Sign in to follow this  
Scottlarock

- Norwich City poll on TWTD

err, yes it''s a pie chart that measures what our not to bright neighbours think of usthe rick here is click on the link in the OP

It gives me such a warm feeling to think how bitterly jealous I would be if Ipswich Town were about to embark on a third consecutive Premier League Campaign with Ruddy, Bassong, Snodgrass, Pilkington, Hoolahan and Wolfswinkel wearing their shirt whilst we prepared for yet another Championship scrap!

but that feeling can never wipe away the dull hollow ache of not having a ''glorious history''perhaps you may have forgotten that stunned silence that followed the initial euphoria of Jackson''s last gasp goal against Derby, the aimless wandering of City fans on the pitch at Pompey, the blank looks on many of the same faces at White Hart Lane in 2012 after the final whistle ...................... when the realisation dawned that they did not have a glorious history and all that celebration was meaninglessjust as it was when fans trudged out of Carrow Road after beating both Arsenal and Man Utd at home in 2012''where are our fading, dog eared press cuttings, our couple of tin player replicas, in fact where are our spare 15,000 empty seats at Carrow Road''we don''t even get to hold press conferences outside of the local magistrates court eitherjust as the 2012 Olympic Games can never compare to -glorious historywe are forever doomed to watch some of the finest players in the world at Carrow Road knowing that it means absolutely nothing

something the poor folk of Stevenage, Yeovil, Doncaster and others will have to put up with being told over the coming months .................... and years

the site is called "Those were the days"

cant we just leave it at that? it sums it up....

[quote user="City1st"]but that feeling can never wipe away the dull hollow ache of not having a ''glorious history''perhaps you may have forgotten that stunned silence that followed the initial euphoria of Jackson''s last gasp goal against Derby, the aimless wandering of City fans on the pitch at Pompey, the blank looks on many of the same faces at White Hart Lane in 2012 after the final whistle ...................... when the realisation dawned that they did not have a glorious history and all that celebration was meaninglessjust as it was when fans trudged out of Carrow Road after beating both Arsenal and Man Utd at home in 2012''where are our fading, dog eared press cuttings, our couple of tin player replicas, in fact where are our spare 15,000 empty seats at Carrow Road''we don''t even get to hold press conferences outside of the local magistrates court eitherjust as the 2012 Olympic Games can never compare to -glorious historywe are forever doomed to watch some of the finest players in the world at Carrow Road knowing that it means absolutely nothing

something the poor folk of Stevenage, Yeovil, Doncaster and others will have to put up with being told over the coming months .................... and years

[/quote]

Well said!

Wow amazing what you can do with a ZX81, just never thought they were Web compatible! Nice that they still remember that big City up the road with our fine Premeirship Club, I had totally forgotten they still existed!

Bless them, maybe they can move on to an Vic 20 and add a Bar Graph too.

[quote user="Indy"]

Wow amazing what you can do with a ZX81, just never thought they were Web compatible! Nice that they still remember that big City up the road with our fine Premeirship Club, I had totally forgotten they still existed!

Bless them, maybe they can move on to an Vic 20 and add a Bar Graph too.

[/quote]I''ve got two ZX81''s under my bed in pretty good nick... [:$]It''s incredible to think that it''s got that huge chunky add-on to put in the back to boost it to a whopping 16k memory! [8-|]

Im not from Norfolk, so I have no perspective on local rivalries, I simply ask the question, ''Is it not a bit sad to still be interested in Ipswich?''

I simply say, because I went to University with a guy from Reading who was a Royals fan. I went with him to watch a cup game once, and the whole section of the Reading support were singing on about how much they hated Swindon. Swindon were either League One or Two and Reading were a Premier League side. As a neutral I just thought what a bunch of sad barstewards they were, still harping on about small town rivalries when the clubs were operating on completely different levels.

I think the rivalry when in the same division is very relevant, but when the clubs are operating on completely different levels it just seems a bit sad from an outsiders perspective.

Not slagging anyone off, as I say, Im not from Norwich so I have no real perspective, I just wonder if it isnt time the club found a more relevant rival?

[quote user="The Great Mass Debater"]Im not from Norfolk, so I have no perspective on local rivalries, I simply ask the question, ''Is it not a bit sad to still be interested in Ipswich?''

I simply say, because I went to University with a guy from Reading who was a Royals fan. I went with him to watch a cup game once, and the whole section of the Reading support were singing on about how much they hated Swindon. Swindon were either League One or Two and Reading were a Premier League side. As a neutral I just thought what a bunch of sad barstewards they were, still harping on about small town rivalries when the clubs were operating on completely different levels.

I think the rivalry when in the same division is very relevant, but when the clubs are operating on completely different levels it just seems a bit sad from an outsiders perspective.

Not slagging anyone off, as I say, Im not from Norwich so I have no real perspective, I just wonder if it isnt time the club found a more relevant rival?[/quote]
....I don''t think it''s sad at all. I understand your point though - however I don''t think there is any logic most of the football rivalries, even less if you are looking from the outside. I mean you would never have expected Brighton and Palace to be such a heated affair. 
However, rivalry has nothing to do with merit and leagues. Yes, if we were in the same league our rivalry would be constant and peaking twice in the season with constant worry week in and week out as to our rivals results. When our rivals are relegated however our joy and glee is monumental and the resulting season will be joyful as it is constant crowing. 
Regardless, it is down to geography and history. Both are things that can not be changed. 
I''d point out also that in your last sentence you said ''the club'' could find a more relevant rival - it''s the fans who decide.

Yep, my pleasure at supporting Norwich City would be slightly diminished if I didn''t have this constant desire to take pleasure in the continual demise of our beloved rivals. From Keane to Jewell, from Bullard to Chopra, it has been a marvellous few seasons for us Budgies.

Regarding TWTD, I too enjoy the occasional visit and notice that hardly a day goes by without some reference to our great club. They are truly obsessed and jealous to the point of irrationality. For example, one poster considered that our  last two wins against West Brom and Citeh were "against the run of play," whilst another proclaimed that there was little difference between our respective clubs at this moment in time except for the money. He genuinely meant playing staff as well.

Priceless.