Sign in to follow this  
vlad666

Penalty taker

RvW - 94 goals - 26 right foot, 18 left foot, 12 headers, 7 tap-ins, 13 unrecorded and...

...18 penalties.

Yep, he''ll be taking them.

[quote user="Cantiaci Canary"]Has Wes been forgiven yet for THAT howler???!!![/quote]Nope.. he must never again take penalties for us.

[quote user="paul moy"][quote user="Cantiaci Canary"]Has Wes been forgiven yet for THAT howler???!!![/quote]Nope.. he must never again take penalties for us. [/quote].... unless we''re already 4-0 up of course [:D]

I swear I remember Hoolahan taking a penalty for us in a cup game last season or the one before, keeper saves it but luckily Wes scored the rebound! Please never let him near the penalty spot again unless we need him for a penalty shootout or something!

I imagine Wolfie will take the pens with Snoddy second in line.

I expect the wolf to bang the penalties (penalty?) in this season. From those I''ve seen him take he seems to have that coolness which stems from him being such a quality finisher

[quote user="Josh"]I swear I remember Hoolahan taking a penalty for us in a cup game last season or the one before, keeper saves it but luckily Wes scored the rebound! Please never let him near the penalty spot again unless we need him for a penalty shootout or something!

I imagine Wolfie will take the pens with Snoddy second in line.[/quote]

I think you may be thinking of the Leicester cup game 2 yrs ago when he scored from a rebound. He did score a pen against Scunthorpe in League cup last year. I think he only has about a 60% success rate so best to let RVW do the job.

Yeh vs Leicester sounds right, lets hope Ricky takes them his penalty''s look very good on his YouTube clips anyway

From a psychological point-of-view it''s a really good idea to encourage your main striker to hit the net as frequently as possible. It helps to reinforce the neural pathways making the connection with striking the ball AND hitting the net. The more you do it, the deeper it drives into the subconscious...which means the player is more able to do whatever is necessary to convert each opportunity without really thinking about it. He may not always score, but he''s much more likely to!

"Norfolk Mustard"

From a psychological point-of-view it''s a really good idea to encourage your main striker to hit the net as frequently as possible. It helps to reinforce the neural pathways making the connection with striking the ball AND hitting the net. The more you do it, the deeper it drives into the subconscious...which means the player is more able to do whatever is necessary to convert each opportunity without really thinking about it. He may not always score, but he''s much more likely to!

Valid point. Also, strikers are judged on basis of goals scored. Boosting his statistics will increase his value.