Sign in to follow this  
Skerritt

Goal scoring predictions for next season.

How many goals do you think our players will score next season in the prem?

Ricky 17

Quags (if we get him) 12

Hooper (if we get him) 10

Snodgrass 9

Pilkington 6

Fer 4

Bechio 3

Martin 3

Hoolahan 3

Bassong 3

Turner 2

Olson 2

Redmond 2

Howson 2

Johnson 1

Bennett 1

Bennett 1

Whittaker 1

Garrido 1

What do you think?

It totally depends on the formation we play, who else we sign, injuries, cup run etc so it''s difficult to predict much. I would like Wolfie to bang in at least 15. Howson to continue where he left off last season and become a more regular scorer. Snoddy to get more than his 6 last year. Pilks, Turner and Hoolahan to get around 5.

I think that predicting 4 for Fer could be an underestimate, given his previous history - headed goals especially. I would be delighted, and a little surprised, if RvW gets 17, but you never know. Will Becchio play, given the presence of Quags, Hooper or other, and if so even 3 may be too many. If Howson plays (forward), then I can see him scoring more than 2. Has Garrido scored for Norwich yet, so if he is not preferred to Olsson, I think that his relatively few games score may be zero.

Otherwise I agree with the predictions. If they take a time to settle down, however, it could be that some of the totals will be lower.

[quote user="Row D Seat 7"]I think it''s a bit of a waste of time predicting stuff like this. No offence.[/quote]

I think everything that comes out of your negative mouth is a waste of time to be honest. No offence

This all depends on how we strengthen our attack from here, I think your prediction is incredibly optimistic.

Ricky should hopefully hit 15, but we desperately need another striker or two even. Someone who can get at lease 10 goals. I think a further 15-20 goals we''ll come from the midfield, mostly Snodgrass and the odd goal from defense 5-10.

I think we''ll hit about 50 goals next season but it is very dependant on if we get another striker in.

Ricky 15

Quags (if we get him) 8

Hooper (if we get him) 8

Snodgrass 6

Pilkington 6

Fer 6

Bechio 1

Martin 3

Hoolahan 3

Bassong 3

Turner 2

Olson 0

Redmond 2

Howson 2

Johnson 1

Bennett 1

Bennett 1

Whittaker 1

Garrido 0

65(?) Seems relatively modest in comparison to 83, but truth be told we''d have easily done our job in the attacking department if we eclipse 50 this season. We were known for our attacking prowess under Lambert as the 7th highest scorers in the league, and we managed a paltry 52 (in this company) that season.Taking into account our solid style of play under Hughton, if we reach anywhere near 60 i think it''s fair to say we''ll be competing for European places next season. Not beyond belief, but highly unlikely.Provided we maintain the clubs motivation as well as making more astute purchases in the transfer market, i think we''ll just about reach 50 next season. Accompanied by a respectable tally in the goals against column that should be more than enough for us to make it into the top 10.

Ricky 11Quags (if we get him) 7Hooper (if we get him) 7Snodgrass 4Pilkington 2Fer 4Becchio 2Martin 1Hoolahan 1Bassong 2Turner 3Olsson 1Redmond 2Howson 3Johnson 1Bennett Ryan 2Bennett Elliott 0Whittaker 1Garrido 0

No Own Goals? Wasn''t it 2008/09 that Own Goals was something like our 3rd highest scorer of the season?

Predictions of 60, 70 and even 80 plus goals is wildly optimistic.Hopefully we will improve on last years dismal total but anything more than 50-55 looks way over the top.

38 1-1 draws gives 38 goals to us.  How that will be dispersed throught the side is anybody''s guess.