Sign in to follow this  
Yorkshire  Canary

Hooper set to reject QPR

[quote user="YankeeCanary"][quote user="The New Boy"][quote user="ITK Twitterer"][quote user="Yorkshire Canary"]According to daily Star on line 15 min ago. Somewhat obvious really stated he does not want to go into the championship, could be something starts happening soon, this is getting to be a bit of a soap opera[/quote] No mention of Darren Bent for a change Yorkshire?[/quote]

I''m beginning to wonder whether Darren Bent would be such a bad idea..... 

[/quote]

I suggest you keep wondering until you arrive at the correct answer.

[/quote]

Exactly!

Could be worse names mentioned, there''s always The Newton Flotman Wall Basher in Titus Bramble. You can run but you can''t drive Titus. He cost Newcastle £6mil back then....now that''s burning money

err, he didn''tthe figure quoted at the time was around £4.5m with an upward figure of £6mhowever when the paupers went bankrupt in 2003 the accounts did not show any such figure, as with ''plug'' Wright who supposed £6m move to Arsenal turned out to be £2mBumbles transfer, as with Darren Bent, was arranged by Jonathan Barnett with the ever smiling face of Steve Bruce as the happy manager. All three players were touted as being England regulars, but never lived up to the hype - much as the even clumsier Binner Wickham, who was signed by Bruce (and managed by Barnett). Another supposed high figure transfer who has pretty much flopped since leaving poorman road.Still, the dimwits are hoping that dear old Tortoise Bumble will return home and lead them to the promised land .... just as those other great hopes Bullard and Chopra were supposed to - though they both were famed more for their off field antics.Something I doubt we will see from Bramble ....

[quote user="City1st"]err, he didn''tthe figure quoted at the time was around £4.5m with an upward figure of £6mhowever when the paupers went bankrupt in 2003 the accounts did not show any such figure, as with ''plug'' Wright who supposed £6m move to Arsenal turned out to be £2mBumbles transfer, as with Darren Bent, was arranged by Jonathan Barnett with the ever smiling face of Steve Bruce as the happy manager. All three players were touted as being England regulars, but never lived up to the hype - much as the even clumsier Binner Wickham, who was signed by Bruce (and managed by Barnett). Another supposed high figure transfer who has pretty much flopped since leaving poorman road.Still, the dimwits are hoping that dear old Tortoise Bumble will return home and lead them to the promised land .... just as those other great hopes Bullard and Chopra were supposed to - though they both were famed more for their off field antics.Something I doubt we will see from Bramble ....

[/quote]
[quote user="City1st"]err, he didn''tthe figure quoted at the time was around £4.5m with an upward figure of £6mhowever when the paupers went bankrupt in 2003 the accounts did not show any such figure, as with ''plug'' Wright who supposed £6m move to Arsenal turned out to be £2mBumbles transfer, as with Darren Bent, was arranged by Jonathan Barnett with the ever smiling face of Steve Bruce as the happy manager. 
[/quote]
That''s interesting City1st, I don''t recall Steve Bruce managing Newcastle. You wouldn''t by any chance be talking out of your chocolate starfish? 

So Hughton has acknowledged that he''s after striking reinforcements (obviously), but has stated that no deals are imminent. Think this means we can put this Hooper link to bed once and for all?

I do find it a little concerning that it''s been a full 2 weeks since we let Holt go and still aren''t any closer to getting a replacement in. I understand why he let him go but I''m surprised he did so without a replacement in the bag. Very risky stratergy given our failed attempts in the last 2 windows.

Highland, Mr. B ,I am sick and tired of the Hooper soap too. I still have confidence in McNally and Hughton though... The transfer window is still open ''til august 31st. We all know Hooper wants to play in the PL and there''s no use paying over the odds for him !!! I feel Becchio never had the chance to prove himself last season...still a very capable player imo. There''s other good players out there

Mmm. You can look at it which ever way you want I suppose.

I will look at it like this.

Holt gone - replacement RVW (an upgrade as far as I am concerned)

Jackson gone - replacement? No, not yet, but we are actively looking obviously, and that person will be an upgrade on Jackson, a striker, who hardly got a touch last season.

Becchio - still here and albeit, only after a brief glimpse, looked  very handy.

More to come? Well it would seem likely, with all the transfer gossip. BUT, there is still 6 weeks of the window to come.

[quote user="Mr Brownstone"]FFS!

I''d really like to see him here but this is getting beyond boring now.

We''re not short of a few quid, if we really want just stump up the extra million and get him on a plane to California. If we don''t want him can we just f**king say so, so we''re not linked with him every 10 f**king minutes.

Thanks.[/quote]

Apologies for being so blunt but your comment shows why you are not a millionaire CEO and never will be.

[quote user="YankeeCanary"][quote user="The New Boy"][quote user="ITK Twitterer"][quote user="Yorkshire Canary"]According to daily Star on line 15 min ago. Somewhat obvious really stated he does not want to go into the championship, could be something starts happening soon, this is getting to be a bit of a soap opera[/quote] No mention of Darren Bent for a change Yorkshire?[/quote]

I''m beginning to wonder whether Darren Bent would be such a bad idea..... 

[/quote]

I suggest you keep wondering until you arrive at the correct answer.

[/quote]

Brilliant reply, YC. lol.

[quote user="Rock The Boat"]

[quote user="Mr Brownstone"]FFS! I''d really like to see him here but this is getting beyond boring now. We''re not short of a few quid, if we really want just stump up the extra million and get him on a plane to California. If we don''t want him can we just f**king say so, so we''re not linked with him every 10 f**king minutes. Thanks.[/quote]

Apologies for being so blunt but your comment shows why you are not a millionaire CEO and never will be.

[/quote]

Well done Sherlock.

That doesnt mean anything.

I wish people would stop basing current odds as an indication to whether we''re going to sign someone or not..

I could go out and put (if I had it!) a million pounds on us signing Hooper. The odds would change.

Do you see what I''m getting at?

No you couldnt.

Any more than £50 in these types of markets and the bookies sh11t themselves

I couldn''t give a fcuk about Hooper.  If he comes, good, if not, we will get someone else.  He is not that good.

Im the same, but with every day that passes i am getting a little more stresssed about our striking options.

I assured my wife when holty went that it must mean a deal was done for a replacement. Who would be stupid enough to let him go without a new striker in the bag?

Seems we did.........