Sign in to follow this  
Joey Deacan

Cant we all just get along

[quote user="Joey Deacan"][quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Joey Deacan"]Group Hug[/quote]No. We don''t like you! [8o|][/quote]♥ You[/quote]Obvious binner is obvious! [;)]

Having viewed this site for years before then taking the plunge and joining, I can definately say, that there is absolutely no chance of there ever being normality and peace on this board.........NO CHANCE!!

[quote user="Waveney Canary"]I find the fact u r taking the P put of Joey very disrespectful and u are clearly a bin dipping troll. Time to ban him Pete[/quote]Why would you say such hurtful things

[quote user="Waveney Canary"]I find the fact u r taking the P put of Joey very disrespectful and u are clearly a bin dipping troll. Time to ban him Pete[/quote]A bit of light hearted fun on a light hearted thread......Its txt spkrs shud be banned m8.

Waveney Canary wrote - "I find the fact u r taking the P put of Joey very disrespectful and u are clearly a bin dipping troll. Time to ban him Pete"

Totally agreed, I can only presume that SDP is too young to remember Joey Deacon;

"In 1981, the last year of his life, Joey Deacon was featured on the children''s magazine programme Blue Peter for the International Year of the Disabled. He was presented as an example of a man who achieved a lot in spite of his disabilities. Despite the sensitive way in which Blue Peter covered his life, the impact was not as intended. The sights and sounds of Deacon''s distinctive speech and movements had a lasting impact on young viewers, who quickly learned to imitate them. His name and mannerisms quickly became a label of ridicule in school playgrounds across the country."

I think we have moved on from those days of the early ''80s.

Joanna couldn''t agree more the use of his name in this context clearly is meant in a derogatory way. Disappointing that some on here think that disability is a good reason

to mock someone would like to see if the key board warriors would do it in a crowd to their faces. I bet they aren''t that brave then.

"Joanna Grey"Waveney Canary wrote - "I find the fact u r taking the P put of Joey very disrespectful and u are clearly a bin dipping troll. Time to ban him Pete"

Totally agreed, I can only presume that SDP is too young to remember Joey Deacon;

"In 1981, the last year of his life, Joey Deacon was featured on the children''s magazine programme Blue Peter for the International Year of the Disabled. He was presented as an example of a man who achieved a lot in spite of his disabilities. Despite the sensitive way in which Blue Peter covered his life, the impact was not as intended. The sights and sounds of Deacon''s distinctive speech and movements had a lasting impact on young viewers, who quickly learned to imitate them. His name and mannerisms quickly became a label of ridicule in school playgrounds across the country."

I think we have moved on from those days of the early ''80s.

A similar thing happened about Cambodia. It was supposed to shock us, in a sensitive BP way, in to helping the poor people. Unfortunately it seemed to make children creative in making silly songs.

[quote user="Joanna Grey"]Kids will be kids Herman. But we are adults here and I find the use of that username offensive.[/quote]I must admit I jumped in to have a bit of fun with the OP without knowing who the real Joey Deacon was. However, now I''ve read a bit about him, it seems a strange choice of username unless of course it''s the OP''s real name.

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Joanna Grey"]Kids will be kids Herman. But we are adults here and I find the use of that username offensive.[/quote]

I must admit I jumped in to have a bit of fun with the OP without knowing who the real Joey Deacon was. However, now I''ve read a bit about him, it seems a strange choice of username unless of course it''s the OP''s real name.
[/quote]

Same with me Lapp but I understand you have been warned by pm with regard to your avatar being offensive ?

Leave poor old joey alone.

He puts up a light hearted thread to try to unite us all and you all turn on him.

You have my backing Joey, I''m with you bud.

Go Deacon.