Sign in to follow this  
Salopian

Who's not there?

Significantly the first interview from the US is with Colin Calderwood, not CH. The reason being that CH will not reach there until Wednesday, Could it be that there were interviews at CR, and I don''t mean for a new cleaner?

Also absent, and still here, were some youngsters and also Bassong and Turner. Calderwood seemed to suggest that the latter two will miss the games in the US, but join in the British games which follow. Could there be niggles, or is it to protect the two CBs in some way? The CBs in the US are thus the young French player Abdel, Ayala and Bennett, and presumably Martin.

Turner, Bassong and Barnett aren''t out there. From Michael Bailey. He doesn''t know why.

Actually, he just confirmed that Turner and Bassong are injured via Calderwood.

Bassong was nursing an injury for pretty much half the season I seem to remember somone saying, so guessing he''s having extensive treatment back here. Same with Turner who had lots of niggles throughout the season. No point in travelling if they''re not going to be taking part in what the rest of the squad is doing. Barnett not going is purely as he''ll be looking for a new club I suspect.

maybe CH not being there had something to do with the very nice Ferrari f430 in the carpark outside yellows? doing a deal?

if it is though, will be a uk based player as it had GB plates

[quote user="lake district canary"]Hughton is presumably trying to tie up deals. He was in Milan the other day.

[/quote]Aye Hughton''s in Milan. (Well Was)Also find it strange how only one of the Murphy brothers made it.Is one injured?

"Also absent, and still here, were some youngsters..."

We obviously pre-arranged for a Squad of 25, the fact that Josh Murphy and Abel Gafaiti are there is because they were the best of the U-21s to fill the last 2 slots. There is no way that we could take all our young players.

I think this proves we need another quality CB. Imagine if both Turner and Bassong didn''t make it to 100% before the start of the new season. I don''t know about all of you, but a Martin + Bennett partnership doesn''t fill me with a great deal of confidence, especially not if its for any prolonged period of time. To be honest, even Turner + Martin wouldn''t really make me that much more comfortable. No problem for a few games here and there I suppose, but definitely not long term.

[quote user="Nicko"]Actually, he just confirmed that Turner and Bassong are injured via Calderwood.[/quote]Well Calderwood needs to calm the fudge down in training then! [:@]

[quote user="Smeg"]

maybe CH not being there had something to do with the very nice Ferrari f430 in the carpark outside yellows? doing a deal?

if it is though, will be a uk based player as it had GB plates

[/quote]

I was in Yellows at 1pm yesterday and noticed the red ferrari outside the club shop parking area, no idea who has such smart of wheels though.

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"]Could Leon Barnett be the player allegedly involved in the Hooper deal?[/quote]He did have a quality season at Cardiff and I know they wanted him long term.So i think Cardiff is probably more likely