Sign in to follow this  
Pi$$ed As A Mattress

City Captain

I just have a feeling it would be detrimental, effecting Snoddy''s game. He''s a winner alright but wears his heart on his sleeve too much to be skipper.

As a character the Cafu must be a favourite.

I think Bassong would be a good choice, but the Captain has to be someone long established usually. Russ has been here a few seasons now, I wonder if Bassong is too recent an acquisition for the role? That said, he seems a natural leader on the pitch. Think Russ would be a good choice, but he''s not first choice CB and plenty of people think Whittaker should be ahead of him in the RB slot. Bassong is surely the first name on the team sheet, so perhaps he is a better bet to play every week?

Snodgrass has too much to learn about his own game to be a captain.   His temperament gets in the way too much, his crossing is not reliable, his decision making is poor (dribbling when he should cross and vice versa).     He is a trier and gives everything, but that does not make a good captain. 

For me it would be Martin, if he is going to be a regular in the team.  If not him, then Bassong.

[quote user="Norfolk Mustard"]

Whatever leadership qualities does Snoddy possess?

[/quote]

None that I can see

Presuming Hughton names a captain and doesn''t just appoint one on a ''game by game'' basis. Not sure I subscribe to the ''needs to have been here a while'' point of view. Lambert made Holt skipper after just a few weeks at the club and that worked out well. So maybe Hughton has earmarked one of his new signings to be skipper? Howson was a young captain at Leeds and seemed to prosper in that role so I''d go for him myself, but I have a feeling it''ll be Ruddy.

1. Martin2. Snoddy3. Bassongdon''t think it''s ever a good idea for the captain to be the keeper, there''s very little chance of interacting with the team outside of your own half.

[quote user="87canary"]Turner.

Players player of the year. Clearly has the team behind him.[/quote]

Agreed and top performing defender back half of the season

[quote user="87canary"]Turner.

Players player of the year. Clearly has the team behind him.[/quote]

Yup. As big a presence (if not bigger) than Bassong with less recognition from the fans but clearly the players know his worth.

bassong shouldnt even be given a sniff, idiot had a previous weapons charge and was still dumb enough to then go and post pictures holding a gun, takes a certain kind of "special" to do that.

if you want to help keep him around offer it to ruddy, with martin as number 2

Iron stan

I don''t think Bassong is likely to be bringing a firearm onto the field of play so personally I don''t see why it would effect his ability to be captain of a football club.

He was probably our most consistent performer last season, a total rock and backbone of the team.

Don''t see how posing for a photo holding a gun changes anything at all.

Did he shoot anybody with it?

Was it illegal to hold the gun in the country he was photographed with it?

If we are going to sign players from different country''s and cultures we need to understand they may act differently to the average chap from rural Norfolk.

If we can''t accept this maybe we should limit our scouting network to the fruitful playing fields of east Anglia and hope for the best.

I think Martin, but only if he is going to play regularly, he kept Whittaker out last year but he has also said he sees his future more as a CB, is he going to dislodge Turner or Bassong?

If Martin is first choice RB then he seems the obvious choice, from the supporters point of view, but we don''t know what the opinion of the squad is of him.

If not imo it could be any of Ruddy, Howson, Bassong and I would agree Turner. You don''t get players player without commanding some respect. No one has mentioned Hoolahan either, even though he has been Vice Captain since league 1 I think.

Its an interesting one and a tough decision.

Would like it o be Turner but that depends on whether he will play regularly next year. Don''t get me wrong he was my favourite player last year but if we had signed Alderweireld I would have expected him to start so if we sign another CB of a similar quality then it wouldn''t be likely that Tuner would play regularly enough.

I''m almost certain that Martin will be our captain

In a recent tweet between Elliot Bennet and Snoddy Benno refers to Snoddy as "bossman" maybe a hint that the players already know who the captain is ?That said, Cafu gets my vote all day long.

[quote user="Nexus_Canary"]In a recent tweet between Elliot Bennet and Snoddy Benno refers to Snoddy as "bossman" maybe a hint that the players already know who the captain is ?That said, Cafu gets my vote all day long.[/quote]

I think he could be saying  "Bosman"  referring to the value of Snoddy''s  next move.............