Sign in to follow this  
HerefordCanary

I know he's gone now but

I was looking on the QPR forum to see what their view was on the Hooper situation and what I came across was this thread about Holt which you may/may not be interested in.

http://qprdot.org/viewtopic.php?t=69005&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

This paragraph in particular I found quite interesting.

''Holt actually sat in front of me on my flight for 7 1/2 hours. Had a really good chat. Thought Sparky led the downfall - the remark was "kid in a sweet shop". All the lower placed prem teams targeted us for easy 3 points. Thinks that Boswinga, Cisse and Barton were a disgrace. Did have an off the record chat with Harry close season but chose Wigan as he is a plastic scouser. Owen Coyle a really good gaffer, thinks they may struggle for promotion this season but should comfortably come between 8 and 12th place. All in all a really interesting chat with someone I despised (and I told him) but actually quite a decent and knowledgable guy. Also has lost 1 1/2 stone close season.''

Sounds about right. Not sure he should be doubting Wigans promotion potential though. I''d have them amongst the front runners, even if they are in europe too. Bosingwa and Barton are at the different ends of the spectrum of disgrace. Barton played well enough,but was too aggressive etc. Bosingwa picked up his money and didn''t care after that. He''s gone from the best attacking right back in europe to a nobody in about 2/3 years

Little bit annoying knowing that he''s lost one and a half stone now. Did he get in the comfort zone here too much? Will always love the guy for what he did here though...

''Off the record'' chat with Harry.

What''s one of those then? Is it when nobody from the FA is within listening distance, and can''t call it tapping up?

Maybe when the player phones up Harry and says "Can I have a word, off the record ?"

Definitely sounds like Holty was looking for an exit, which TBH makes sense if he wanted to be regular first choice.