Sign in to follow this  
ReadingCanary

Away Kit

Knowing Aviva they''d push for a neon sponsor on the shirt anyway, but duly noted [:)]

I use Photoshop to put all of these together, chopped and changed around from a now quite old football manager template pack. Passes the time.

Love some of the designs that Mason has done, but we tend not to have dye sublimated kits (probably due to cost), so you should expect a cut and stitched shirt.

Dye sublimation is when a piece of paper is printed with the shirt design in reverse and then heat pressed onto a white sheet of polyester. The heat causes the ink to change into a gas and is absorbed by the polyester. If you pull at the fabric of a dye sub shirt, you will expose some white in the fabric where it has not penetrated.

The cost of dye sub is more then cut and stitched, so if the club wanted to make the some profit, the price would have to go up. Therefore, I would not expect to see a dye sub shirt.

Errea have a kit designer thing on their website

http://81.113.46.247/

If that doesn''t work, go to www.errea.it and click on the custom icon. You can waste a lot of time playing about with this, be warned.

Errea present various options to clubs when it comes to kit designs and the club will amend them until they arrive at what they want. Having sold different makes of kit, I have to say that Errea are one of the best in terms of quality. They just don''t have the brand power of Nike.

I have heard sky blue (as per the training kits and our original colours so would tie in) but stronger rumours on white - with no truth in the rumour that the selection committee was Becchio, johnson, howson...

Costa Canary wrote: "we cant have blue, any other colour except that.  iv''e always liked orange the dutch always look good in it and very few other clubs use it , just like yellow, which would make us stand out and be different, plus the new boys might feel at home!"

Why do some fans not take the time to find out the history of their club? Our original colours were blue and white in a style similar to that of Blackburn Rovers. Back then we known as the Citizens, before the area''s craze of Canary breeding got noticed by the national media. Must of confused the hell out of these people when we had the 2002 centenary shirts.

History Lesson over.

P.S. I''ve always wondered why we don''t use this as our regular away colours given that they used to be our home colours.

I always assumed that we don''t use blue and white due to it being the colours of our rivals. Kind of like how Liverpool fans were up in arms over their 3rd kit with blue on a few years ago.

I realise they are the colours of "them down the road", but I don''t like the idea of our actions being dictated by them.

Its our history. Why should we let them stop us celebrating it?

[quote user="SeanLong7"]

P.S. I''ve always wondered why we don''t use this as our regular away colours given that they used to be our home colours.

[/quote]

I''d like it as the old half and half as an away kit but don''t we often use the away kit against teams in white (apart from when it was white) since the yellow got quite a bit brighter? It seems like a lame excuse to trot out the away shirt but with no other teams to have to change for other than Watford and Hull in 2010/11, I just assumed we''d started wearing it against teams in white too.

[quote user="SeanLong7"]

[/quote]

eh ?

Every club had their team strip/colours etc

if by chance they clashed with the opposition team it was up to the away team to put on a different coloured shirt ... that''s all

this bo llox about an away strip is no more than guff conjured up to fleece the incredibly stupid

what next, a second half strip ?

[quote user="Yellow Shirt"][quote user="ReadingCanary"]McNally just tweeted"we will have some news shortly"Released today?[/quote]Did he say the news was about the Away Kit?[/quote]

Yellowblood, can you do a bright orange shirt so we look like stewards?

New away kit announced today at 3.30

Norwich City FC @NorwichCityFC

City''s new 2013-14 official Errea away kit will be launched on here and canaries.co.uk today at 3.30pm! pic.twitter.com/5k2PoTuplc

Is this super clever marketing by NCFC or is the shirt design just late?

Never known the away shirt or home shirt for that matter to take so long to be launched.

Everyone will be wanting to get the new players on the shirts, most will be pestered by the kids so now we know RVW is number 9 the sales of shirts will hit hgh numbers.

A couple weeks time the club release a really good second strip which will be a must have, and again the kids pester mum and dad with " all my friends are getting the away shirt, I want one"

As others suspected or guessed etc I too thought it''d be white. It''s obvious that RvW will be one of those featured in the promo but white is hardly a menacing colour, so perhaps we''re going for something a bit different this year - my guess is black and orange. Could be interesting...

[quote user="Indy"]

Never known the away shirt or home shirt for that matter to take so long to be launched.

Everyone will be wanting to get the new players on the shirts, most will be pestered by the kids so now we know RVW is number 9 the sales of shirts will hit hgh numbers.

A couple weeks time the club release a really good second strip which will be a must have, and again the kids pester mum and dad with " all my friends are getting the away shirt, I want one"

[/quote]

Design not late, sample was in the Errea factory in February when I visited (as was the home one). Can''t say anymore, can''t afford to lose our account with Errea and certainly don''t want to get on the wrong side of Mr McNally!

15:30 our time is 07:30 on the west coast USA, will all the players arrive at breakfast wearing the new away shirt?

[quote user="Just Dan"][quote user="Indy"]

[/quote] Design not late, sample was in the Errea factory in February when I visited (as was the home one). Can''t say anymore, can''t afford to lose our account with Errea and certainly don''t want to get on the wrong side of Mr McNally![/quote]

In that case clever marketing by the club then to have launches so far appart. Designed to optimise sales for both shirts, nice.

If it is white... That is okay, would have preferred something a bit out there though... David De Gea goalkeeper purple!?

White would at least mean we don''t just throw on the away strip for the hell of it against Fulham, Spurs and Swansea.

We should wear the yellow and green unless there is a good reason not to.

Signs would suggest black but I don''t think they''d run the same colour consequentially.

Judging by those eyes maybe it''s yellow and green tiger print?

[img]http://s12.postimg.org/qkqjw542l/BPSIKc_UCEAASx_Sb.jpg[/img]

I thnik it''s meant to be a Wolf''s eyes?

Light blue and white halves with bark blue shorts anyone?