Sign in to follow this  
Cedric Pantselin

A different atmosphere next season?

Afternoon all, I''m new to the forum. Read it every day, just never bothered to sign up. But I was reading the post about becoming the next Arsenal and it made me sign up.Every single home game (can''t count away games because it''s a different buzz) there are always a few numptys around me moaning about something or another - usually either about Hughton''s tactics and substitutions or a wayward pass/wasted chance etc. The usual.To be honest, I''m sick of it. Look at where we are compared to a few years back. Can''t we all just enjoy the ride? Hughton''s job last season was to keep us in the PL with the team he inherited and avoid second season syndrome. He did it. So what if it wasn''t pretty at times. Because of Hughton''s tactics and the squad, we''re in a position where we can spend £8.5m on RVW.We''re here to support them, not get on at them when something goes wrong. Nobody deliberately makes a mistake. I''m putting it out there that every time you hear something unnecessarily negative around you, jeer the idiot who''s moaning. Literally jeer him/her into oblivion. Make them cry if possible.So what if we go in at half time 2-0 down against Palace. Is booing going to help? We''re not Manchester United and never will be so the sooner we start to get realistic and get behind the boys 100% in every match, the sooner these moaning nobheads will stop bringing the atmosphere down. For fleck sake!

Welcome to the forum!

People moan. Its a fact of life, while I would love the woman behind me to stop moaning (fun fact, she was once (seriously) moaning that we weren''t scoring more when we were 4-0 up in a game...). Booing is just silly, but people are going to do it.

Jeering at them isn''t going to help. Personally I just get my satisfaction from moaning about the moaners, if there were no moaners at football/on here what would i moan about? You are doing the same with your first post. Swings in roundabouts.

Welcome CP.  Good luck with your quest to stop the moaners.  I''ve given it a good go and have found that it only makes the moaning worse. The trouble is, you will be seen as a moaner too, because you are moaning about the moaners.  So the moaners end up moaning at those that are moaning at the moaners and so it becomes one big moan, thus making the overall moaning problem worse.  The trouble is where do we draw the line...............[:S]

I say it''s a damn good job we aten''t united or arsen. Christ that would be horrible!

Welcome to the forum my friend, I remember my first post was asking people to stop moaning. Here I am some time onwards after doing my fair share of moaning welcoming you. Life is a circle!

I suppose you''ve actually got a good point. Didn''t see that one coming! Ha. It''s just so frustrating to listen to every home game. They''d find something to moan about even if we finished Top 4. I guess you can''t change human instinct. But at the same time, no harm trying!

Blimey, I thought I had developed better spelling skills than showcased there. Apologies.

Welcome newcomer, binner!
Sorry, you haven''t been welcomed to the forum without being called a binner at least once!

I get to more away games than home, and like you said, its not really a major issue as everyone there is normally behind the team pretty well. Not to mention wasted half the time!

But lets face it, we all love a good moan, its what makes us English folk English [:)]

Cheers for the warm welcome fellas! Great to see you''re all as hard at work as I am! Just praying that people don''t get on the backs of the team if it doesn''t gel perfectly straight away. That''ll set a seriously negative tone for the season, especially the mindsets of the new players. If we can break the curse of opening day defeats it''d be helpful!

I had something similar GP. I have a few behind me and in front. And to each side lol. But in all seriousness they moan every game, and similarly when we beat Scunthorpe 6-0 in the promotion season, they were doing their nut that we weren''t going for goal 7, 8, 9 etc. Eeejits.

I would love to see standing make a return. Not sure if it''ll ever be

allowed again on the scale it used to be though. If at all at PL level

anyway. People were moaning around me as well during that Scunthorpe game. I even had the old boy behind me moaning when we were 4-0 up against WBA. He reckoned Wigan could still climb past us on goal difference. In the 80th minute!

Guys, it''s mindset.  There is nothing either good or bad except thinking makes it so. Every event, in and of itself has no meaning other than which you choose to give it, even an opposition goal is neutral in itself.  We probably won''t see it as neutral but neutrals possibly would and oppo supporters would see it as a good thing, so in and of itself it has no meaning, other than that which you attach to it!!!

The moaners have a moaning mindset, they weren''t born with it. they''ve cultivated it, they probably stand with the group in the pub who moan about everything and anything and would never join the other group who are upbeat and positive.  I know which group I would want to join, the opposite one to the one they would join.

All our brains are hard wired to prove us right, so if you believe Fred Bloggs is a crap or great player, you will find things during the game to prove you right.

And of course my opinion proves me right, well it does to me doesn''t it and your opinion proves you right to you.

C''est la vie.

I moved to the N&P from the Barclay a few years ago when I started taking my boys. There was often the odd moan in the Barclay, but generally the atmosphere was really good. The N&P was a real shock as the constant moaning is a distraction and so counter productive. Every game is the same for me with the three chaps behind deciding which player they don''t like and then laying in to them for every slight mistake, whilst ignoring any errors from the other players. I think they do it because they are insecure about their knowledge of football so by saying "look I told you he is rubbish and Hughton doesn''t know what he is doing" makes them feel better.

Good point Ray. But whether it''s nature or nurture, they''re still bloody annoying! You''re right though, a negative person in life isn''t going to become a positive person for 90 minutes a week! Maybe they need their pre-match pints spiked with happy juice. Or share a doob to chill out. Not that I''m promoting it

Welcome CP, nice attitude...! I try not to moan when I''m at the game...I might be cooking inside, but I''m a fan and the more the fan''s start moaning during a game, the more it will have an effect on the team! Let''s get behind the boys...is what everyone should keep thinking.

I''ve been posting grumpy messages on here once in a while, either responding to people seeing it just toooo rosy or toooo dark...

I am a City fan and I support the club, whatever happens OTBC!

[quote user="Metal Militia"]

I moved to the N&P from the Barclay a few years ago when I started taking my boys. There was often the odd moan in the Barclay, but generally the atmosphere was really good. The N&P was a real shock as the constant moaning is a distraction and so counter productive. Every game is the same for me with the three chaps behind deciding which player they don''t like and then laying in to them for every slight mistake, whilst ignoring any errors from the other players. I think they do it because they are insecure about their knowledge of football so by saying "look I told you he is rubbish and Hughton doesn''t know what he is doing" makes them feel better.

[/quote]

I agree with you on the point of being insecure in a way of their knowledge. By listening to them, you can tell they are usually the sort of person that has never set foot on a football pitch themselves. Of course everyone is allowed an opinion/rant/moan etc etc before anyone flys off the hook, but you have to remember footballers are human beings at work not robots and constant bombardment cannot help. Imagine it in your own workplace.

[quote user="Cedric Pantselin"]Good point Ray. But whether it''s nature or nurture, they''re still bloody annoying! You''re right though, a negative person in life isn''t going to become a positive person for 90 minutes a week! Maybe they need their pre-match pints spiked with happy juice. Or share a doob to chill out. Not that I''m promoting it [/quote]

Hi Cedric, thanks and of course you mean you find them annoying, in and of themselves they are neutral, they have no meaning and if you really want someone to wind themselves up, tell them that in and of themselves they have no meaning, that''ll either shut the moaners up or, be prepared to duck!!!!!!

I know what you mean Metal Militia. I moved from the N&P because it was so negative. Many of them haven''t got a clue, especially where I used to sit anyway. Stupidly moved to the Jarrold instead, which is just as bad! I''m with you ROB, I can''t say I''ve never moaned about anything in the past but we''re at possibly the best moment (financially anyway) that we''ve ever had in NCFC history, so let''s enjoy it and get behind the boys!

More likely need to duck Ray! Can''t see philosophical words going down too well with a group of bald men infuriated by a wayward long ball from Johnson while 1-0 down at home to Cardiff!

Cedric, you are no doubt correct but it will be fun while it lasted!!

Are you by chance really Cedric Anselin?

Nice bloke, you too no doubt Cedric, I had a meeting with him and Darren Eadie not long ago as he is involved with Darren''s retreat.

Last post for a while, preparing tea for some of the U21''s, we have a few stay with us, some permanent and some trialists, all good fun as you can probably appreciate.  One of our permanents is in the US with the first team, so one less place to lay!!!

Nice work Ray, I had no idea there was such a set-up like that! Must be a good vibe in your house, especially on the back of the youth team''s success. Keep up the good work amigo!

Very apt, had 3 Spanish lads last week, still got one now, fortunately my wife speaks fluent Spanish, so it helps, and yes it''s all football here or anything sport come to that!  Had some great lads here, some make it some don''t, que sera sera!!!