Total - 30

Kouyate

Quality - 6

Affordability - 6

Necessity - 6

Excitement - 7

Adaptability - 5

Total - 30

Right, so by using your scale you are saying that you are as excited by Fabio Quageriella signing as much as you would be if Lionel Messi was to sign for us?

I think I''d be a lot more excited about Messi signing personally ;)

I think people are underestimating how much we could use a quality CB.

Now, personally I think Turner was better than Bassong towards the end of the season, and I think R Benno is a great prospect for the future, however, we need another bassong to stand next to him to boss the back line complete. the competiton will also make everyone step up.

with a new striker being a 10/10 necessity for me (we need at the very least 3, with currently having 2.) I''d put a CB at 8.

Alderweireld is 8 for quality I can assure you, having watched some Ajax games! We could use him in our defence.

Think you missed a key one, value for money.

Because personally I don''t see how Hooper can be rated a better signing, or equal, to the three above him. I''d rate him about 2 for value at the moment. He''s an SPL striker. They seemingly still want £5/6 million, and then at a guess I''d say he''d be looking for similar wage to Holt.

Quag has proper top league experience, 30 isn''t that old for an Italian striker, S far as I''m aware many over there play well until mid thirties then start to fade like you''d expect a 32/33 year old here. Played for Italy. Played in top European competitions. I''d rather we spent £10 million on him, than £6 on Hooper. Jelavic looked the real deal, but was essentially a half season wonder.

I''d happily see Hooper here, but for £2-3 million, with maybe another £1-2 in add ons based enteriley on goals. And on less than Holt was on.

Gingerpele, the value for money bit is factored into the affordability.

The 10 was generous for Quag, but he''d definately be a 9. He''s a fans favourite kind of player too.

Not going to lie ive never seen any of these players, just only the hype screen that goes on within forum about themIf they are as good as people keep saying though then I am sure there will be lots of teams fighting to sign their signature

Heh I''m quite sure it is o that they have options yet why we are wating ^^ It is because they wait for those otptions to appear.

I personaly dont see that many teams after Qua as he is either too poor in quality for top teams to go after his signature and has already too big status for going smaller teams without good contract. for example.

We dont want to give crazy wages for anyone and that is great in my opinion. I''m sure Toivonen and Toby would be our players if we would have given them contract big enough to make Norwich traditional yellow to look bit more goldish.

Anyway rating player is purely by opinion. If Messi is 10, Qua is nowhere near 8 in quality, because between them there is quite many players that clearly are not good as Messi, but clearly are way over Qua. Özil to mention one for example. Then you think it again and you find another player between Qua and Özil that is somewhere between those two in quality wise.

So it would need better examples of player for each rank between 1-10 and examples for every position to make it even bit realistic.

I just hate when we overhype players that most of us havent seen ever play more than few games. If Qua would have really been that big name, he would have moved somewhere else than being squad player for Juventus and as Juventus has been great team not great bunch of inviduals it doesnt mean he will be same kind of player that he was for Juve.

At most he is 7 and wont develope to anything more that he is already. I would be happy if we get him to strenght the team as we clearly need more firepower behind the lone striker, but I woudnt be over the moon.

Same goes almost all names except Toby and Toivonen. They both have been starters and in important role for their teams and have both physical and technical abilities to be something bigger (Hooper for example doesnt have these so he would have to outsmart opponent). But then again it is only opinion and Toivonen has same problem than Qua that he has peaked already and wont grow that much as a player.

Kouyate is question mark for me as I dont know almost anything about him and times I have watched belgian league I havent paid attention for defenders. At least his presence looks promising.

I dont give any numbers, but based their stats, need . games I have seen, price and just pure personal view would rank them like this.

Toby

Toivonen

Qua

Kouyate

Hooper / Maxi Lopez

For quality:

10 - Messi - worlds elite (only him and Ronaldo and maybe Bale there)

9 - Ozil - your standard ''world class''

8 - Michu - comfortable and classy at all levels of football worth up to £25m dependent on age

7 - Defoe - player can hold their own and impress at champions league level without pulling up trees

6 - Snodgrass - as above but premiership level

5 - Hoolahan - decent player good enough for the premiership.

4 - Morison - decent championship player

3 - Cureton - decent lower league

2 - Henderson - non league professional

1 - Me! - pretty sh1tE apart from a cracking left foot ;-)

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"]For quality: 10 - Messi - worlds elite (only him and Ronaldo and maybe Bale there) 

6 - Snodgrass - as above but premiership level 5 - Hoolahan - decent player good enough for the premiership.  [/quote]

Bale is not in the same bracket as Messi and Ronaldo.

Not really sure how Snodgrass gets to be a rung above Hoolahan either.

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"]For quality: 10 - Messi - worlds elite (only him and Ronaldo and maybe Bale there) 9 - Ozil - your standard ''world class'' 8 - Michu - comfortable and classy at all levels of football worth up to £25m dependent on age 7 - Defoe - player can hold their own and impress at champions league level without pulling up trees 6 - Snodgrass - as above but premiership level 5 - Hoolahan - decent player good enough for the premiership. 4 - Morison - decent championship player 3 - Cureton - decent lower league 2 - Henderson - non league professional 1 - Me! - pretty sh1tE apart from a cracking left foot ;-)[/quote]

Not sure what''s funnier, Bale being bracketed with Messi and Ronaldo or Cureton still getting a 3...WOOOAAH JAMIE, JAMIE.....

Go on then, who''s the third best player in the world?

Bale absolutely destroyed the premiership last season. He''s now linked with moves worth £60-£80m. I only said maybe too. The top two are undisputed.

The likes of Neymar and Bale could eventually catch up though.

Cureton is about par for course in league 2

Snodgrass was easily our most influential player last season and is better than Wes, whom I rate highly.

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"]Go on then, who''s the third best player in the world? Bale absolutely destroyed the premiership last season.

He''s now linked with moves worth £60-£80m.  [/quote]

Did he?

Spurs finished 5th and Bale was outscored by Suarez and RVP. Did he destroy it?

Don''t get me wrong, Bale is an outstanding player. However, his form went up a notch after Christmas and that''s what people remember. Before that the 3 best players in the country were RVP, Mata and Suarez.

Be interesting to see what kind of figure Bale moves for. When you consider that Falcao and Cavani have moved for less than £60m and with Suarez likely to be less than that too then why would anyone pay more for Bale?

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"]Go on then, who''s the third best player in the world? Bale absolutely destroyed the premiership last season. He''s now linked with moves worth £60-£80m. I only said maybe too. The top two are undisputed. The likes of Neymar and Bale could eventually catch up though. Cureton is about par for course in league 2 Snodgrass was easily our most influential player last season and is better than Wes, whom I rate highly.[/quote]

If pushed, I''d suggest Iniesta. Or maybe Xavi.

Bale is Tottenham''s best player though and he did have a great season. But it''s Sky TV hype to suggest he''s up there with the likes of the others mentioned.

[quote user="Yellow Rose of Texas"]Yes, I think what was said was we only have two and need one more to make a minimum of three.[/quote]
Don''t think we need three strikers, Becchio deserves a chance. He''s probably a better player than we have seen / give him credit for. 
Four strikers in a squad is plenty, five is overkill. Especially as Carlton Morris looks physically ready in an emergency. 

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"]Bale is a Midfielder by trade and is younger. I see him in the same bracket as Neymar at the moment.[/quote]Actually a left back by trade

[quote user="CDMullins"][quote user="Jimmy Smith"]Bale is a Midfielder by trade and is younger. I see him in the same bracket as Neymar at the moment.[/quote]Actually a left back by trade[/quote]Which made his last season performances, even more astoundingRight up there with the best, IF he keeps his form.Real raw pace is absolutly undefendable.

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"]Between 1 and 10 with 10 being Lionel messi for quality for example

Quagliarella

Quality - 8

Affordability - 4

Necessity - 9

Excitement - 10

Adaptability - 5

Total - 36

Alderwiereld

Quality - 7

Affordability - 6

Necessity - 6

Excitement - 8

Adaptability - 5

Total - 32

Toivonen

Quality - 6

Affordability - 7

Necessity - 9

Excitement - 7

Adaptability - 5

Total - 34

Hooper

Quality - 5

Affordability - 8

Necessity - 9

Excitement - 6

Adaptability - 8

Total - 36

Maxi Lopez

Quality - 5

Affordability - 8

Necessity - 8

Excitement - 4

Adaptability - 5

Total - 30

Kouyate

Quality - 6

Affordability - 6

Necessity - 6

Excitement - 7

Adaptability - 5

Total - 30[/quote]
The problem is that you can make any average striker rate highly using your system, especially if they can play a second position. E.g.
Chris Martin
Quality - 2 
Affordability - 10
Necessity - 8
Excitement - 3
Adaptability - 7
Score: 30
Because he would cost peanuts, but is a necessity solely because he plays in a position that we need to fill, and can play as an attacking midfielder so gets a high adaptability score.
The only two metrics that we need to consider are: 
Quality?
Affordability?

Thought he was a left mid and then broke through as a left back? After which, due to his talent, has grown into more influential roles in the team.

I remember him being a free kick scoring hybrid of Ian Harte and Ryan Giggs when he first hit the scene. About the time when Man U or Arsenal could have had him for £10m

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"]Bale is a Midfielder by trade and is younger. I see him in the same bracket as Neymar at the moment.[/quote]

You''re either Daniel Levy or Gareth Bale''s agent....I can''t quite work out which....[;)]

New Boy, i''d mark Chris Martin down on necessity as he''s not got the skills we need. Look how Maxi Lopez lost a mark.

Martin has no pace to his game or any trickery/ decent passing. He has a decent shot but we need more than that as a second striker.