Sign in to follow this  
Making Plans

Pacheco released by Liverpool

Pacheco, who featured against Preston last weekend, won''t travel as his six-year stay at Anfield comes to an end.

The Spaniard has been told he''s surplus to requirements and is likely to secure a move elsewhere over the coming days.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/liverpool-fc-leave-daniel-sturridge-5108747

Well, I''d have him back

Pacheco left us just over 2 years ago and we have moved on in leaps and bounds and no longer is what we are looking for. At the time he was good for us but today I very much doubt it.

Championship basically, is at the age where he just needs to play games. Would be nothing other than a squad player here, and we already have Butterfield. 

[quote user="alartz"]The 1367 thread about this useless Spanish tool!![/quote]
Any player who sticks one in against the scum at Portman Road is worthy of a lot more respect than that. 

He is far from useless but we have moved on - if we go for Pacheco we may as well resign Steve Morison

He will be forever a legend for scoring against the scum in our most famous of victories at Portaloo, and his positive attitude towards us. He''ll be a success somewhere at Championship level or more likely Spain.

Simply not good enough.I was at the Swansea away game in the champ and he was worse than useless (in fairness the majority of the team was).

It''s a no from me.

Good luck to him though. Nice lad (sat behind him at Everton away last year).

Actually, on a free I wouldn''t mind.

I doubt he''d be able to play many games though so it would be a bit harsh.

The main problem here is that he''d take up a squad place but without being strong enough to guarantee a spot in the first XI on a regular basis.I actually think that he''d do a decent job playing off RVW, but when we''re being linked with players like Toivonen and Quagliarella (not to mention already having Wes and a couple of others who could player there), he''s not good enough in relative comparison to them.On a free transfer I don''t think he''d be a bad signing at all, but we already looking at bigger and better players who can make an immediate impact at this level, and it really is arguable that we''ve moved past him unfortunately.I still think the raw talent and ability is there (after all, you don''t come through the Barca youth system, and get poached by Liverpool if you''re a crap player do you?) but the confidence will have taken a hit from his treatment at Liverpool, and he only really seemed to have got himself back on track with the loan at Huesca (albeit at a lower level), so whether or not he could bring his A game back with him is debateable.Maybe we should offer him a short trial during pre-season, let CH see what he can offer NOW (as against 2 years ago) and if he''s got something we can use - we sign him on a cheap deal, if not he goes on his way and the best of luck to him.

Top bloke, likes us and the feeling is mutual.

Would be unfair to bring him back just to sit on the bench though.

We don''t know what Hughton thinks either.

You never know, slotted in behind RVW could be a match made in heaven.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]Pacheco left us just over 2 years ago and we have moved on in leaps and bounds and no longer is what we are looking for. At the time he was good for us but today I very much doubt it.[/quote]Hammer, nail, head.

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="TIL 1010"]Pacheco left us just over 2 years ago and we have moved on in leaps and bounds and no longer is what we are looking for. At the time he was good for us but today I very much doubt it.[/quote]Hammer, nail, head.[/quote]

Mr Til may get things wrong sometimes, but I don''t think he deserves that punishment...........

[:^)]

Two seasons ago I would have loved having him in our squad. But as others have said we have moved on, and in a major way for us. But i do hope he gets a good move and wish him all the best for the rest of his career.

Pacheco has not had it easy over the last few years as a player, relatively speaking of course.   That he liked it at Norwich so much is something that should interest us.  Not for sentimental reasons, but because it could be that this player - who has ability - could find that this is the club that would enable him to find his feet.   He feels at home here and this could enable him to settle and find his best form.  So yes he would come here and perhaps be a squad player, but that might be what he needs. He is still young and could make his breakthrough here, at a club and place where he can fulfil his potential - and that would make him a valuable acquisition for the club, at little cost.

Very likeable, committed player, and made good contributions in a lower division, but we are now in the Premiership and like Liverpool I do not feel that he has skills for this level.

A Lambert player, not a Hughton one. I doubt he''s on our radar anymore

[quote user="Indy_Bones"]The main problem here is that he''d take up a squad place but without being strong enough to guarantee a spot in the first XI on a regular basis.I actually think that he''d do a decent job playing off RVW, but when we''re being linked with players like Toivonen and Quagliarella (not to mention already having Wes and a couple of others who could player there), he''s not good enough in relative comparison to them.On a free transfer I don''t think he''d be a bad signing at all, but we already looking at bigger and better players who can make an immediate impact at this level, and it really is arguable that we''ve moved past him unfortunately.I still think the raw talent and ability is there (after all, you don''t come through the Barca youth system, and get poached by Liverpool if you''re a crap player do you?) but the confidence will have taken a hit from his treatment at Liverpool, and he only really seemed to have got himself back on track with the loan at Huesca (albeit at a lower level), so whether or not he could bring his A game back with him is debateable.Maybe we should offer him a short trial during pre-season, let CH see what he can offer NOW (as against 2 years ago) and if he''s got something we can use - we sign him on a cheap deal, if not he goes on his way and the best of luck to him.[/quote]

Not a bad idea Indy Bones

[quote user="Salopian"]Very likeable, committed player, and made good contributions in a lower division, but we are now in the Premiership and like Liverpool I do not feel that he has skills for this level.[/quote]

Disagree about him not having the skills for this level, he''s probably technically better than a few of our midfielders. As was said by others you don''t go through Barcelona and then Liverpool by being Clint Easton.

Can see him doing a Huckerby, getting a run of games at a club where he feels wanted and in return gaining confidence and rewarding them - he has ability and seems very committed wherever he goes.

Up to Hughton of course, but I''m with the others on this - no harm in giving him a trial.

[quote user="Alex "][quote user="Salopian"]Very likeable, committed player, and made good contributions in a lower division, but we are now in the Premiership and like Liverpool I do not feel that he has skills for this level.[/quote]

Disagree about him not having the skills for this level, he''s probably technically better than a few of our midfielders. As was said by others you don''t go through Barcelona and then Liverpool by being Clint Easton.

Can see him doing a Huckerby, getting a run of games at a club where he feels wanted and in return gaining confidence and rewarding them - he has ability and seems very committed wherever he goes.

Up to Hughton of course, but I''m with the others on this - no harm in giving him a trial.[/quote]
You don''t remember Goran Maric then!