Sign in to follow this  
lake district canary

Spine tingling!

Every top team needs a good spine - the spine of our team -RuddyBassongFerRVWRegardless of who else we sign, this looks very strong to me.Add to that with what we''ve got and who we might get and we look a  force to be reckoned with. Too early to get too excited, maybe, but................how many other teams can boast a defence like ours with a goalkeeper like ours?  The problems last year were keeping the ball so upgrades in midfield and attack - being able to hold on to the ball better, more mobile in attack mean we are going to look more of a goal threat too.   I know others are upgrading too, but it feels as if we have an advantage over a lot of them. No debts, a strong manager, a strong spine to the team, much improved squad, confidence gained from last season, as I said - simply spine tingling!

Agree looks good LDC. Looks less good if RvW gets injured on 1 September. The squad remains desperately underweight up front - we need three more players in this area.

Highland you hit the point for me. I agree that the spine looks good, but we have all said with an injury to bassong and we looked shaky... Hence with him and turner not on tour now it is clear why we are looking for another centre back and why players have remained such as Ayala.

Our midfield still needs and addition and upfront we do.

The spine of the team has never looked so good, second to that could also be a spine that can grow.

Lets get the other players in as we desperately need back up as our other players/ the second team LDC showed the other day was the team that was inept in the final third last year. So we need additions.

I do believe a new level of condfidence will come in as we will be able to change our style of play due to the quality of the individuals we have brought in.

[quote user="Highland Canary"]Agree looks good LDC. Looks less good if RvW gets injured on 1 September. The squad remains desperately underweight up front - we need three more players in this area.[/quote]Couldn''t agree more.Can''t help thinking we have all our eggs in one basket at the moment. As Holt showed last year, that''s a dangerous game if your lead striker loses form or gets injured. Hopefully the appropriate steps are being taken behind the scenes to resolve that situation (and not just bidding for Hooper, again),

I know we will definitely be getting 2 more strikers in. probably one permanently, and one on loan i reckon, but I just want everything sorted now!! and i know thats completely unreasonable!!

Pyro Pete wrote - "Hopefully the appropriate steps are being taken behind the scenes to resolve that situation (and not just bidding for Hooper, again),"

We have been linked with six forwards in the last few weeks, I presume that counts as "appropriate steps"?

I would add pre season under way and we only have one striker that I would call premiership quality been nice to have a couple in by next week ...............

Most of our targets will be in preseason training with their current Clubs and we also have 4 decent games between the USA tour and the start of the season.

we need them here to gel with our team ? lets not forget we are running out of time and also some will / maybe turn us down then you are on to name number 6/7 /8 maybe 10th on the list ...........................

I''m not old enough to have seem some of the great Norwich teams.Would you of the more "mature" age say this is the greatest team Norwich City has ever had?

[quote user="ReadingCanary"]I''m not old enough to have seem some of the great Norwich teams.Would you of the more "mature" age say this is the greatest team Norwich City has ever had?[/quote]

I''ve been supporting since the late sixties, the best team I have seen was probably 1988-89 season.  We were awesome in our passing and control and very professional.   Not quite as potent in as the Walker era of the early nineties, but for playing football we were sublime.   I think the team today, with our latest crop of players coming in,  is becoming something that could be our best team ever, but it isn''t there yet. That remains to be seen this coming season.  Having said that, the performances against West Brom and Man City, even if they were on holiday, was pretty darn good.