Sign in to follow this  
| wolfswinkel |

Who would you prefer, Quagliarella or Hooper?

Just wondering which player other canary fans would prefer to see at CR next season? Hooper whose played in SPL and at championship/ league 1 at Scunthorpe and only 24?

Or an Italian internationally capped, played in serie A majority of his career but at a more expensive fee but more experienced all round but of course he is 30!

Unrealistic to get both... We have lost holt, kamara, Vaughan and Martin and only have 2 senior strikers on the books.

Both different players, Hooper is an out and out goalscorer, a poacher if you will. Quagliarella is someone who will play in the hole behind the striker, the Wes role if you will.

If I had to choose one, I''d say Quagliarella is the better player, Hooper would probably be the better deal

Working on the basis that CH is quoted as saying he was after both Danny Graham and Hooper in the January transfer window, we have sold Grant Holt, Hooper and Quagliarella operate in different roles (I have assumed that we have turned our attention to Quagliarella as it appears that Toivenen will not be joining us) then i would say it is realistic.......

I get fed up with everyone on here who is saying Hooper isn''t good enough. He''s a goalpoacher through and through. If you have a natural instinct for goal you score at every level.Take Holt. Who''d have fancied him from Shrewsbury, but he''s banged them in at every level. We are only linked with Hooper & Quag, both would be very different strikers from each other, and from Van W, so would give us huge variety.Norwich appraoch things under close wraps, so who knows who else might be on the radar, especially if neither of these come off

Class every time - Quag for me

If we can get Hooper too then all hunky dory,  but the extra on Quag should be worth it.

neither, too expensive...bet there is a player out there who''s much better suited and doesn''t cost 7-8 million. I read the suggestion of Finnbogasson, good idea, or Jelle Vossen from Genk, great player!

"I get fed up with everyone on here who is saying Hooper isn''t good enough. He''s a goalpoacher through and through. If you have a natural instinct for goal you score at every level."

...And Cody scores! ... Against the scum!! ...

110% Quagliarella. Stood out for me when I''ve seen Juventus before, whereas unfortunately Hooper always seems to do nothing on the few occasions I''ve seen him, and I just fear he''d be a massive flop.

Also, Hooper wouldn''t further attract great players to our club in coming years in my little opinion, but Quagliarella joining the other new ''star players'' would only make us a more attractive proposition to potential new signings. In this day and age, 8.5mil isn''t much for a great player with a few years left in the tank either...

As I say, Quag 110%.

If it was a choice between the two then it would have to be Quagliarella. He can do everything that Hooper does plus a whole lot more.

Hooper everytime , you can see the Italian now ambling around picking up his £40,000 a week and not really wanting to be here because we are to small a club . Toby and Toivonen all over again . Hooper scores goals and wants to come to Norwich , should be a no brainer really .

It''s a difficult one actually, Quagliarella is undoubtedly the more talented player, but £11m for a 30 year old compared to £4m-£5m for a 25 year old complicates matters if you look at in terms of an investment.

Whilst we''re pretty well off financially, I don''t think we''re at the level we''re we can spend £11m on a player we''re only likely to get 2-3 years out of. Whilst Quag is obvioulsy a quality player he''s getting towards the end of his career and has already done it all, Hooper is young and still needs to prove himself and is desperate to force his way into the England setup. 

On that basis, I''d go for Hooper.

I don''t know if we woul only get 2-3 seasons out of quagliarellla, look at Di Natale who plays for Udinese, he''s 35 and still banging in the goals. And if we sign hooper an he does well for us can you see him here for 3 seasons or more?

Quag - two or three successful years here, and a door could be opened for the Mediterranean market, and progress up the EPL. I can''t honestly see Hooper having the same effect - with good British born strikers in short supply, why have no other major Premiership teams tried to sign him? 

[quote user="wolfswinkel"]

I don''t know if we woul only get 2-3 seasons out of quagliarellla, look at Di Natale who plays for Udinese, he''s 35 and still banging in the goals. And if we sign hooper an he does well for us can you see him here for 3 seasons or more?

[/quote]

I think 35 year olds banging in the goals at the top level are very much the exception rather than the rule, plus the physical demands of the Premier League are a lot higher than they are in Serie A.

If we sign Hooper then it will be on a long contract like RVW and Fer, if they do well, prove themselves and move on in a couple of years then we''ll make good money on them.

Neither at the prices being touted. I know we need to strengthen so we might well end up with one or both these players.

[quote user="ref89"]QuagliarellaAbsolute no brainer, even for the no brainers.[/quote]

Agree.

I think fans have got themselves in a delusional state over hooper and convinced themselves he is a world beater. He''s not. When Celtic lost to Juve he barely got a sniff. He''s so overrated.

We were desperate in January and needed something. He''s been heavily linked to us, hull and QPR. If he was as good as many make out everyside outside the top 4 would be after him. Their not. Says it all.

Quagliarella, easy choice!

It''s difficult to know how good Hooper actually is but Quag is proven class, plus we really need an upgrade on Wes (wonderful player but we need more goal threat).

Quag can be incredibly inconsistent, When he''s on the up though, world class. When he''s on the down, missing.

If Hughton feels that he can manage that then Quag by far is the better signing.

However, Hooper will bring to the team the same attributes that Holt did in terms of hard work and commitment, i think he would be far more self motivated.

I''m undecided, if pushed i would probably go for Hooper. I think any club that fights tooth and nail to hold on to their player is a good sign for the buyer. I''m not feeling that from Juve.

[quote user="Highland Canary"]We need two, arguably, three strikers so both these individuals at least.[/quote]

Norwich need 1 and a half strikers, half a striker being someone like Quag (or Toivonen) who can play up front as well as deeper. With 2 strikers at the club already and Hughton more than likely planning to stick with one up front there is absolutely no need for 5 strikers.

Hooper, because he wants to play for us, he can speak English, and I can spell his name.