Sign in to follow this  
Nicko

Another good read..

http://www.vavel.com/en/football/premier-league/norwich-city/250714-ambitious-canaries-building-wisely.html

Very good piece indeed.

I''d disagree that Olsson should be favoured ahead of Garrido though but that''s just me. It''s Garrido''s place to lose as I see it.

It''s a flattering if glaringly under researched at points (Rich owners/Nash signing) piece of journalism.

It''s good to see the club talked about by neutrals so highly and that can only help attract players.

We''re definitely causing those who wouldn''t have taken a second glance before sit up and take notice. I guess that''s now going to work two ways though. On the one hand we''re establishing ourselves as a viable destination for brighter talent, but on the other we''re still open to being raided by larger clubs who are now alerted to our presence.

After we signed Olsson, Hughton was quoted as saying "at this time it''s about improving the squad that we have and Martin certainly does that." That could be taken as he''ll have to displace Garrido.

I get what you mean in some respects, but place decisions surely can''t be made purely on pre-season form. There must be an element of previous knowledge from last season''s performance that comes into it.

[quote user="can u sit down please"]

It''s a clean slate,last year counts for nothing now. Whoever has the best pre season should start.

Simples[/quote]

I would say as Garrido has a season here under his belt then it possibly is his position to lose. I don''t think his performances and knowledge of the set up and tactics will count for nothing.