Sign in to follow this  
sonyc

Rejections

Looks like we could have 4 players rejecting our offers...Toivonen, Toby A, Quagliarella (apparently Juve want 12m and player " not yet convinced" and possibly Hooper for QPR. Obviously players don''t realise that our fans are loyal (mostly) and the city is a great place to live.

Makes you wonder what percentage of offers get a successful outcome. I guess we are after bigger fish but nevertheless a slightly worrying trend.

On the plus side there is still time for one of the above to sign up I guess?

Possibly (although nothing on Hooper or Quags suggesting they''ve rejected us) 4 rejected us compared Tito the six who have accepted us and signed. Not too bad to me.

if qpr have tabled a bid that is more than we are willing to pay, in what way is that hooper rejecting us?

same with quag, our bid has been rejected, not the player rejecting us.

I think Toby and Toivonen see Norwich as an option, but perhaps a last resort.On the one hand it does upset me a bit, that we are treated that way... but....You have to remember these guys are used to playing Top European football and that is a very hard thing to walk away from.Everyone wants to better themselves in their career and perhaps it''s understandable they see us as a minor step down.

On the QPR forum they are under the impression that Hooper has his heart set on joining Norwich. If they get Hooper then we won''t have matched their bid.
I''d be a little disappointed if he joins them for the sake of bidding £5m instead of £4m or whatever it was, but if the money ends up being £7m then that is a lot to pay for an unproven PL striker with one year left on his deal. 
But.... I''d rather pay £7m than end up short on strikers, so hope that we have suitable alternatives lined up. Don''t want to end up with another Kane or Becchio, we are in desperate need of a high calibre striker and if we don''t get one then letting Holt go would have been a big mistake. 

If Hughton is in Milan, as sky are reporting, perhaps 10 million is only our first bid.Quag, as you say though, doesn''t seem very convinced with Norwich

I guess these things have more to run.

Re: Quag, it does seem odd to have traipsed across to Italy (if they have done) to come back empty handed. He would perhaps be harder to convince to come than, say Toby the Belgian c/b as he appears keen to come to the UK (if not to us) as opposed to having spent all his life in Italy.

Re: Hooper, we would surely match QPR if we wanted, so I can only think we don''t want to - but may yet nip in there with a late effort. CH was dead keen only a few months ago so it does seem to be a bit of an about-turn if we let him move elsewhere.

I guess these things have more to run.

Re: Quag, it does seem odd to have traipsed across to Italy (if they have done) to come back empty handed. He would perhaps be harder to convince to come than, say Toby the Belgian c/b as he appears keen to come to the UK (if maybe not to us) as opposed to having spent all his life in Italy.

Re: Hooper, we would surely match QPR if we wanted, so I can only think we don''t want to - but may yet nip in there with a late effort. CH was dead keen only a few months ago so it does seem to be a bit of an about-turn if we let him move elsewhere.

This is an early sign of the new TV money being chased by certain players.

By contrast, the attitude of Van Wolfwinkel has been really refreshing. I hope he does well for us, he feels part of the furniture already.

All clubs  - including Manu and citeh - have had rejections from their transfer targets - its just what happens so would not read too much into it. 

It''s what happens when you start playing the game like the big boys for that next level of quality. Indeed it''s fantastic that RVW appears to have placed faith in the club and bought into the vision, I''m sure that we will get our men in time for the season... Testing the water and showing ambition with who we want to sign will only help us further!