Sign in to follow this  
Tetteys Jig

When will the next lad arrive?

When do people think the next signing will be made?

Are we going for a tactical wait to see how the market plays out the next couple of weeks or is there a surprise in store this week?

Perhaps we''re even saving on wages by leaving it until deadline day before we strike! Not since Bennett arrived have we really done much on deadline day if i remember rightly.

I don''t personally think we''ll see anymore signings until we get back from the US

I don''t think we''ll see any while the club is on tour. Could be wrong though!

I tell you what, i''d love Mcnallys job! Transfer negotiating would be amazing! Obviously a lot harder than i''m used to on FM 13 as I don''t think each player has a rating 1-20 in real life! I have often wondered about using the FM template as a generic management tool though as there is a lot you can relate to real world management and negotiations.

I wonder what plan A''s, plan B''s and plan C''s he has got in mind and also wonder with all the deals done by clubs, if they have had to resort to plan B after missing out on plan A, whether they have ever had a lucky escape and plan B player has gone on to be a roaring success? (hopefully you all understood what I mean there)

I reckon there is such thing as a ''transfer list'' that floats about though.

I seem to remember CH saying that the names being slung from newspaper to newspaper made up only a small portion of the names on his target list. If so, you''d think the list would be quite big and would have primary and secondary targets.

I think it''s safe to say Hooper is a primary target and Toivonen and Quagaliarella have been secondary targets. Judging by CH''s comments though, you''d have to say that there are many more combinations! Redmond was obviously a priority and I think Olsson was probably secondary after Garrido!

I think CH probably has a vast list of names that have different priority ratings.

In this day of instant communication, I expect messages to be flashing backwards and forwards between CR and CH. The manager has certainly not left an empty brief, "Find me a striker!" McN will have some names to work on, and there could even be visits to CR plus medicals. Perhaps he will also be making opening bids to names further down the target list, since we have been refused by the Dutchman and the Swede, and probably had our threat called by Celtic.

The short answer is , "Any time from now on", as there could have been some in the pipeline before CH left, but clearly there may need to be consultations over the Atlantic if players visit CR to discuss terms.

If I were a betting man, I would not expect much to happen before the end of July, but what do I know?

I actually doubt whether we''ve made a bid for Hooper this window. There''s been reports of bids and deadlines but nothing concrete at all. Hull and QPR have bid for Hooper this window, we know that much.

I think we remain interested but are waiting for the player to say something to Celtic before we make a lowish bid, the two clubs can then negotiate a fairer price.

I think he will be our player by the end of NEXT week.

I think we will be seeing Hooper in a Cit shirt soon, also think there will be another defender in before the start of the seaosn and probably striker on loan.

Who will be out the door is the next question! Surman, Barnett, Fox & E Bennett for me.

Hooper by the 26th July, Defnder by the 5th August and Loan Striker by 31st August.

I''d like to see us buy another centre back too. Bassong and Turner need good challengers for their positions as they do tend to lose concentration sometimes. Need to keep them on their toes.

I think our remaining signings will include:

Hooper, a Championship striker, a foreign defender, a loan player and an attacking midfielder.

After R Bennett''s performances at the end of the season Truner will be on the bench I hope for the start of this season. Though Bassong and Bennett were outstanding. What with Martin we do have that position sorted, I think we might see another rightback.

I think another R Martin type player who plays both right back and centre back if anything. Hence the links to Toby

I still don''t get the Hooper thing? Is he really that good? because when i''ve watched him i''ve been wholly dissapointed. He would be an above average championship striker but i can see him struggling in the premier.