Sign in to follow this  
Cantiaci Canary

Predict the next signing

With a keeper, left back, winger and central midfielder added this summer and with the departures of Holt, Jackson and C. Martin it seems likely that a new striker will be signed sooner rather than later.

Who do you think it will be? Hunches?

Hooper

N''Doye

Quagliarella

Barnes

None of the above

Hooper, assuming he hasn''t been wooed by Harry with a big pile of cash!

[quote user="Cantiaci Canary"]With a keeper, left back, winger and central midfielder added this summer and with the departures of Holt, Jackson and C. Martin it seems likely that a new striker will be signed sooner rather than later.

Who do you think it will be? Hunches?

Hooper

N''Doye

Quagliarella

Barnes

None of the above[/quote]

Jermaine Defoe

N''doye and fabulous are the top two. We need a genuine high quality striker and one who is out of reckoning for games at juve with not much more to prove may jump at this one.

I would like either but think fabio may be more likely of the two, can''t believe I am saying that, but I can see it as a good move.

Either way a striker better than hooper.

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="Cantiaci Canary"]With a keeper, left back, winger and central midfielder added this summer and with the departures of Holt, Jackson and C. Martin it seems likely that a new striker will be signed sooner rather than later. Who do you think it will be? Hunches? Hooper N''Doye Quagliarella Barnes None of the above[/quote]

Jermaine Defoe

[/quote]

He would be awesome with RVW! (Hughton / Spurs connection - you never know?)...

Batshuayi from Standar Liege. Always felt he will come to prem, although no links or anything, I have a feeling we will sign someone not yet linked and this guy would definitely fit the bill.

Like as Mervmeister, I think someone will come out of bushes next. No idea who it would be, but as we imo need that CAM and Diego has 1 year left from deal in Wolfsburg lets say him! ^^

Zigic can do one, we don''t need a lumbering lazy striker on £60k a week. Rhodes would interest me, Remy would too, but he''s on £75k and probs would be out of our reach.

I am not convinced Toivonen has definitively turned us down. If not then the signing of Fer might well help persuade him to add the yellow of Norwich City to the yellow of Sweden.

dont think we really want hooper but agree we will be getting a striker or two (one on loan probably) and maybe the quag from the old lady of turin will be next.

I also think we will definitely sign a new partner for Seb at cb.

If McNally said on Twitter that we''re "far from over" in regards to this transfer window then that suggests to me were looking at two more signings. A striker obviously and a center half. No idea who they will be though.

vaclav kadlec for me plese

my requests in Jan were RvW amd Patrick Aubameyang

would be very happy with the quag tho - top class

[quote user="Norwich or die tryin"]If McNally said on Twitter that we''re "far from over" in regards to this transfer window then that suggests to me were looking at two more signings. A striker obviously and a center half. No idea who they will be though.[/quote]What he said was, in answer to:are we done in this transfer window or far from it?was...” far from it."

All that means is we are planning to offload several players...

[quote user="mrdi"]I''ve got a bad feeling. Peter Odemwingie.[/quote]

Hasnt he signed for palace?

[quote user="mrdi"]I''ve got a bad feeling. Peter Odemwingie.[/quote]

Hasnt he signed for palace?

We''re down to RVW and Becchio as strikers having disposed of Holt, Vaughan, Martin, Jackson.  It''s not really going out on a limb to say that we''ll sign another striker, probably more than one.

Clearly we want Hooper, but it sounds like we''ve made a take it or leave it offer and that''ll be concluded one way or another very soon.  Sounds very plausible that QPR have offered a million more than us but Hooper wouldn''t want to move to the Champ.  Hard one to call but TBH as long as it is resolved one way or another I don''t mind, we have plenty of time to look elsewhere which we''re obviously doing already.