Sign in to follow this  
lake district canary

Fancy a bet?

I don''t frequent betting sites  much but just out of interest, I checked the odds at us winning the premiership.........

5000 - 1     

Now that must be worth a pound bet .

[:)]

You never see a bookie riding a bike.[;)]

Now I know you will not take too kindly to what I am about to say LDC but is it a coincidence that 45 minutes after a thread is started about our relegation odds and the odds on a top 10 finish you start a thread about the odds of us winning the league ?

Just saying......

Honestly the odds could be a million to one and I wouldn''t put a quid on it. Just never, ever gonna happen.

what does ''just saying'' meanand what might we mistakenly think the post really means without this recently used codicil ?

[quote user="TIL 1010"]Now I know you will not take too kindly to what I am about to say LDC but is it a coincidence that 45 minutes after a thread is started about our relegation odds and the odds on a top 10 finish you start a thread about the odds of us winning the league ?[/quote]

No its not a coincidence.   After the relegation thread  I  wanted to see what the odds were on us winning the premiership.   Was amused to see 5000-1.    

I still think its worth a pound ...................

Everyone that thinks it''s worth putting a pound (or more) on Norwich winning the premier league at odds of 5000/1 then give it to me & i''ll give you odds of 6000/1

I will take that betand you can nominate the independent person to hold both stakes until the end of the season

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="TIL 1010"]Now I know you will not take too kindly to what I am about to say LDC but is it a coincidence that 45 minutes after a thread is started about our relegation odds and the odds on a top 10 finish you start a thread about the odds of us winning the league ?[/quote]

No its not a coincidence.   After the relegation thread  I  wanted to see what the odds were on us winning the premiership.   Was amused to see 5000-1.    

I still think its worth a pound ...................

[/quote]

Well I would like to see what odds there are on us winning the FA Cup. Shall I have a look and start a new thread on it or just maybe add to an already existing thread on Norwich City odds for the forthcoming season ? [:D]

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="TIL 1010"]Now I know you will not take too kindly to what I am about to say LDC but is it a coincidence that 45 minutes after a thread is started about our relegation odds and the odds on a top 10 finish you start a thread about the odds of us winning the league ?[/quote]No its not a coincidence.   After the relegation thread  I  wanted to see what the odds were on us winning the premiership.   Was amused to see 5000-1.     I still think its worth a pound ...................[/quote]

Well I would like to see what odds there are on us winning the FA Cup. Shall I have a look and start a new thread on it or just maybe add to an already existing thread on Norwich City odds for the forthcoming season ? [:D][/quote]

Err... you can do what you like,  just as I can.   A thread about the fa cup odds would be a different subject after all.  Just as a thread about us winning the  prem is different than one that is talking about us being relegated.   A mute point you might think, but its all about your point of view, isn''t it.

Incidentally, the odds on WINNING the prem with Everton at 250-1 and us at 5000-1  only goes to prove how bonkers betting odds are. 

Just out of interest, I think I''ll go and look at the thread talking about the odds of us being relegated now.  [:P]

Just went on betfred to look at the odds and it is 2500/1 on there, what i did find interesting was 15/1 to win the league with a +42 handicap so, going by last seasons table, we''d only need 4 more points and it would win.

[quote user="HerefordCanary"]Just went on betfred to look at the odds and it is 2500/1 on there, what i did find interesting was 15/1 to win the league with a +42 handicap so, going by last seasons table, we''d only need 4 more points and it would win.[/quote]

Ive been waiting to see this, +44 at Paddy Power

Sorry its not Paddy Power its BetVictor

Some of the Handicaps are laughable and shows how little the bookies think of us.

BetVictor have

City +44

Cadiff +47

Hull +49

Villa +40

Swansea +40

Newcastle +33

West Brom +36

Southampton +36