Sign in to follow this  
Vazzza

Just saying...

Where has this "Just saying..." come from. What does it even mean, why is it spreading. AHHHHHHHHHHH.
More importantly, why does it bother me soo damn much? Probably because it doesn''t actually mean or change anything. Am I supposed to take a post differently than interpreted if "Just saying..." is written on the end of it. Or is it another way of saying "Just wasted your time there buddy, shouldn''t have bothered reading this post", if so, can people not put it at the start of a thread/post

I''ve not seen it anywhere other than this message board. I live outside of Norfolk, is it something that’s originating from Norwich somewhere, or just the web? I don''t really do forums other than this, so maybe its a forum thing?

Just bloody saying... [:@]

get with it daddioit''s the new hip jive the cool cats are layin'' down man

I am as fraustrated as you vazza - I think its simply a way of trying to state your opinion as a fact and not being prepared to argue the point afterwards.

For me its akin to saying "no disrespect but.." which always disrespects the person you are talking to.

Its gaining ground on my two pet bug bears,  being the superfluous extra is and do in the phrases "what it is is" or "what we do do"

And thats before the they''re, their, there crimes...

And breathe.

[quote user="Row D Seat 7"]Was this worth another thread? Just saying...[/quote]

[:P] This thread has more worth than all other threads before it, and any thread after. Can''t explain it, but just completely winds me up!

Just spraying...
Just flaying...
Just praying, for this to end....

haha lolcatz Ermahgerd!! You dont understand it!? Just Sayin'' innit.. Anyhoo, ROFLMAO.

YOLO man! Chill dot com! :-PP

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]

being the superfluous extra

[/quote]

and yes the extra being superfluous was intended.

Vazzza, don''t sweat it bruv, yeah? This also grinds my mother f****n gears too blood, but don''t let it get to ya, yeah? Just rise above that shizzle, Vizzle.

I don''t know what''s more annoying

#justsaying or LDC making exactly the same point as you in the same thread proving he doesn''t read the whole thread before posting his comments ;)

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]

I am as fraustrated as you vazza - I think its simply a way of trying to state your opinion as a fact and not being prepared to argue the point afterwards.

[/quote]

Perhaps those people would be better served by writing a blog![;)]

Seems to be a new version of ''no offence'' whenever I''ve seen it, but shouldn''t it should be ''just writing'' anyway?

I like this guys take: -

This is a phrase which has a two part effect: 1) to deflect what would be a strong disgust/disagreement with that person''s argument and 2)inserting the mere placeholder of a possibility that the argument is valid (though hollow).

I really hate that term. It''s really an attempt to make an end run an extremely weak argument to make the declarant''s point good in the face of overwhelming impeaching evidence or argument. The person using this term doesn''t have to or want to invest any amount critical thinking skills and logic to support their position.

I''d be dismissive of that type of person as being an academically dishonest cretin

So true!

[quote user="Mr Angry"]Vazza, that thread starts in 2006 so it''s been bugging people for years.[/quote]

I didn''t see that! And its only just reaching the pink''un now... Not sure what that says really [:P]

I use "just saying" occasionally.  It often means I''m on the defensive as in  - "I''m not sure if the point''s been made before and don''t pillory me if it has been made already".   @ refjdavies.  If I am not perfect in having the time to read through every single post of every thread, then so be it.  Most of us get things wrong sometimes.   You of course are perfect in every way..............   

It follows in the same train of thought that idiots use when they have no defence or explanation for their arguments.When challenged they come out with the rather stupid bleat "oh, so I am not allowed my opinion now am I ?" conveniently overlooking the fact that they have just expressed their opinion, hence the challenge.My bugbear is two fold. Both americanisms.1. Rocks, as in the protesters were thowing rocks at the police. Rocks in a farking UK town. They are stone. Rocks are very large things.2 Ishhoooos. This has been taken up with gusto and has wiped out the words problems, concerns, matters, questions points, items worries  etc All of which have different attributes and can be used as a fra greater way of expressing your thought.

ps it was expained to me that I should not use the word problem as that infers there is blame or responsibility, likewise words like worry and concern can cause distress and the use of the word question(s) can be seen as confrontational ! The word issue suggests you have empathy with the ... er issue and the ''issuee'' who issued the issue.It would beggar belief but I fear the world is too populated with simpletons who will say and use any words possible to be seen to be ''with it''. To hear the country''s Prime Minister in Parliament use the expression ''fess up'' demonstrates just have far some will sink.

Cameron is down with the kids innit.  I speak to ''em on their level.  Coz theys as thick as pigs'' s4it innit.  Hug a hoodie my biatches, product of the long Labour governments innit.

I am afraid the English language is as much in terminal decline as is Gr*nt H*lt. I see a day coming soon when instead of saying quite properly "I am going to make a telephone call..." someone will turn the noun into a horrid neologistic verb and say "I am going to telephone..." and that will be the end of civilisation.

Wow- ''just saying'' was around when I was at school- so at least 18-20 years ago.

Always meant I''m just adding some information, no particular point or meaning being inferred by it.

Its not something that ever bothered me but I am surprised to see it stated as a current trend!

While we are listing things that wind us up though...

IMHO, IMO, YMMV

Of course it''s your opinion if you are saying it, and don''t put yourself down- no need to have a ''humble opinion''.

And anyone who needs to be told that ''their mileage may vary'' is probably not worth offering an opinion to.

Ah, I feel a bit better for that, thanks!

[quote user="lake district canary"]I use "just saying" occasionally.  It often means I''m on the defensive as in  - "I''m not sure if the point''s been made before and don''t pillory me if it has been made already".   @ refjdavies.  If I am not perfect in having the time to read through every single post of every thread, then so be it.  Most of us get things wrong sometimes.   You of course are perfect in every way..............   

[/quote]

That''s why they call me terry tibbs....much love

[quote user="PurpleCanary"]"I am going to make a telephone call..." someone will turn the noun into a horrid neologistic verb and say "I am going to telephone..." and that will be the end of civilisation.[/quote]

I''s prefer 2 txt, init kool. wkd! :-)

I dislike threads of conversations that start "Soooooo"

[quote user="PurpleCanary"]I am afraid the English language is as much in terminal decline as is Gr*nt H*lt. I see a day coming soon when instead of saying quite properly "I am going to make a telephone call..." someone will turn the noun into a horrid neologistic verb and say "I am going to telephone..." and that will be the end of civilisation.[/quote]or more like an end to your posts were you to follow such dangerous abbreviation