Sign in to follow this  
Canaries Utd

OVERLOOKED striker/attacking options...

Does anyone think that Carlton Morris, Josh and Jacob Murphy could be in Hougtons game plan this coming season. I know the Murphy boys were a little infuriating at times with their greediness, but that can be worked on and I believe in Carton Morris we have our replacement Grant Holt in the making.

I know people will argue about the age thing and experience, but when you look at the likes of Rooney and Walcott, they both did it at top six clubs.

I hope they get their chance, there is no point in an academy if we don''t use it to it''s full potential.

I think Neil Adams has a big part to play in our future.

As you enter the main car park, you are presented with a plan of the Hall and its surroundings.

The only game available is croquet, which is accessible to all visitors and can be found in the Walled Garden.

Overall, Houghton Hall is well worth a visit, particularly whilst the paintings are currently adorning the walls of the Hall.

I fee that it would be far too big an ask OP and that pushing any of that team on too quickly could likely be detrimental to either party.

The next step for these boys will probably be some loan-time in the lower leagues prior to further assessment.

I am quite hopeful that at least a couple of that cup winning team will eventually break through, although this would seem to buck the recent trend.

Josh Murphy scored in a 3-0 victory against Dorado in the pre-season friendly. The Mexicans played a more continental style than seen in PL but were not an easy team to beat.

The lad looks promising.

Clearly they are very promising youngsters, but from what I watched in the Semi''s and Final of the FA Youth Cup, they are a way off to be considered as a major part of the first team squad. That said, it really is great to see Josh Murphy scoring in the friendly earlier.....but that doesnt mean he will be close to the squad on the opening day of the league season.

Chris Hughton -

“Josh we decided to put off the front because he has played that role a little bit more and it was some goal,” he said. “It was real good quality and I was really pleased for him. I still think he is one who has more development in him. Is he one who I think is ready at this moment? No, probably not but you just never know. He is a young lad and it will certainly benefit him being out here."

Encouraging words from the Gaffer there.

And great that he still keeps guys feet on the ground. Some managers praise their youtplayers to heavens and same time their egos grow too big

[quote user="Canaries Utd"]Quite why LDC had to start pretty much the same thread an hour and half after this one isn''t beyond me![/quote]Known attention seeker!Id like to see the Murphys get some game time although im not overly convinced by Carlton Morris. his work rate is good and the things he does outside the box is good but im not sure he is a goal scorer.I also like the idea of Murphy playing just off the striker.

Rex Hudson: Josh Murphy scored in a 3-0 victory against Dorado in the pre-season friendly. The Mexicans played a more continental style than seen in PL but were not an easy team to beat.

The lad looks promising.

Last pre-season Vaughan scored a brace against a very good Hertha side, and looked promising....

They are promosing.  But that is all.  It is one thing throwing a youngster into the championship, but eh Premier league is a different universe.We have cash and we an afford to nuture them another year and see who is TRULY good enough to make the step up.

I think it''s worth comparing the Murphy twins to Redmond. They operate in similar positions and Redmond is only a year older.

Redmond made his league debut for Birmingham the season before last (I think?) and since then he''s played Championship football on a pretty regular basis.

I''m not sure either of the Murphy twins look like they''re ready to play in the Championship. That''s not saying they couldn''t or won''t but I think they''ve got a little way to go yet.

I''ve seen Beckham, Lukaku and Walcott used as examples of youngsters who were promoted to Premier League first teams young in one way or another. So why shouldn''t Josh Murphy etc?

This happened because they were exceptional talents who were ready at a young age. Every player is different. Lukaku cost Chelsea £17mill as a teenager, who then farmed him out as he wasn''t ready for them, but he was ready for a team at West Broms level.

I''m sure when Murphy is ready he''ll make a step up, whether that''s in the City first team squad, or on loan remains to be seen. But right now Hughton says he needs to develop, therefore he needs to develop. He''s paid the big bucks to make these judgement calls and I''m sure he''ll call it. Be patient!