Sign in to follow this  
Kent

The Lord O' Darren Huckerby

Is it just me, or is he one of the most hated players in our league? The abuse he takes from opposing fans is unreal. I''ll put this mainly down to jealousy though, purely because he is ''the best'' player in our division and is in the team top of the league.
Also on the subject of Hucks, the song we sing about him needs an adjustment-purely because the way it is sung doesnt sound totally right. This was brought to my attention yesterday by people sitting near me yesterday. So let''s try this:
OH HUCKERBY, DARREN DARREN HUCKERBY, DARREN DARREN HUCERKBY, DARREN DARREN HUCKERBY OH HUCK....etc etc
Try it yourself now, it sounds so much better!

Yes Kent,they always give the talented ones the most stick but I understand the players are motivated by it and it makes them more determined so I wouldn''t worry.
As for his song, good idea it works, but I thought you might want to know that I sing my own little Huckerby song to myself on my way home after a game and it goes like this
I love you Darren I do
I love you Darren I do
I love you Darren I do
Oh Darren I love you!

It feels good to have another hero, havent felt excitement like this about any individual player since the Flecky days and I loved him too.Love them all of course but we all have our favourites don''t we?

You''ve just got to see the abuse as a compliment really (not a very good one but there you go)! Its like that with all the best players around the world, Nistelrooy and Henry get it all the time. It just spurs them on to play even better and and to shut them up by winning the game.