Sign in to follow this  
Yorkshire  Canary

Hooper set to reject QPR

According to daily Star on line 15 min ago. Somewhat obvious really stated he does not want to go into the championship, could be something starts happening soon, this is getting to be a bit of a soap opera

Perhaps, just perhaps, that''s why McNally knows we, in theory, are only bidding against ourselves?

Is he playing a blinder? Well I still find it strange if an extra £1m would secure the deal why we don''t go for it, when we are so clearly keen on him.

[quote user="Eadie4England"]rumour is west ham wanting him to.[/quote]

Source and PLEASE PLEASE don''t say it is Twitter ?

[quote user="flecky76"]http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/327349/QPR-facing-heartbreak-over-Gary-Hooper-deal[/quote]

From that article:

"Hooper has been the top goal scorer in the SPL for the last two seasons"

Last season - 19 goals. 5th top scorer and 7 goals away from the top.

McNally is either playing a complete blinder or is letting his pride/determination to pay the absolute minimum jeopardise a transfer it appears we could have done by now.

At present I fluctuate daily between each view! At present I am in the camp that this development is all part of the plan but I see the whispers about West Ham as a possible fly in the ointment.

Please get this done so we can move on.

Despite what many think I believe we need this man.

For god sake don''t let him reject QPArse then get snatched from under our noses by wet spam or even worse villa.

Newcastle were second favourites for his signature with the bookies this morning .

Green hooperbecoming Blue hooperis a no hoper(or so it seems)

FFS!

I''d really like to see him here but this is getting beyond boring now.

We''re not short of a few quid, if we really want just stump up the extra million and get him on a plane to California. If we don''t want him can we just f**king say so, so we''re not linked with him every 10 f**king minutes.

Thanks.

[quote user="Prem1"]Newcastle were second favourites for his signature with the bookies this morning .[/quote]That doesnt mean anything.

I wish people would stop basing current odds as an indication to whether we''re going to sign someone or not..

I could go out and put (if I had it!) a million pounds on us signing Hooper. The odds would change.

Do you see what I''m getting at?

But nobody would put £1m on a bet unless they were convinced it would come off. 
Newcastle have actually been linked with Hooper pretty regularly since 2011, so might be something in it. 

[quote user="The New Boy"]But nobody would put £1m on a bet unless they were convinced it would come off. 
Newcastle have actually been linked with Hooper pretty regularly since 2011, so might be something in it. 
[/quote]I had a bet with a mate (albeit only £20!) that we''d finish 12th or above..

I wasnt sure it would come off! Haha.

[quote user="The New Boy"]But nobody would put £1m on a bet unless they were convinced it would come off. 

[/quote]

Why not? Depends on your definition of "convinced". I laid us to be relegated for a sizeable amount last year because I was "convinced" we would stay up but it wasn''t certain.

[quote user="Webbo118"][quote user="The New Boy"]But nobody would put £1m on a bet unless they were convinced it would come off. 

[/quote]

Why not? Depends on your definition of "convinced". I laid us to be relegated for a sizeable amount last year because I was "convinced" we would stay up but it wasn''t certain.

[/quote]
I suppose one mans tenner is another mans million, if you are a Sheikh or a hedge fund manager. 

With Cisse refusing to play / travel with Newcastle due to their Wonga sponsor.I wouldn''t be suprised if his days in a Newcastle shirt are numbered.Wouldn''t mind him here / Hooper on his way to Newcastle ?

[quote user="Yorkshire Canary"]According to daily Star on line 15 min ago. Somewhat obvious really stated he does not want to go into the championship, could be something starts happening soon, this is getting to be a bit of a soap opera[/quote]

No mention of Darren Bent for a change Yorkshire?

[quote user="ITK Twitterer"][quote user="Yorkshire Canary"]According to daily Star on line 15 min ago. Somewhat obvious really stated he does not want to go into the championship, could be something starts happening soon, this is getting to be a bit of a soap opera[/quote]

No mention of Darren Bent for a change Yorkshire?[/quote]
I''m beginning to wonder whether Darren Bent would be such a bad idea..... 

McNally isn''t the issue here, Celtic are - McNally knows that if he ups the bid by a million, they will probably demand another, and once again will go into extremes.

Don''t forget he''s worked for Celtic, and he''s playing it based on well informed judgement and previous dealings in January.

[quote user="ITK Twitterer"][quote user="Prem1"]Newcastle were second favourites for his signature with the bookies this morning .[/quote]

No they weren''t - QPR were favourites, we were then 6/1 other teams followed.[/quote]
Not everybody uses the same bookies, how do you know what odds he saw? 

[quote user="The New Boy"][quote user="ITK Twitterer"][quote user="Yorkshire Canary"]According to daily Star on line 15 min ago. Somewhat obvious really stated he does not want to go into the championship, could be something starts happening soon, this is getting to be a bit of a soap opera[/quote] No mention of Darren Bent for a change Yorkshire?[/quote]

I''m beginning to wonder whether Darren Bent would be such a bad idea..... 

[/quote]

I suggest you keep wondering until you arrive at the correct answer.