Sign in to follow this  
Juggy

What do we still need?

Martin as a striker was ment to be a joke as he scored more than our second striker options for Holt.

And yes this is premier league and that is reason why I say we should build our team wisely and stop thinking striker need to just poach front of goal.

I agree that we need someone behind RvW who is profilic goalscorer, but after that there needs to be some flexibility.

So thats it about this subject as we seem to agree with most part ^^

If you say so.

Not gonna agree with you though.

Its just becoming a circular argument and thus very dull - Agree to disagree.

[quote user="Lavanche"]Martin as a striker was ment to be a joke as he scored more than our second striker options for Holt.

And yes this is premier league and that is reason why I say we should build our team wisely and stop thinking striker need to just poach front of goal.

I agree that we need someone behind RvW who is profilic goalscorer, but after that there needs to be some flexibility.

So thats it about this subject as we seem to agree with most part ^^[/quote]
Well another excellent striker is desperately needed, so I''m sure we can all agree there. 

[quote user="Downloads"]

If you say so.

Not gonna agree with you though.

Its just becoming a circular argument and thus very dull - Agree to disagree.

[/quote]
Just because football manager gets pumped with new buzz words every year doesn''t mean that football has changed. If anything has changed in the Premier League it is the quality. Watch some full 90 minute Brazil and Holland games from the Seventies all the way through to the Nineties and then come back and tell me that football used to be boring and uncreative with 4-4-2 the norm. And remember.... in the fifties they played with five forwards.... 

[quote user="Downloads"]

Amen.

One more outstanding striker at least please.

[/quote]
We can agree to agree there then :)

"The 4–3–3 was a development of the 4–2–4, and was played by the Brazilian national team in the 1962 World Cup."
Like I said, none of the stuff we see in the modern game is innovative or ''genius''. 

I don''t need an education, I plain think you are wrong and think you think you are clever just by saying its nothing new.

I know its nothing new and I never said it was, you said that, so maybe you are trying to teach yourself something.

Its a fact that people use more adaptable systems nowadays, if you can''t see that then there''s no point discussing further as you are blinkered in what you see.

[quote user="lincoln canary"][quote user="Webbo118"]

[quote user="lincoln canary"][quote user="Joanna Grey"]Another striker, another winger and an Attacking Midfielder. All according to the ''list''.[/quote] Disagree. All we really need is one more striker. Anything else is luxury. And tbh I''m concerned too many signings could upset the apple cart. I think we''ve signed enough. And what we have signed is quality.[/quote]

Totally ridiculous. What happens if one gets injured and another gets sent off in the first game? You have to allow for injuries, loss of form and suspensions. As sure as night follows day, they all happen at some time.

[/quote] It''s all very well saying this but if there are no injuries how will you keep excess players happy?[/quote]

That''s one of the reasons why the management get paid large sums of money - they manage. There are 25 players in the squad. Whether you like it or not, the same 11 will not be starting every game. If they did, we could dispense with a large part of the squad as they would not be needed. I thought you may have noticed this by now.

[quote user="Downloads"]

I don''t need an education, I plain think you are wrong and think you think you are clever just by saying its nothing new.

I know its nothing new and I never said it was, you said that, so maybe you are trying to teach yourself something.

Its a fact that people use more adaptable systems nowadays, if you can''t see that then there''s no point discussing further as you are blinkered in what you see.

[/quote]
The fact that football is a little more ''fluid'' with wide players who cut in a bit and attacking midfielders who revert to defensive players to suit a situation does not negate the fact that we have only one quality striker at the club, exactly the same situation that we had last season when Holt was our only realistic option. This tactical talk is irrelevant. Most Norwich fans just want us to sign a couple of bloody strikers, and I am one of them. Wow Snodgrass and Pilkington can mix it up a bit, like any other attacking midfielders or winger, now get us some goalscorers. Enough said. 

[quote user="TheNewBoy"][quote user="Downloads"]

[/quote]

The fact that football is a little more ''fluid'' with wide players who cut in a bit and attacking midfielders who revert to defensive players to suit a situation does not negate the fact that we have only one quality striker at the club, exactly the same situation that we had last season when Holt was our only realistic option. This tactical talk is irrelevant. Most Norwich fans just want us to sign a couple of bloody strikers, and I am one of them. Wow Snodgrass and Pilkington can mix it up a bit, like any other attacking midfielders or winger, now get us some goalscorers. Enough said. 

[/quote]

Absolutely correct. We must have options.