Sign in to follow this  
drinks

Freddy Eastwood SIGNS!

Not yet, but it’s looking extremely likely. I’ve heard from a number of usually reliable sources that a deal for Eastwood is on the table and its now up to the player and his agent to sort out personal terms.

If all goes well he’ll be a Norwich player by this time next week! Sounds like a good replacement for Svenny and / or Leon if they leave…

Thoughts?

Yeah - isnt he a striker?

If he is then one of the others we have will be on their way . . .

I like it.

''Freddy Eastwood SIGNS'' - ony to be followed by ''Not Yet!'' - CLASSIC!

Believe it if / when it happens. Hope it''s not a replacement for Leon though. If Svennson goes then ok.

[quote]Not yet, but it’s looking extremely likely. I’ve heard from a number of usually reliable sources that a deal for Eastwood is on the table and its now up to the player and his agent to sort out persona...[/quote]

I would be less than impressed if this were true because it would mean that one of our strikers would most likely be on the way out.

More importantly (and I am going to keep on about this!) the main priority in my mind is some recruits in midfield.  This is the area that I think we are most lacking in quality and depth!

[quote]Thoughts ?, yeh , thought we had a sticky for transfer speculation type posts.[/quote]

I would have put it in the ''speculation thread'' if it was speculation, rather than fact.

BTW 400k is the agreeded fee, if you''re interested.

The only thing he''ll be signing at the moment is autographs outside the millenium stadium. Call me a sceptic but with a play-off final looming i am sure the player, manager, chairman and agent will all have other things on their minds right now.

[quote]I would have put it in the ''speculation thread'' if it was speculation, rather than fact. BTW 400k is the agreeded fee, if you''re interested.[/quote]

O.K. then Drinks,

Your neck and credibility are now on the line.

For your info, this was posted on this Forum by Mark Gilbert on the 20/12/05 :-

Quote  "..told by a director from Southend F.C., Freddie Eastwood will sign in January..." 

Mark Gilbert only posted once, are you he ? or are you a Southend Director ? or who to be able to say this is a fact ?

i dont think we need him, but if he signs, it does sound like super matty sven might well be on his way.....

[quote]The only thing he''ll be signing at the moment is autographs outside the millenium stadium. Call me a sceptic but with a play-off final looming i am sure the player, manager, chairman and agent will al...[/quote]

Player, manager and chairman yes, but Agent???

That''s not what my source says and he''s pretty reliable.

We''re trying to sign Clint Eastwood, Worthy needs the Good, The Bad and the Ugly in the team next season. For a Few Dollars More he could get a proven championship player but the True Crime would be not to take a chance. Expect terms to be discussed next week with a medical afterwards involving some Blood Work.

Trust me on this, it''s Million Dollar Baby! Apparantly Worthy tried to get him a few years ago but the scouts spilt water on their reports and we ended up with Clint Easton

Hello all I must admit I am a serial lurker more than a poster - I do have very close links with Southend though as well as my love of Norwich - I can also confirm I am not drinks!!

I have spoken with my Southend contacts and can confirm that discussion have been held and more will be held soon - however as has been correctly sumarised it is not important for either player or club this week. I have also been told though that nothing formal has been agreed.

As for posters wondering about Freddy I would like to say he is an awesome prospect with bags of potential - he can conjour the goals out of nothing in division 2 and probably the Championship. I feel he woudl be a great investment for Norwich - I will keep you advised.

I cant see freddy being our salvation next season ,if we are to be serious candidates for promotion we need a proven goal scorer at this level.Now is not the time to take risks on ex-bricklayers like mr.eastwood.We had better hope we can hold on to deano and Leon because with them up front i can see us turning over most teams in the championship with perhaps 40plus goals between them.come on you yellows!

[quote]I cant see freddy being our salvation next season ,if we are to be serious candidates for promotion we need a proven goal scorer at this level.Now is not the time to take risks on ex-bricklayers like ...[/quote]

Might I remind you that no less Ian Wright was a hod carrier beofre he turned pro (very late)Having had the experience of doing an honest days work does not automatically make you a crap footballer.Some might argue its an advantage.

Also worth pointing out Starman that Leon wasn''t a proven goalscorer at Championship level when we signed him and yet what a good buy he''s turned out to be!

Oh and another thing..Dean Ashton wasn''t a proven goalscorer at Premiership level when we signed him either...

Worthy''s recent signings of strikers from the lower leagues have been pretty damn good when you think about it so if he''s now thinking of signing Freddy Eastwood I''ll be quite happy to trust his judgement!

Perhaps there was an incorrect spelling in the original topic and should have read ''Freddy Eastwood SINGS!''. 

In addition too being a proven goalscorer, this could also make him a useful addition to our squad if the play-off final next year is decided by some sort of ''Pop Idol'' style sing-off instead of penalties.

Reliable souce number...? must be 100+ in the last week!

I''d prefer it if we brought a defender of midfilder, he looks like a very promising prospect, but do we really need another striker?

[quote]Hello all I must admit I am a serial lurker more than a poster - I do have very close links with Southend though as well as my love of Norwich - I can also confirm I am not drinks!! I have spoken wit...[/quote]

It seems your Southend contact slightly contradicts what I’ve been told re: nothing formal being agreed. It has been confirmed to me that a fee (£400k) has been agreed between the clubs and that Freddy is considering the offer. West Ham have also expressed an interest, but have not made a offer (to date).

However, Worthington and Doncaster are on holiday (together?) for the next couple of weeks, so it looks doubtful it will be wrapped up before their return. My “Freddy Eastwood SIGNS” declaration does now seem slightly premature, but it does sounds like ‘when’ not ‘if’.

I have to agree with the other posters that another striker isn’t our no. 1 priority, but it does make sense if Sven is going.

As I hear more, I’ll let you know.

First of all, hello again to you all. I''m a Southend fan who posted a few times on here in January time when the previous ''Freddy to Norwich'' rumour started. Well, the rumour that was confined to here and here only. I don''t quite understand why this has started up again, and once again it''s confined to here and here only.

Secondly, I don''t know who you are ''drinks'', or who you claim to know within our club, but I think either you''re on a wind up or your ''source'' is our programme seller or something. I do have a contact within the our club though, who is actually someone who you might say is ''well up the Southend food chain'' if you want to put it in perspective. Lets just say if there was anything in this he''d know as he''d have a say in it. Your club has made no contact with us, whilst nobody has shown any firm interest in Freddy either. Not only that but Freddy himself keeps repeating that he wants to stay with us next season, whether we go up or not. Despite not being the sharpest knife in the draw, he realises that he''s been a full time pro for only 7 months now, as he was one of a few who only trained 2 nights a week at Grays, and he knows that he needs to learn his trade before jumping up Divisions.

So you might need to move on to a new rumour.

Good luck to you guys for next season though. I seem to remember that you seemed like a really nice bunch when I posted on here a few months back

[quote]First of all, hello again to you all. I''m a Southend fan who posted a few times on here in January time when the previous ''Freddy to Norwich'' rumour started. Well, the rumour that was confined to here...[/quote]

Andy, First of all thanks for posting.

I hope you are right and the guy stays with you for a while yet.  I''m sure £400k would be nice for Southend and that we would get a player with a lot of potential but I think it would be better for Eastwood to stay with you.  As you say he has only been a pro for 7 months and is still improving, I can see no benefit to him coming to City at the moment.  He would not get in the team with the strikers we have at the club at the moment and would spend most of his time playing reserve team football.  How would benefit him?  He needs to be playing first team football and scoring goals, Southend seems to be the best place for him.  Before any of my fellow posters get upset by that, Worthy does not exactly have the best track record in playing young talent with potential does he? 

Anyhow good luck to Southend and Spencer Prior in the play-off final and lets hope Freddie nets a couple!

The whole thread should have read McKenzie signs for Barny EASTWOOD just ask Francis!!

Just been speaking to a shrimps fan, and it seems like this is a whole load of rubbish.

Freddy Eastwood has just signed a 3 year deal and commited those three years to the club, i dont think hes going to be going anywhere.......