Sign in to follow this  
stoke canary

Looking good lads...............

Someone needs to tell RvW that his handbag won''t count as hand luggage with Easyjet and he may need to pay a fiver!

Very interesting choice of hand signal by Leroy...

Looks like a mouthwatering bunch of additions to the team, god I can''t wait for August!

OTBC

[quote user="Alex "]Very interesting choice of hand signal by Leroy...

Looks like a mouthwatering bunch of additions to the team, god I can''t wait for August!

OTBC[/quote]

Identical to Olsson''s. Think its ''cool''

Mr Olsson seems to have the same problem with his hand too?. OT question but anyone know if any of the US games will be broadcast on the net?

My understanding of the peace sign was you showed your palm with 2 fingers?! No biggy, I just found it funny - didn''t think for a minute they were really insinuating a big ''Fer''k Orf''

2 fingers as an insult is British and British only..

comes from the battle of Agincourt, where the French said they would take 2 fingers from the British archers as keepsakes after winning the battle, as they fled from the battle field some time later the Archers showed 2 fingers as a pee take.

in any other country its not considered an insult.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

comes from the battle of Agincourt, where the French said they would take 2 fingers from the British archers as keepsakes after winning the battle, as they fled from the battle field some time later the Archers showed 2 fingers as a pee take.

[/quote]Bit OT, but I''m afraid to tell you there isn''t much factual evidence this is true. It''s more of a myth which was passed down the generations

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[/quote]

Not true unfortunately, although a lovely story.

Looks like RVW''s hair has been hit by a cross wind and NR''s, being in RVW''s lee, has remained unscathed.

[quote user="ReadingCanary"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

comes from the battle of Agincourt, where the French said they would take 2 fingers from the British archers as keepsakes after winning the battle, as they fled from the battle field some time later the Archers showed 2 fingers as a pee take.   in any other country its not considered an insult.[/quote]

Bit OT, but I''m afraid to tell you there isn''t much factual evidence this is true. It''s more of a myth which was passed down the generations [/quote]

Churchill (see left) obviously didn''t think it was an insult...........V for victory!!

Some people are really showing their age with comments about ''peace''. Either that or they really do pick out the most trivial rubbish to comment on. At the end of the day they''re going on a USA tour with the best run club in the Premier League. They must be buzzing for it, I know I would be! This is probably going to be one of the best team gelling experiences of their lives and they''re getting paid top money for it.

Obviously hard work comes into it, but instead of comment about the trivial subject of sign language, I''d like to wish them the most amazing time. This is a first for the club and they have joined at arguably one of the most exciting periods in Norwich City FC history.

The story about English (were the archers Welsh?) archers at the battle of Agincourt using the two-finger sign, was that when the French captured archers, they would cut off the two-fingers of the right hand, making it impossible for the archer to use a bow.  Unfortunately there is no evidence of the French actually doing so to captive archers, which is where the story breaks down. Back then individual captives tended to be killed out of hand unless they were rich enough to be held for ransom. 

Truth is we have no idea when or why it originated, according to wikipedia the first recorded use was a worker in Rotherham in 1901, using it at a photographer to show he didn''t want to be photographed - some things don''t change.

But more important, very good to see the guys looking relaxed and happy at the start of the tour.

Slightly over the top reaction there from ''Green and Yellow''... Jeeeeeez, light hearted chat about 2 finger salute much?

Incase you''re in any doubt, we''re ALL looking forward to the new (and old) boys enjoying their time away representing our fine club.

OTBC

What''s that in Nathan''s hand? Is it the player of the year trophy he won at Birmingham? Why is he taking it to the USA with him? And what is the Wolf doing with my Mum''s shopping bag?

I always thought that it''s only an insult when you show the back side of your hand with the fingers raised. Palm showing was the peace sign.

[quote user="coachkemp"]Someone needs to tell RvW that his handbag won''t count as hand luggage with Easyjet and he may need to pay a fiver! Embedded image permalink[/quote]  Don''t think they have gone with Easyjet !!!!!!!

[quote user="Its Character Forming"]the first recorded use was a worker in Rotherham in 1901, using it at a photographer to show he didn''t want to be photographed - some things don''t change.[/quote]Nope, and sadly it''s a bad reflection of a large percentage of the people in and around the area to boot.Rotherham just isn''t a particularly nice place to live in general, but we do get the dubious benefit of slightly cheaper petrol than most of the UK, along with pints that actually have a head - not exactly the best trade off IMHO...[:D]

[quote user="Colourful Canary"]What''s that in Nathan''s hand? Is it the player of the year trophy he won at Birmingham? Why is he taking it to the USA with him? And what is the Wolf doing with my Mum''s shopping bag?[/quote]

Think it''s Louis Vuitton.

[quote user="The Walking Man "]I won''t believe that photo until there''s a press conference confirming it![/quote]

I''m holding fire on disregarding it until I see whether the tabloids publish it. If they do, then its definitely fake.