Sign in to follow this  
ellis206

Hughton in or out???

After all the pantwetting we had to endure towards the end of last season (Twitter people, check out the #Hughtonout hashtag, its hilarious) I wanted to see what peoples opinions are now.

Just answer with a simple in or out.

For me its

IN

[quote user="ellis206"]

After all the pantwetting we had to endure towards the end of last season (Twitter people, check out the #Hughtonout hashtag, its hilarious) I wanted to see what peoples opinions are now.

For me its

IN

[/quote]

What in God''s name are you running on about? Are you under the influence?

[quote user="ellis206"]

For me its

IN

[/quote]Simple answer... what the f**k are you on about?

Still unchanged in opinion...

in

he does like every other manager in the division have to keep up results and noone is more than 10 straight losses away from the sack

[quote user="ellis206"]

For me its

IN

[/quote]

"pantwetting"??............after losing at hom to Villa on the third from last game of the season ,following a run of 2 wins in 19, did you not think there was some justification for that?

we were incredibly fortunate that the fixture list provided us with a WBA side that couldn''t have been more on the beach ,to roll over and and hnd us 3 pointsthe following week, as we could very easily be comtemplating a season in the Championship now.

I''ve no issue with his signings, most of them last season were a success, and on paper those that he has made this season look good.

my issue is how he sets his teams up.....with a full summer and the biggest transfer kitty any NCFC manager has ever had, lets see how he starts the season shall we?

Given our finishing position last season, this may seem like an odd opinion to most but I go for out.

I want to be entertained by our football. Watching Norwich play under Hughton has come to feel more like a chore than a pleasure. Our year in League One may have been at a lower level of football than we have been used to in recent decades, but the entertainment and excitement of those matches was better than I remember since the early nineties. Walsall away was my favourite match I''ve ever been to and Tranmere away that season was huge fun even though we lost 3-1.

The last tow matches of 2012/13 have given a glimmer of hope as to how we "could" play under Hughton, but I expect it''ll be back to the normal defensive rubbish we had for the majority of last year.

Although I expect to be in the minority with this opinion:

An exciting loss is better than a boring win, regardless of the level.

[quote user="SeanLong7"]

Given our finishing position last season, this may seem like an odd opinion to most but I go for out.

I want to be entertained by our football. Watching Norwich play under Hughton has come to feel more like a chore than a pleasure. Our year in League One may have been at a lower level of football than we have been used to in recent decades, but the entertainment and excitement of those matches was better than I remember since the early nineties. Walsall away was my favourite match I''ve ever been to and Tranmere away that season was huge fun even though we lost 3-1.

The last tow matches of 2012/13 have given a glimmer of hope as to how we "could" play under Hughton, but I expect it''ll be back to the normal defensive rubbish we had for the majority of last year.

[/quote]

And therein lies your problem... You would rather be entertained than win? I suggest that you would find the cinema, theatre, or a concert more to your liking. Whilst it is good to be entertained by the football served up, I want to win and I don''t care how. 3 points on the board is more satisfying to me than fancy football, loads of goals, and controversy.

An exciting loss is better than a boring win? You''re right, you are in a minority there and perhaps of the troll persuasion.

[quote user="SeanLong7"]

[/quote]

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha....

Let''s have 38 exciting defeats next year shall we? That''s definitely better than 38 dull victories. Sod winning the title, let''s just entertain everybody. And don''t worry, because when all the money has gone and we are out of the league we will just start up again and entertain people! Same again!

Ludicrous absolutely ludicrous.

He has passed all the tests so far - liked by players, kept us in the EPL, made some very good signings, but now comes the big test - how will he cope in trying to weld together a team with some many players from different backgrounds, and can he do it quickly?

It''s one thing to make good signings, and be persuasive in this - as he was with RvW. It''s another to get them to play for each other, with no awkward egos. This is new country for him - so far he has been with teams who were low in confidence and with inadequate players. I think that he has enough nous and personal approach to succeed with a team containing a few outstanding players.

He could really enhance his reputation, raise the profile of the club and be poached by one of the moneyed clubs.

Things must be too nice at NCFC and this board too full of optimism so up comes the trolling threads trying to fish yet again. Why try to divide this board during such a great summer?

I shouldnt really respond...BUT...will do.......For me Hughton achieved the objective he would have been set. He took on a very tough task following PL who actually bottled the second Premier League season challenge, and whilst sacrificing a little on our style of play to achieve the objective....he did it and even with a higher league finish than PL achieved...so, a definate IN for me and I never doubted him either.    

I was and still am in the HUGHTON IN camp...I was x-tremely nervous towards the end of last season, but which supporter wouldn''t have been...even some happy clappers on here (eg. Gingerpele) were squeaking their bum...(at least I think so ;-D)

[quote user="Dubai Mark"]I shouldnt really respond...BUT...will do.......For me Hughton achieved the objective he would have been set. He took on a very tough task following PL who actually bottled the second Premier League season challenge, and whilst sacrificing a little on our style of play to achieve the objective....he did it and even with a higher league finish than PL achieved...so, a definate IN for me and I never doubted him either.    [/quote]

Even whe we only won 2 in 19 games and heading towrds the bottom 3, you never had a little tiny bit of doubt? I agree good choice and did the job employed to with great result in the end.

Calm down, it''s just an opinion. I already said I realise I''m in the minority.

Resent being called a troll though.

Went to my first game as a 5 year old against Southampton (I think. Their kit was very different around then. We were in our fosters sponsorship period with the hummel sleeves so must have been around 1986-87) sat in the family enclosure of the south stand. Lived in Norwich from the age of 2 to 12 and then in Diss from 12 to 18 fighting the evil forces of Ipswich on the frontier. My Dad worked as the gate steward of the Castle Lounge for many years, before retirement and now has a season ticket in the same area. Living in the north-west restricts the number of games I can get to these days, but I always wear my Norwich shirts with pride. To call me a troll is to call all norwich supporters a troll.

This is what put me off posting on this forum for so many years. Having to defend my support of the club from other Norwich fans is sad state of afairs which I knew would happen.

Although I said I think an entertaining loss is better than a boring win, I would always prefer an entertaining win. If your going to win, you might as well do it with style.

[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]

we were incredibly fortunate that the fixture list provided us with a WBA side that couldn''t have been more on the beach ,to roll over and and hnd us 3 pointsthe following week, as we could very easily be comtemplating a season in the Championship now.

[/quote]You are talking about the same WBA side that put five past Manchester United the following game, aren''t you. The same WBA side that were so on the beach they came from 3-0 down then 5-2 down to snatch a late draw. I hate to think of the hiding they would have given the runaway league champions if they had been up for it! Shame the machinations of the fixture list denied us that one!Sheesh!

IN -- It doesn''t matter what order he did it in, his objective was to keep Norwich up and unbeknown to us, he had done that on the 6 April when we drew with Swansea.

Well I thought most of the norwich games were deadly boring last season and I would not like to go though it again especially as the walk to Carrow and more so back from Carrow is getting harder by the week. I cannot believe that Hughton has had a lot to do with the new signings except for one and I cannot believe Hughton will suddenly become excitment on the touchline either so for me its OUT.

To be honest we are never going to fit in the top ten.... not with a 26,000 crowd..... so it is always going to be a struggle. Our best hope is for a slimmed down Premier League and a place in the second tier then we might have excitment, a team that wins and a good manager.