham.

Norwich top five would be:

Drury, Roberts, Green, Hucks, Johnson.

It has to Van Basten for me too. When I was a kid, the Milan team were out of this world. Better than the Barca team of 2010. Van Basten was the best player in that team!

Henry comes a close second though... a great playe, but with pace, control and personality on top.

[quote user="Lavanche"]Most certainly Dennis Bergamp. Genious with athletic build.

Messi would be horse poo compared to him if he would have to play with level of physicality and heavier ball that he endured.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=drScL8q956o

This video never gets old ^^[/quote]Have to add kudos for linking this vid. It''s very easy to forget just how good some of these players were. You look at any of those goals on there and it''s not just a swing for goal. Every single one is placed with finesse. Absolute class.I don''t know, but I just don''t feel the same about players today any more. You talk about your Ronaldo''s (Brazilian), Hagi''s, Stoichkov''s (Has he been mentioned?) Cantona''s ét al, and you just get that buzz of how great things were. Maybe it''s just me?Or the wine.... [D]