Sign in to follow this  
ellis206

Hughton in or out???

Hey SeanLong7, I believe you''ve opened up a very good thread here and are asking a very valid question. Don''t listen to the haters mate because end of the day they are the real trolls who go looking to abuse people just because they don''t like someone''s opinion!

The question at hand! IMO the jury is very much still out. I really disliked the style of football we played in the middle and toward the end of last season. When you look at our unbeaten run, a lot of those games we drew. And then toward the end we played a very defensive and at times scared style of football. Villa at home a prime example. I just felt even with last seasons squad we didn''t have to play like that. We have talented players at our club who I believe just needed to ''self express'' on the pitch rather than put pressure on them and bottle them up . WBA and Man City prime examples. It was a very frustrating time for me and a lot of other NCFC supporters. I still very much think we were extremely lucky to have survived and even more lucky to have finished were we did. Because of all this I was firmly with the supporters in the ''OUT'' bracket.

With all that being said, Hughton (albeit IMO very lucky) did guide us to safety. And now with some exciting additions to our squad with hopefully two strikers to come I just can not wait for the season to kick off.

I''m giving Hughton at the least 10 games before I contemplate wether he should be IN or OUT!!!

Here''s hoping for a great season!!! OTBC!!!

I''m with the ''In'' camp, he achieved the club objective last year, using a more pragmatic approach than previous, it got the result, end of.

However, I think he will know that with the money he has spent so far and will eventually spend, the pressure to both succeed and entertain will be far greater than last season, and the possibility of the crowd turning after 5 games or so if results and performance do not at least reflect the last two games of last season, will see CH placed under a microscope on here, big time......

So, In for me, but the first 10 or so games next season will become a real focus of judgement on him and McNally''s decision to appoint and back him.

McNally hasn''t got much wrong so far though!!!!!!!